S2 NFL-Forums Dynasty Keeper League Offseason Issues

Discussion in 'NFL-Forums Dynasty League' started by TheBeef, Aug 30, 2007.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Some ideas and suggestions have been brought to my attention this offseason, so I think the best thing, is to discuss them here and then vote on anything we want to adopt for next offseason.....I will list them off one by one....feel free to openly discuss and we will vote in a few weeks with a 66% percent majority(8 of 12)needed to pass any issue....feel free to add any issue as well:</p>

</p>

1. Reduction of the draft from 3 rounds to 2. Most teams passed on their 3rd round picks.</p>

2. Addition of an 18th roster spot to be used as Injured Reserved, and with a requirement that the player is on IR in real life and was on your team from the begining of the season. Once a player is on IR, be cant be removed until after the season and you cant IR another player. </p>

3. Conversion of the 3rd WR starting spot into a "Flex" spot that would allow you to start a player at any position.</p>

4. Scoring change to add 1 point per reception to all players.</p>

</p>

2. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

1. I'm not shooting for reducing the round of drafts since it varies depending on the draft class and though many passed the third round, it wouldn't have been the same if it was last year's draft class. I think we should keep it at 3 rounds and if some owners decide not to pick players during that round, they can always choose to pass but for those who decide to take players (like me obviously) they would be able to.</p>

</p>

2. I like the idea of an IR roster spot since we might need a replacement without risking the possibility of cutting them off the roster when they can come back next year.</p>

</p>

3. I'm not so high on the flex position since we already have lots of roster slots to have a decent amont of WR's but then again, some teams have better depth at WR than others and they would be at a disadvantage if their strength is at the RB position or whatever. I'm still on the fence with this one but I'll give it some thought.</p>

</p>

4. Yes for PPR. Whoever owns Reggie Bush, Antonio Gates, or Marvin Harrison should be cheering for that.</p>

3. TucsonClip

TucsonClip Thursday Night in Tucson = Upset

I say leave the draft as is. If people want to pass on thier picks that is their opinion, but some like to be able to pick up a guy like Kenny Irons for the future.

I think the IR would be a good move, because if a star player is hurt he can be placed on the IR without having to drop another player to possibly fill in for him.</p>

The flex position is not one of need, but I would support a change to a flex, just because it opens up more options, especially if a player is hurt.</p>

I will vote for 1 point per reception, because it puts more of an emphasis on the other positions and not who has Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer.</p>

</p>

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Good thoughts so far....Id like to get as much honest feedback as possible for a week or two, and then we can vote....

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I don't like the reception rule. It really makes the big play receivers worth not having. Then I'd rather take guys like Mike Furrey instead of say Roy Williams (example) which is ridiculous in my opinion. I just don't like the rule.</p>

I don't like the flex rule to much either but I supose if he we put it in next year I'd be able to prepare for it. I say eithe 3 Receivers or Two Recievers and a Flex. Although I prefer the 2 Receivers only.</p>

I think if you were to make the roster 18 then keep it at 3 rounds. If I had one more roster spot, I would've made a pick. Probably a Kicker that I had in mind or a Tight End but I didn't see the need in letting a player go for either player so I just passed. </p>

6. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I will begin setting up a vote on these issues next week....

7. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Some ideas and suggestions have been brought to my attention this offseason, so I think the best thing, is to discuss them here and then vote on anything we want to adopt for next offseason.....I will list them off one by one....feel free to openly discuss and we will vote in a few weeks with a 66% percent majority(8 of 12)needed to pass any issue....feel free to add any issue as well:</p>

</p>

1. Reduction of the draft from 3 rounds to 2. Most teams passed on their 3rd round picks.</p>

2. Addition of an 18th roster spot to be used as Injured Reserved, and with a requirement that the player is on IR in real life and was on your team from the begining of the season. Once a player is on IR, be cant be removed until after the season and you cant IR another player. </p>

