Russian Football

Discussion in 'Europe' started by M Two One, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Yeah, I think I've chosen my team.

2. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MainEvent @ Jun 20 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, I think I've chosen my team.</div>

Kazan or Loko?

3. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    Rubin Kazan!

Karadeniz!

4. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Nice, if you don't mind me asking though, what made you make your decision over Loko and any other possibilities?

5. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    Reasons:

1. You said they were a "breakthrough" team.
    2. I know Milosevic and he was at Aston Villa briefly. I think.
    3. I love their colours! Haha.
    4. Being in 1st was an extra added bonus.
    5. I'm not familiar with hardly any of their players, and I like to learn new things.

May of been more, but, meh.

6. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MainEvent @ Jun 20 2008, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Reasons:

1. You said they were a "breakthrough" team.
    2. I know Milosevic and he was at Aston Villa briefly. I think.
    3. I love their colours! Haha.
    4. Being in 1st was an extra added bonus.
    5. I'm not familiar with hardly any of their players, and I like to learn new things.

May of been more, but, meh.</div>

Whatever works for you man, enjoy following the club through the season and more to come.

7. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    They seem pretty pathetic reasons now that I read them. Oh well.

8. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MainEvent @ Jun 20 2008, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They seem pretty pathetic reasons now that I read them. Oh well.</div>

Nah man, no worries. I don't know if their site is in English though, but you can follow them through other sites I bet. You also know that if you want to get a jersey you have the option when Subside Sports gets them in.

I'm off to work! See you guys tomorrow.

9. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    Yeah, they have an English version. Alright thanks for that.

Later.

10. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

I've always liked Lokomotiv Moscow for some bizarre reason. Plus their home kit kicks ass.

11. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Ok guys I have some great news about the prospect of getting into Russian football as well as an update on the current standings alongside some details as per usual.

How can you get into Russian football if you can't even watch it? Well, people get into something by playing it in video games, don't they? That's right, a game with the Russian Premier League and lower leagues! Where can you get it? Just pick up any regular copy of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 for the PC and download this easy to install patch. You're ready to go!

Russian Super Patch 2008 Final

The cool thing is that it doesn't just come with the new teams and jerseys. It also comes with faces, balls and dozens of other goods created by different computer aces from the PES community.

Andrei Arshavin's in-game face!

[​IMG]

As for the 2008 Russian Premier League title race, here are the current standings:

[​IMG]

Rubin Kazan are still leading the title race, but Zenit are now closing in after a delayed opening half of the season due to European title matches back in April and May. Amkar Perm are probably the only surprise club right now because many had them ranked lower table. I can't complain because this creates more open competition to the bigger clubs. CSKA and Spartak Moscow are also closing in fast and will no doubt be title contenders down the stretch. CSKA have the top-ranked scorer in the league so far with 8 goals - Brazilian international Vágner Love. Saturn's Marko Topić is tied for first.

Turkish star Gökdeniz Karadeniz is the only player from Rubin ranked within the top ten scoring list with 6 goals to his name, tying him with star Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko. Rather new Loko signing Peter Odemwingie is in second place with 7 goals. The Nigerian international star is turning heads after being transfered out by Lille Métropole last season. Odemwingie's teammate Diniyar Bilyaletdinov is also tied for second. Despite the two players' success the club itself is having a rather dismal season sitting in ninth place. Perhaps the biggest disappointment though is FC Moscow sitting in twelfth. Just last season they finished fourth earning a UEFA Cup spot and only 9 points off league champions Zenit for the title.

With 11 matches left to go, Rubin will have to hang tough to attain their first ever Russian Premier League title. They have the talent and experience to do this, but Dynamo, CSKA, Spartak and even Zenit who are 11 points back will pose as serious threats. I honestly don't think Zenit Saint Petersburg care as much for the Russian domestic title as much as their Champions League contention. However, you never really know because if they don't win the Champions League, which is a daunting task, then they had better place inside the top three in the Premier League if they want another go next season!

12. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

Zenit St Petersburg just beat Man Utd :(

Deserved it on the night, but United could easily have got another goal in those last few minutes. I was impressed by Zenit.

13. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    After destroying Bayern München 4 : 0 last season and their continental record over the past two years I don't think this should be much of a surprise.

14. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

I think it is a surprise that they beat, and outplayed Man United. Zenit have good players, but they just aren't as good as a lot of the United players, but Utd just didn't perform.

15. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Zenit have a better overall team, not individuals. That's how Russian teams are - all team, no selfishness.

16. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    Every time Zenit were on the break, they had a half-chance. Beautiful build-up team.

17. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    I don't understand the notable players part.

18. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Players to keep an eye on. Obviously, better clubs have more players to watch.

19. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    Are they current? Or players that have left, but made a mark on football?

20. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    Russian football is insane, especially the fans (you don't wanna meet them when they're angry, I could start telling you about Russia as a country but I'd end-up talking about all the horror after Worldwar II etc so I'd finish next October problaby. Anyway, in Russia, training is HARD. Coaches are so fkin angry and they're yelling all the time, if somebody isn't good enough - they'll just tell him to fuck off and bring in some new guy who plays better and works harder. That's how it is in Russia, I just can't describe it in words. But I like St. Petersburg Zenit, especially after they destroyed Bayern Munich last year.
    Anyways, Russian football is good and yes, it's built on pure teamwork. (This post was piece of shit but who cares, right).