Round 2: Lakers vs. Jazz OFFICIAL THREAD...

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Mamba, Apr 28, 2008.

1. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    You just have to let AK take that shot, and if he makes it, hats off to the guy.

Missing two after their little streak was just another "regression to the mean"; it was bound to happen.

2. Jumpman

Jumpman And Your Nominees Are...

It doesn't feel right celebrating without Brian, Mamba and Shape.

3. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

I'm here [​IMG]

Wow what a great game. I can't believe we're finally going back to the Western Conference Finals. Just four more wins until we reach the NBA Finals. I never would have expected such success at the beginning of the season. Props to the whole team for coming out with a win. Boy does it feel good to close out in Utah [​IMG]

As for the game though, I was sitting on the edge of my seat for pretty much the entire fourth. I knew the Jazz were going to make a run, luckily for us, it was too little too late. Kobe kind of pissed me off this game, he seemed pretty careless with the ball at times, but when we needed him the most, he stepped up like a man and carried us through. Also, props to Lamar for converting the two free throws in the clutch. I would have NEVER seen that coming, I was hoping he'd hit just one.

Anyways, great series guys, but it's not over yet. We still have eight more games to win. Go Lakers!

4. illmatic

illmatic JBB JustBBall Member

What a freakin game, just unreal, I'm glad it ended how it did so we CRUSHED the fan's hearts.

All I can say is......KOBE = MVP, WOW....

I'm never going to doubt him as a leader ever again.

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Best game of the season! Last night was exactly what the playoffs should be about. The Jazz never gave up and the star players on both teams rose to the occasion to deliver.

The shake and bake dribble Kobe put on Harpring to freeze him and then hit the 3 point dagger gave me chills. He follows it up with a gift from the basketball gods banking in an off balanced jumper and 1.

I also wanted to point out how EVERY single Jazz player gave an extended congratulations to Derek Fisher after the game. Obviously they had no problem with his decision to leave and don't have a hateful grudge against him. It's a shame a lot of the fans in Utah went out of their way to harass Fisher and his family. Like Mike Tirico mentioned during the broadcast, there was a group of Utah fans throwing things at the Lakers during the break between the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter who were also shouting out ridiculous profanity.

Great game for the Lakers. I think this gives us the best post season for the teams left at 8-2!

6. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

thank God Utah is out.....................that's all.

7. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

^ haha.

I think Phil Jackson deserves some huge props. He totally disrupted Utah. He got his guys to push the tempo, Odom and Gasol are more athletic and are better at running than Boozer and Okur, Millsap also wouldn`t want a fast pace game compared to say Radman, and Utah prefered a slower pace. The fast pace would tire the bigs, and get them to be sloppier on offense and defense and foul more, and more possessions also increases the number of times they could foul.

Having Gasol play Boozer really seemed to mess him up, but even Odom was doing a great job on him. Had Kobe iso on a 6`9 AK47 who clearly isn`t quick enough, same thing with Harpring who is too heavy lol, but didn`t have him iso up on Brewer. Brewer was the only one that could keep up with Kobe.

and did Derek Fisher play the best series of his life ?

8. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I just got to watch the game, as I was up in the mountains for it.

Man what a fuckin' game. Kobe Bryant is simply an amazing leader. Fish, Pau, LO, Vlad, and Sasha all stepped up. I liked the rotations we had out there today. I don't care if Farmar doesn't get much PT for the rest of the playoffs, the main rotation we used out there really was good.

Deron Williams...I'm telling you, that kid is better than Chris Paul because of his size and strength.

9. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Fish was ridiculous in this series. Jazz killer.

10. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ May 17 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you guyz are acting real immature about winning, they gave you a good game and a good series. Give them their props.

something classless fans would do smh</div>

Don't you have some intricate details about Kobe's rape case to post, or something?

Get out of here with your garbage. Were do you see classless fans? Unless..of course, you were at the games in Utah.

They gave us a decent series, yes..but we were obviously the better team. Even when they beat us, it wasn't convincing. Each game in Utah, we beat ourselves with turnovers and missed free throws. They played their best and barely beat us.

11. LakerBlood

LakerBlood M.V.P

It was a very good game indeed. Lakers started off well, but by forth quarter, Jazz came up on us by around a few points. Luckily at the end, Jazz missed some three-pointers they were shooting. Or else they could of won.