Rumor: Qrich to the Knicks?

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Custodianrules2, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

2. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

^Well,the Knicks gm IS Isiah Thomas [​IMG] .Could have repeated exactly what you said for half the trades/signings the knicks have made.

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

If Isiah is going to do this, he must have a lot of faith in Channing Frye or whoever he's going to draft on draft day to fill the center position.

C - Channing Frye / Mike Sweetney
    PF - Mike Sweetney / Malik Rose / Maurice Taylor
    SF - Q / Trevor Ariza / Tim Thomas
    SG - Allan Houston / Q / Jamal Crawford / Penny
    PG - Stephon Marbury / Jamal Crawford / Penny

#30 in the draft can be Randolph Morris, Dwayne Jones or Juilus Hodge.

4. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

I don't know that I can trust realgm 100%. I hope this is a fake, though.

Another swingman? [​IMG] [​IMG] I'll just wait until ESPN reports it before I start getting too upset over this.

5. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Yeah I read the rumor off RealGM too and I`m still optimisic.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The deal was confirmed to Reina by a source close to the trade negotiations.</div>Thats from Realgm. I dunno, that doesn`t sound too confirmed to me. But if this trade were to go down, I`d be suprised thinking that the Suns wouldn`t want to break up their run-n-gun format.

6. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I think there might be some legitimacy to this rumor. I don?t go to RealGM.com very often, but wouldn?t it have a question mark or something if it were a rumor? It just says Kurt Thomas was traded for Richardson. If this rumor really is true, I must say it does have a bittersweet taste to it, but overall as crazy as it might sound, I think it was for the better of the team.

With Kurt Thomas, we do lose low-post defense, we do lose rebounding, we do lose an overall consistent and solid big man, but that contract is pretty hefty. Granted, Q?s contract is as well, but unlike Kurt Thomas, he?s only 25 and has a lot of basketball left in him. Kurt Thomas will be 33 by preseason next season and although he keeps getting better year by year, it won?t be safe to count on him to continue this pattern and already showed a little sign of breaking down this season.

It also gives us a great shooting option just in case Allan Houston doesn?t return to his old self which is quite possible; he is 34 and trying to recover from a major injury. I have faith in him and hope he can become a shell of himself in 2003, but I won?t hold my breath. Q will give us an immediate shooting threat and believe it or not, a pretty adept rebounder at guard.

We also needed to free up space at the power forward position. There?s no way we could have gone another season playing with five power forwards. Malik Rose, Maurice Taylor, and Jerome Williams are pretty untradable with those contracts plus we needed to free up space so Sweetney can develop comfortably and get solid minutes. Thomas was cutting into his development process.

Kurt Thomas was a great guy, but I also feel as if he was at his last straw with the losing. He said he might even demand a trade soon and would talk to his agent about it. Also with the fighting both him and Marbury did this season, it makes you wonder how long we would go on. It just seemed as if it was the beginning of the end for him this season.

Overall, Kurt Thomas helped us and helped us for the past six years (yes, it really has been this long) but I feel as if it is time for a change. If Isiah didn?t bite on this trade, I think it will come back to haunt him in the future because this is probably the best deal he will get for Kurt Thomas at this point in time. I support this trade and hopefully it will be a good move for us in the future.

We were interested in another swingman either way instead of drafting one, we were able to get a proven, NBA-ready one who still is pretty young. It?s not too bad, remember Allan Houston and Penny Hardaway barely played for us so he can make up for their lack of scoring and actually give us something. At the very least, either him, Tim Thomas, or Crawford will come off the bench and give us some instant offense with 6th Man of the Year potential.

7. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

Whats the difference between Q and Crawford? Q just has a post game, and Crawford has more PG/SG skills/crossover/handles. Overall, they just chuck up shots

Anyway, if you're from Chicago, Isiah is going to try to get you on the Knicks [​IMG]

How the hell does this help our defense?

How about add Ariza in there and Phoneix's 21th pick?

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">Whats the difference between Q and Crawford? Q just has a post game, and Crawford has more PG/SG skills/crossover/handles. Overall, they just chuck up shots

Anyway, if you're from Chicago, Isiah is going to try to get you on the Knicks [​IMG]

How the hell does this help our defense?

How about add Ariza in there and Phoneix's 21th pick?</div>
    There?s a big difference between Q and Crawford. Q isn?t that much of a chucker than Crawford he?s overall a better scorer than him. He?s a better rebounder than him and a better shooter than him. Q?s field goal percentage is very deceiving. About 60% of the shots he takes are 3-pointers and he shoots a solid 36% from there. Our defense was terrible already; I can?t imagine it worse than it already is. Chances are the Knicks are going after Frye ? a pretty good shot-blocker so we should be okay in the start of the season.

9. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

Honestly, Jimmy Jackson can still play, and Q Rich wouldnt be such a big loss for the Suns.

Kurt Thomas is our best big man, and the best defender on this team...its not like Phoneix needs Q like we need Kurt Thomas

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">Honestly, Jimmy Jackson can still play, and Q Rich wouldnt be such a big loss for the Suns.