3. Conversion of the 3rd WR starting spot into a "Flex" spot that would allow you to start a player at any position.</p>

4. Scoring change to add 1 point per reception to all players.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

1. I dont think we should reduce draft. Let teams pass. First pick of 3rd rd will have value to last place team most of the time i think.</p>

2. This is the only acceptable change. Add and IR spot. I would go as far as to say, allow teams to IR as many players on thier team as get IR in real life. i.e lets say all 3 of my backs get IRed. I am not going to cut them. I will just conisder season lost and start tanking since i am not going to sac future seasons for a season i lost 3 backs. It isnt an advantage. If your player is on IR, then you need the flexibility to add someone to keep competing, without sacrificing future and going into tank mode.</p>

3. This is horrible change. completely changes roster and setup of league. Making a major change like this in first 5 years of a keeper league is totally unfair. Anyone who sacrificed some talent to upgrade 3rd WR spot is screwed. I know i just did. Of course you did change scoring rules day of draft, so i guess that is theme for league. Make radical wholesale changes at last minute, and you either are one of the people to benefit or the rest of the league calls you a malcontent.</p>

4. More scoring changes already? if you are going to make a change like this, or #3, i think there should be a vote. Then, i think we should allow 5 years for rosters to adjust before rule goes into effect. </p>

</p>

8. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Ive had another suggestion that we should vote on, and we should vote on this one 1st....it is a mandatory waiting period for any new rules to be putin effect.....we will vote on a waiting times before the others, so that whatever we establish, can go into effect in the appropriate time frame....the vote will be for a 1 season, 2 season, 3 season or 4 season waiting period....no supermajority will be needed to pass this one because we have to establish something here....so majority will rule, and if theres a tie, will drop everything not involved in the tie and vote again

9. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ive had another suggestion that we should vote on, and we should vote on this one 1st....it is a mandatory waiting period for any new rules to be putin effect.....we will vote on a waiting times before the others, so that whatever we establish, can go into effect in the appropriate time frame....the vote will be for a 1 season, 2 season, 3 season or 4 season waiting period....no supermajority will be needed to pass this one because we have to establish something here....so majority will rule, and if theres a tie, will drop everything not involved in the tie and vote again</div>

Also. I think we should establish that all voting that after the draft, you are in this season. So a 1 season waiting from now, would actually not be next season, but the following season. In order for a rule to be put into effect, it should have 1 full season (draft included) in the time frame.</p>

10. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

I am anti flex, leave it the way it is, and we don;t need more emphasis on the RB position then there already is in FF.</p>

I think 1 point per reception is a bit much maybe like .25 per reception, just enough so that its a helping hand not a majority.</p>

I think theres nothing wrong with 3 rounds in the dynasty draft, if people pas they pass, you never know when that 3rd rounder becomes more then what everyone else thought.</p>

11. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

<font face="comic sans ms,sand" size="3" color="#ffff00" style="background-color: #ff0000">I can't really believe it, but I am agreeing with BF1. Farve must have brokered a deal for me to agree with him. I vote yes to IR and no top the other changes.</font>

12. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

We have 5 issues to vote on:</p>

1. The minimum waiting period for any rule changes to take effect. 1 year, 2 years, 3 years or 4 years (this will be voted on 1st so that it can be established before the other votes)</p>

</p>

2. The addition of an IR system to the current roster limits. Teams would have an unlimited number of Injured Reserve slots. Only players that were on your roster continuosly from the begining of the season and who are on Injured Reserve in real life would be eligible. A player on Injured Reserve must stay on Injured Reserve until the date of the Super Bowl, but must be released or returned to the active roster on or before the date of the Pro Bowl. </p>

</p>

3. A reduction of the draft from 3 rounds to 2 rounds. </p>

</p>

4. The conversion of the 3rd WR spot into a "Flex" position, which would allow teams to start a player of any position</p>

</p>

5. The addition of a point per reception for all players. </p>

</p>

I will begin the voting on number 1 very soon, and the rest will follow....</p>