Rumor Central: Ed Davis prefers to stay in Portland long-term

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Denny Crane, Sep 17, 2017.

1. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Rooks like you are very important for his ego!

#TwoBirdsOneStone

2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Ed has some holes in his game. Needs to continue to work on the free throw issue and of course any perimeter game would be nice. The best part is his hustle. You simply cannot replace hard work and Ed works hard all the time. Someone on here said he doesn't play defense which is way out of line. Ed defends the rim as well as anyone the Blazers have had not named Nurkic. Healthy he will get minutes and make a difference.
    The other non stat sheet things he does just add to his value. Glad he works well with this team and glad he wants to be here.

3. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    That really is the biggest clue to his act being shtick.

dviss1 likes this.
  4. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

So after 7 years of hard work he is the exact same player he was when he came into the league but now all of a sudden he is going to improve?

5. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Ed was an effective backup the season before last, playing defense, rebounding, and getting put backs. He played tough. If he can get back to that he's a fine backup. And a fine trade piece, if needed. Plus he's a super likable guy; those are good to have on a team too.

:cheers:

6. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

I love gaining knowledge.

Let me know when you're dropping some.

It'll be a first.

7. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

[​IMG]

BLAZINGGIANTS likes this.
  8. BLAZINGGIANTS

Yeah, the way the whole "like" thing goes.... One, funny to point that out like that fuels his ego. "My worth is tied to my like ratio..... FAMS!"

And two, pretty much anyone that joined after the whole site switched from rep to likes has more likes than posts. Big fucking deal.

But hey..... We all gotta take what we can to pump ourselves up to get through the day. Me.... I'll stick to my Wheaties.

9. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I didn't see anyone saying Davis was going to "improve" skill wise. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out he's at or near his ceiling. All anyone pointed out is that when he is healthy, he's effective at the things he does best. So we all want him to get healthy. You're likely correct when you infer that he is where he's going to be talent wise. So what?? As others pointed out far more articulately than you, what he "is" is what we need, for a variety of reasons. This ain't a fantasy league, it's the NBA. Maybe you got the two mixed up.....????

Strenuus, Denny Crane and 42N8Bounce like this.
  10. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

This is @Gronk Brady

Black Mirror's third season opens with a vicious take on social media

[​IMG]

"Nosedive," the first installment of Netflix's new six-episode season, replaces "phones" in that sentence with "social media." The script, written by Parks And Recreation's Michael Schur and Rashida Jones, turns social platforms' self-curation and validation-seeking into the backbone of a future society. But the issues at play go beyond the ways users project their best, most enviable selves onto their Instagrams and Facebook feeds. Almost exactly a year ago, Verge reports editor Josh Dzieza published a piece called "The ratings game: How Uber and its peers turned us into horrible bosses." The gist was that the combination of an on-demand economy and a new class of ratings-dependant employees was turning customers into entitled, hypersensitive critics. That article could have been the road map for "Nosedive." Just as Uber drives started offering riders free water, candy, and other perks to ingratiate themselves with increasingly demanding customers, the characters in "Nosedive" nervously tailor their lives to be ingratiating online, within certain very narrow guidelines.

Black Mirror creator Charlie Brooker says "Nosedive" is intended as a satire, which helps explain its arch, bright, over-the-top tone. In the episode, augmented reality and a single ubiquitous social-media platform let users rate all their online and in-person interactions on a five-star scale. Everyone in this brave new world walks around with a user-generated score glowing in front of their faces, and that score determines their value in society, their access to services, and their employability. Protagonist Lacie Pound (Bryce Dallas Howard) has a respectable 4.2 score, but she envies the higher rating of her childhood friend Naomi (Alice Eve), and starts taking calculated steps to boost her ranking. The episode title hints sharply at what comes next.

[​IMG]
    The barrier for entry in "Nosedive" is fairly high. Viewers have to accept that there's no competition for the social-media app that rules everyone's lives, and no way to rate businesses or other institutions. In the real world, people who have bad experiences with airlines or car-rental companies often go straight to Twitter or Facebook with their complaints, and often rack up instant, insincere public apologies from online customer-service reps. Lacie has no such option; when a company screws her over, showing no remorse and giving her no recourse, she's expected to retreat meekly and politely. As judgmental as her society is, it doesn't turn any of that judgment on institutions.

an app called Peeple, which was, in its original incarnation, almost exactly what "Nosedive" portrays: a "Yelp for people," complete with five-star ratings system. The internet loudly rebelled, complaining that Peeple would magnify the anonymous, cowardly bullying of other social platforms, and subject non-users to humiliation they couldn't control. The company fled from the public eye, and eventually emerged months later with a neutered version of the app, sans ratings and with ways for users to reject bad reviews. The instant outcry at the idea of Peeple makes the world of "Nosedive" seem even less likely than it would otherwise — we saw hints of this future on the horizon, and instantly rejected it. But at heart, Black Mirror isn't really about the future. It's about the things we take for granted in the present, and how it takes an exaggerated, satirical version of the world we live in to make us see ourselves clearly.

11. 42N8Bounce

42N8Bounce Red Hot And Rebuilding

I'll give him a pass for last year since he was playing with the shoulder injury.
    Ed-Per.jpg
    I'm not a stats expert, but I think I see a trend there.

I like Ed. He's reasonably paid, and knows his role. Every team needs players like Ed to fill the gaps. He defends and rebounds. I'd love to have him back next year at a reasonable rate.

12. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I spend time here because I like reading and posting about the NBA. I don't have to respect you to read your opinion.......shit I'm doing it with YOU right now.

13. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Ed doesn't need to "improve". Just get back to his healthy game. Every team needs a guy who can play 15 min and do the dirty work. Set picks, get some rebs and lay some wood on people. Thats Ed. Excited to see him succeed again.

Scalma, RickyJoe, SIeepwalker and 7 others like this.
  14. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    I HATE it when you're the voice of reason like you've been in this thread :)

theprunetang, BoBoBREWSKI and THE HCP like this.
  15. kjironman1

That really is not the case. His game has improved but the stat sheet is not showing everything. Also different teams had him playing different ways. I agree that the free throw shooting has not improved nor has his outside shot but his presence and rebounding have and his put backs have increased. Footwork and assists have some effect on the game also.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  16. kjironman1

But you only have 8600 likes and 38,000 posts so you must not know much....

Strenuus and THE HCP like this.
  17. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

I always knew I was a genius

18. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
  19. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

I hope he returns to form and there really isn't any reason he shouldn't considering so much of his game is based on effort. Wonder how long that shoulder was bothering him. If we get the Davis from two years ago it's like adding a new player. That version of Davis would be the perfect backup for Nurkic and would allow Collins to focus on battling Vonleh and Swanigan at PF.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  20. BLAZINGGIANTS

And yet, nobody else notices or recognizes it.

It's a lonely world, as a genius, no?

SIeepwalker, theprunetang and Shaboid like this.