Sad to see them go?

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Voodoo Child, May 17, 2003.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Although it has been rumored that Malone will come back, I will be very sad to see the duo go. They are two of the most underrated players of all time. What do you want a point gaurd to do? You want him to make assists and get steals. As long as a point gaurd does this then I don't care what his other numbers are because point gaurds don't need many other numbers. Stockton is the all-time leader in NBA steals and assists, so how is he not one of the best point gaurds of all-time? The guy amazes me the way he goes out there every night and plays every game for, what was it, 18 years? If true point gaurd was in the dictionary then Stockton's picture would be under it. Stockton and Malone are two of very few players that still play the game the way it should be played. And how can you not think that Karl Malone is great? Sure, he may not be all great as a person, but the man is second all-time in scoring. He was an NBA All First Teamer eleven straight times, and he was the MVP twice. You can't make a good arguement against these players without looking stupid. The game is heading into a new era full of baggy shorts (maybe a better change) and flashy play and I am wondering how the old-school Jazz will hold up. Who will be their best players once Malone and Stockton retire? Kirilinko and Harpring? They are good players, but can they do anything for this team? The Jazz look like a team that will be seeing some hard times pretty soon.

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

If they make the right moves, they could get in the playoff's next season.
    First good move, get Karl to come back(he can either get a ring or no ring but all time points record and you know what he'd take, the points of course). Second good move, get andre Miller, not a bad move replacing Stockton with Miller(roughly same stats but Utah get a whole lot younger and Miller will play better away from the Clips). Third good move, release John Amaechi and draft that 7 foot 4 300 pound Russian or Nick Collison.4th good move give Deshawn and AK47 more minutes.
    Good article on Malone/Stockton by the way.

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

i think they should go after brand and miller to fill the spots of malone and stockton

4. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

i think with kiralenko and co coming up the jazz will still have enough to make the playoffs

5. uj4l

uj4l JBB JustBBall Member

harpring and kirilenko should make the team better, but what ever happened to raul lopez

6. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "uj4l":</div><div class="quote_post">harpring and kirilenko should make the team better, but what ever happened to raul lopez</div>

He got injured and was out for the season like Curtis Borchardt. They'll both be back next season however it'd been better if Stock could of taught Raul a thing or two in his Rookie Season.

7. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

we are seriously looking at the worst team by far in the L next season...........utah are going to the playoffs ,ill by the tickets and they can come with me

8. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

Looking at the worst team in the league??????????

You have got to be kidding me.

If Malone leaves too, that free up major money to sign good free agents.
    Plus they have got Andrei and Matt.

Think things through before you post please.

9. cross yo ova

ye but what free agents are you looking at? not much available that are going to want to go to utah anyway,the only thing matt is good for is that he is mr.average and andrei misses dunks

10. BallerAK47

Andrei misses dunks??

How often does he do that???????

And Andrei is an absolutely awesome defender.

Plus, it didn't seem like Harp was just average last year.

Trust me, the Jazz will get good free agents.

11. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

i doubt the jazz will make playoffs, they won't be the worst team in the league, but i don't think that they will be very good. they will max out andre miller and he will play with kirilenko(i like him a lot, very good defender) and harpring, they aren't my idea of a good trio. they are all average(other than dre) i hope i'm wrong, but i don't think that they will be very good.

12. cross yo ova

LISTEN HERE EVERYONE THE JAZZ ARNT GOING NOWHERE,THRUST ME,LIKE I WAS WATCHING TV SHOWS BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS AND IF YA HEAR WHAT THERE SAYING,THEY WERE FOR SURE THAT NJ WOULDNT WIN THE EAST AND ALL THIS BUT I NEW THEY WOULD,THERE JUST TRING TO PUT THERE OWN VIEWS IN BECAUSE OF HOW THE TEAM IS PLAYING BUT INEW THEN THAT THE NETS WERE COMING OUT ON TOP,ALL THIS ABOUT WHART PLAYAS THEY HAVE ITS ALL ****

13. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Jazz will rebuild...and not make the playoffs again for a while...

14. BallerAK47

I never said the Jazz will make the playoffs.
    I just said that they will not be terrible.

There is no certainty that the Jazz will sign Andre Miller, so throw that Miller, Harp, AK trio out the window.

Yes, it will take a while before the Jazz make the playoffs again, but to say they will be one of the worst teams in the league is just assanine.

THINK PEOPLE THINK

To add: If Karl moves on that will free up 18 million. They could do alot with that as well as with Stock's salary.

15. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson:
    "From where I sat Saturday, and from what I know about Malone, I say he stays. Virtually no other team can or will pay him more than the mid-level exception (about $4.75 million). The Jazz are willing to pay him more -- not a lot more -- than that."