Round 2: Lakers vs. Jazz OFFICIAL THREAD...

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Mamba, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

We've done it fellas! Analysts were saying Kobe couldn't get past the first round without Shaq...he did.

Laker fans, it's looking like we'll face Utah. Hopefully Houston can push them to at least 6 games, if not 7. Who would you rather face?

I think Houston would be the easier team to beat, obviously, but they're no walk over. They seem to give us problems a lot.

With Utah, we've got to contain Deron. He's the key.

Either team, Lakers in 5!

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    I'll take the Lakers in six if it's Utah.

3. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

I want Utah, Lakers will beat them in six.

4. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    The jazz scare the crap out of me. they're good man, youve got deron and boozer to compete with kobe and pau, but theyve also got okur, and he is the xfactor of their team agasinst us. we havent got ourselves a center (bynum is not goin to be back) and okur is pretty dangerous sometimes. of course we've got kobe to bomb away, but there is an extent to which he can carry our team, pau can fill some of the spaces that kobe leaves but can he out muscle boozer? no way. boozer is a dynomite force downlow, and he is quick off of the pick and roll. there is no way fisher will contain deron, and we've got to pray that odom shows up big time against AK47. i beleive that is the key, odom plays big and we will win. kobe will do his thing, pau and boozer are an even matchup, boozer has strength, but pau has finess. we play as hard as we can on deron and the rest will be up to odom (and our bench). if odom doesnt show up then jazz have it, imo. our bench matches up to theirs really well but can we defend such a good offensive team? can we stop deron killing fisher on both ends of the floor? can odom show up and rack up 15-20 points a game (thats what we need from him)? will pau crack under the pressure of gaurding boozer? its alll up in the air at the moment, if anything this is going to 7 games.

5. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

We got Kobe/Gasol/Odom. Odom is always the X-factor. If he goes 20/10 its really hard to beat us. I really dont care who we face next. Its all the way to the finals baby!!

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Not even 20/10. 15/11 is good enough.

Trench can you sticky this, unsticky the other one?

7. michau

michau JBB JustBBall Member

[video=youtube;8ukde193ivM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukde193ivM&feature=related[/video] that´s the way we can foul him out.

8. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

Lakers in 5. If Bynum returns, sweep.

9. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Utah matches up really well with LA. i dont know who will win that series, but its going to 7.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Analysts were saying Kobe couldn't get past the first round without Shaq...he did</div>

ya, but not without pau.

10. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

^ oh so thats going to be the new excuse now? Come on. Jordan didnt do it without Pippen. So what? Every star needs a sidekick. Magic/Kareem? Bird/Parish? Duncan/Parker/Ginobli? , Wade/Shaq?

What does Kobe have to do? Play one on five in the playoffs and win a championship to prove his point?? You guys are all fools.

11. Answer_AI03

well then the point shouldn't be brought up that he "did it without" whoever.

12. huevonkiller

Student.
    It doesn't matter if it was with Pau or not, Kobe's Batman this time, that's the difference.

13. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Arg, if Utah finishes of the Rockets (OK, when since it is a TMac squad), I'll be forced to pull for the Lakers in round 2.

If Walton, Odom, Farmar and Sasha don't show in round 2, I'm going to be royally pissed.

14. Answer_AI03

Millsap and Korver are going to come off the bench and tear up LAs second unit.

15. huevonkiller

Student.
    I don't care who we play, we'll be relaxed, be in LA, and we've done well against Utah this season.

It's annoying that Ronny hasn't played well because of his injury. I know he's just a scrub but I kind of miss his energy.

16. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Answer_AI03 @ Apr 29 2008, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Millsap and Korver are going to come off the bench and tear up LAs second unit.</div>

Where's your basis for that? I'm not trying to question the skills of Millsap and Korver, but is there some kind of reasoning you have of this or are you just going to leave it at that.

All year the Lakers 2nd unit, more often than not has been consistent with energy, scoring, shooting, and defense. And we have more than just a "Korver" and a "Millsap". We have our Walton, Sasha, Farmar, DJ, and Ronny. This isn't even including Ariza, if in fact he is healthy, Mihm, who hasn't shown up since his injury, or Karl, who just doesn't play. I honestly think our 2nd unit is just superior to the Utah bench.

You can make a case if you want, I'll always respect a good case [​IMG]

17. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Milsap is the only bench player we need to worry about, and even then, we have more than enough bigs to match up against him. No big deal. Korver can come off the bench and hit threes. Who cares? He can't play a lick of defense, and we have our very own three point shooter in Sasha Vujacic. Not to mention Kobe Bryant isn't very fond of Utah fans, so he will only use that as motivation to play harder.

We never really had trouble against Utah anyways, not even on their homecourt. I expect us to take this in 5 or 6 games

18. Jumpman

Jumpman And Your Nominees Are...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Answer_AI03 @ Apr 29 2008, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Millsap and Korver are going to come off the bench and tear up LAs second unit.</div>

The Lakers bench kills Utah's bench.

I have no fear of facing the Jazz, we beat them on their own home court without Bynum or Pao. And we blow them out everytime they come to staples. Everyone is playing great on the Lakers right now, including Walton.

Lakers in 5 vs Rockets, 6 vs Jazz.

19. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Jazz just lost

That means more rest for us, right?

20. michau

michau JBB JustBBall Member

by the way when does round 2 starts ?