Ryan to Ottawa

Discussion in 'EAST: Atlantic Division' started by Disturbed, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Mikahail Grabvoski anyone? Barf

2. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Just bad.

3. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

Ryan is a 30 goal, 50 point guy at this point. The league caught on to him. Problem with Ryan is that he wants to be played like a 40-40 guy that can do it without help. He's greedy and overrated.

4. Disturbed

Software
    Well Ryan will want to get paid for sure and he has never been a huge assist guy but what he does is score goals and he scores them at even strength. Look at his goal scoring the past 3 years he pots 30 every year and he doesn't get a lot of PP time on that team and so most of them are ES. He is still a good scorer dump and would have been a very good fit

5. kingstealth

kingstealth Suspended

Ryan is going to do some damage.....great move on Ottawa, that is going to be fun to watch......oh boy

6. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    see what happens when he comes to the EC....dont think this move makes Ottawa that much better, shuffling the deck chairs a bit

7. dumpstralmannow

Like Silfverberg a lot better than Ryan. Plus they gave up a lot with him. To me, it's a dumb move for the Sens. Their PP will be better with Ryan but he's never been a great player at even strength. He's gotten better but he's still not a force on the ice to me.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  8. Disturbed

Software
    I disagree on Ryan at even strength Dump. Ryan was 6th on Ducks at PP ice time....most of his goals last couple years were even strength. I like Silverberg though Ott got good value back

9. dumpstralmannow

Ryan is not a guy at even strength when you watch games, you are constantly looking for him on the ice or get nervous when he has the puck. Malkin, Crosby, Kane, Kopitar, Ovie, Stamkos are players like that. Ryan is more of a garbage goal, need to be setup guy. Good to have but honestly, not really dangerous. Nash is a guy that you have to watch on the ice all the time. Shame that guy wasn't in the playoffs but I'll give him a pass because he basically has never been in the playoffs other than one season before this season.

10. Disturbed

Software
    Agree on Nash. But he gets no pass next year

11. dumpstralmannow

Nash basically got the Rangers to the playoffs with Hank. He dominated third periods. We have to remember that all these guys played with a coach who had a terrible offensive system.

12. Disturbed

Software
    Yeah true that. But we also got him to be that dominant playoff guy...and he will be

13. dumpstralmannow

He sucked in the playoffs. He had to be hurt. He was slipping all over the ice when he was skating. I think he basically refused to let people know he played hurt in the playoffs.

14. theProdigy223

During the playoffs Nash was on his azzzzzz almost the entire game, every game. Something had to be wrong with his legs, he's usually pretty strong on his skates. He'll never admit whether there was something wrong with him or not, but I really think there was. Can't be the elevated competition: was a force in the Olympics.

Let's see what he has crunch time next year. I'm confident he'll show up.

15. dumpstralmannow

I'd much rather have Kreider for cheat and see what AV can do with him than Ryan who has a big salary and is inconsistent.

16. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    I would hope that Sather would have at least made some kind of offer for Ryan. Del Zerro, Boyle a second and a lower prospect. Imagine the wings of ryan, kreider and nash.. oh well not happening

17. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ryan wouldn't have cost Kreider, and we could have had both. Prior to this half season had put 30+ gls in each of the last 4 seasons, plus he's big and shoots right handed. He would have been a great addition to the 2nd line behind Nash.

18. theProdigy223

Dump I can understand some of your criticisms of Ryan, but with 2 years left at 5.1M that is a GREAT salary for the 30+ scoring he would provide.

19. dumpstralmannow

To me a 30-25 guy which I believe Ryan is, is not a 5 million dollar player. Honestly, Callahan does everything better than Ryan other than a few points. Cally is about the same offensively now as Ryan.

If I'm paying a forward 5 million + I expect him to be a 60+ point guy with great intangibles capable creating offense by himself. Gabby scored 40 goals here twice so that made up for a few of his deficiencies. Richards was always a great intangible player.

Ryan is a bad clubhouse guy. He constantly is unhappy. He is always complaining. Usually about money or the team. He doesn't create his own offense. He's also very inconsistent. His intangibles stink. Pass. I'd rather go with Kreider.

20. theProdigy223

Well yeah I'd rather go with Kreider too but who said we had to choose between the two? We need 4 top 6 wingers, and right now even with Kreider there is a hole for a 4th. Nash, Callahan, Kreider, ?????. I'm definitely not saying Ryan is the best guy out there, but he was available and very obtainable.