Rumor is Vegas will take Lindberg

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jun 21, 2017.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Thanks Gorton you stupid fuck. You and your fucking incompetence to not trade Stepan. Now the fucking moron has to trade Raanta and Stepan to get back some asswipes on this team that can play defense and win a faceoff. If Lindberg agrees to play for that team he will do nothing there. His game will not benefit on a shit team. Rangers will sign him back in a couple of years.

2. kreidertime

Something tells me these asswipes like Nieves still. Why I have no idea. Now, if there is one guy who can fill Lindberg's role it's Fontaine who can beast on draws and IMO is a guy that could make this league by 20. If not, he has to make a deal.

3. kreidertime

With Raanta and Stepan on the block, the Rangers can re-tool. Especially with a young centerman who can win draws. If you want some comfort. Lindberg isn't 22. He's 25. So, not sure how much better he can get. I'm absurdly high on Gabriel Fontaine as a future center on this team. So, I'm sure as he matures I'll forget about this.

4. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

This really angers me as I said it would the other day. Gorton really dropped the ball here. To me Lindberg was always the clear choice for Vegas. Pisses me off.

With that said, I will wait until I see a finished product before calling for Gorton's head. There is a lot of heat around Stepan and Raanta, so I fully expect a trade to be made in the next couple of days/this weekend. So I will judge where we stand after that.

But today I am really f'ing angry that Gorton allowed Lindberg to get away for nothing. He better move Stepan and get a dman upgrade in here otherwise I will be calling for Gorton's head.

Truth is team wise we can afford to lose Lindberg as we do have real good forward depth, but I do fear he will be a 15 goal 35 point C moving forward, a true solid 3rd line C...maybe he can even get to the level of a 2nd line C. And if they move Stepan as expected, how nice would it have been to have Lindberg to C the 3rd line.

We are where we are now, so let's see what Gorton does. He better move Stepan, and I would package Raanta with him if we can get very good value and increase the return.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  5. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

At this point I want to see them put a team together that can win. Lindbergh was a bottom 6 forward here. So what if he turns into a 15 g 35 point guy.... this team has too many of those types already

6. strudwickisthebest

Maybe they can sign Nick Bonino

7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The only thing now is if they deal Stepan they're down two C, unless they get back one in that deal, maybe Little if he goes to WPG. It stinks about Lindberg but they'll be ok, and who knows how much more he becomes. Nieves and/or Jensen will get cracks or maybe they deal for a #4C.

8. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Lindberg had come into his own as a grinder that this team lacks. He played a key part as a checking forward.
    His game established that the Rangers had a legit fourth line. With him gone team goes back to square one
    in developing a complete team player. Rangers do not have many of these.

9. strudwickisthebest

Team has too many grinders already

10. kreidertime

Well, Stepan and Raanta are going to bring back a lot from what I hear. So, this team is going to be super young IMO. Gabriel Fontaine. Remember that name. You know about Ryan Graves. Zborovskiy and Day are coming big time. Two defenseman we signed. Big changes coming. Gropp maybe. Let's see what Gorton does. Grabner fits this team like a glove. He would have sucked on Vegas. Same with Fast.

11. Ranger71

The Vegas road jerseys are awesome looking. Looks like McPhee is going with a cheaper U-25 team which isn't much of a surprise.

12. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Isles are crazy. Dealt a 1st rounder this year and a 2nd rounder in 2019 to Vegas. Got rid of a bad contract, but that's a big price. I think we'll see them make a big trade to add a top 6 forward and improve for now to try and keep Tavares.

13. Ranger71

They'll probably get Duchene or JVR.

14. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Lindberg knows how to play defense. My point is Ranger forwards do not play good defense. Gorton fucked up!

15. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Well, the isles got Eberle for Strome.