Kurt Thomas is our best big man, and the best defender on this team...its not like Phoneix needs Q like we need Kurt Thomas</div>
    We could definitely use Kurt Thomas, but it was for the better of the team. His contract is pretty lengthy for someone who?s turning 33 this year. We?re going to need to give Sweetney the room and no one will take any other power forward but Kurt Thomas. We need to get rid of Thomas.

11. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

I agree I can see this deal going thru from a Suns stand point, they made it clear even during the season last year that the Small ball(starting lineup) was only temporary, which meant that they where going to have to get rid of one of their wing players inorder to acquire somemore size. At first I figured it would be Marion but I think that even tho he struggled during the playoffs his versatitly proved its worth, so that really only left Richardson as trade bait.

After the playoff preformance by Richardson, where he proved himself to be sort of a one dimensional outside gunner, the Suns kind of make out like Bandits in this deal in my opinion. They get the Knicks best big man, and who even tho is undersized is still capable of playing the 5, and after you get past Shaq, Ming, and Big Z, is probably on the 2nd teir list of Centers even tho it isnt his natural postion. And they also free up the long term money to give Joe Johnson, the wing player they really want to keep.

Knicks get robbed, they get stuck without a legit big who can play the 5 on a everyday basis, which means it puts more immediate pressure on whoever they draft. And they get stuck with a another long contract for a guy who is turning out to be nothing more then a athletic spot up shooter.

12. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

I don't see why either teams do this. Sure the Suns get a low post presence with Amare, but they lost a very good swingman and core of the run'n'gun offense. The Knicks, well have to many swingmen

13. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't see why either teams do this. Sure the Suns get a low post presence with Amare, but they lost a very good swingman and core of the run'n'gun offense. The Knicks, well have to many swingmen</div>

But what Richardson really is mainly a trasition shooter, so is Jim Jackson, while Richardson has him in youth, Jackson will be cheaper to keep, stronger defensively. And more experience tested. So that all adds up to not missing Richardson all that much, if at all. Kurt Thomas is an excellet Pick & roll bigman, Nash is the best pick & roll point guard in the league last year, a perfect fit. Next season, teams will be gearing to stop the Nash/Amare pick & rolls this now gives the suns another bigman option to go to in that set play. And it also adds a bit of vestalty to that pick & roll because Thomas is more of a pick & pop guy, teams are use to trying to keep up with the Suns bigs rolling to the basket in pick & rolls, so now they have a guy who is going to roll more to the 15 foot area on pick & rolls, so teams are going to have to continously try to adjust to the Suns in that situation. Suns are going to become a better half-court team in my opinion by this addition because of that slight verstality I think they added to pick & roll.

14. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">After the playoff preformance by Richardson, where he proved himself to be sort of a one dimensional outside gunner, the Suns kind of make out like Bandits in this deal in my opinion. They get the Knicks best big man, and who even tho is undersized is still capable of playing the 5, and after you get past Shaq, Ming, and Big Z, is probably on the 2nd teir list of Centers even tho it isnt his natural postion. And they also free up the long term money to give Joe Johnson, the wing player they really want to keep.</div>
    Well with Allan Houston down, the Knicks can use a shooter. Q is only 25 which is still pretty young and I think we all agree the Knicks should go younger. He was barely able to survive playing center in the East so how can he go play center at 6?9 in the West? It?s not like he has outstanding athleticism either. He still won?t allow Amare to move out of the center, however, as you said, Marion gets back to his natural small forward position.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Knicks get robbed, they get stuck without a legit big who can play the 5 on a everyday basis, which means it puts more immediate pressure on whoever they draft. And they get stuck with a another long contract for a guy who is turning out to be nothing more then a athletic spot up shooter.</div>
    But Kurt Thomas wasn?t really a legit center although he played it. He said it himself, we need a real big man for the team because he was a power forward. With the Knicks having five power forwards, they needed to get rid of someone and Kurt Thomas was the only one who actually had some valuable. Frankly, we were lucky to get Q for Kurt Thomas. Kurt was 33 years old and we were paying him a fortune. At least Q is almost a decade younger and their contracts are pretty equal.

15. Nylex

Nylex JBB JustBBall Member

Has this rumour officially been confirmed/shot down yet?

16. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MrJ:</div><div class="quote_post">We could definitely use Kurt Thomas, but it was for the better of the team. His contract is pretty lengthy for someone who?s turning 33 this year. We?re going to need to give Sweetney the room and no one will take any other power forward but Kurt Thomas. We need to get rid of Thomas.</div>

Q has 5 years in his contract.......

17. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">Q has 5 years in his contract.......</div>
    But Q is eight years younger.

18. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

i can see this happening because i read on hoopshype rite after the suns were kocked out of the playoffs that they want to put amare to pf where he said he would feel more comforatable and marion back to sf were hes more comforatable, so moving jj or q for a center is the only real way to do this

19. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thedude9990:</div><div class="quote_post">i can see this happening because i read on hoopshype rite after the suns were kocked out of the playoffs that they want to put amare to pf where he said he would feel more comforatable and marion back to sf were hes more comforatable, so moving jj or q for a center is the only real way to do this</div>
    Kurt Thomas isn't really a center though. He's a nice defensive big man who will help them.

20. stkf

stkf BBW Member

Marbs Q Ariza (Craw for PF) Draft

or

Marbs Craw Q (Dunno) Draft