Sam Hinkie: The anti-Olshey

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, May 2, 2018.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
  2. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    What the fuck are you even talking about? For someone who claims everyone else has some sort of agenda you very rarely can engage in an actual discussion about basketball.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2018
  3. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

I believe they DID flip MCW for a lotto pick. The vaunted lakers pick if I remember correctly.

4. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    So you see no contradiction between

and

5. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    All this, just because I talked about Olshey and you tried to turn me to talk about Morey, who's not even in the thread title.

Nikolokolus likes this.
  6. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I asked you if Morey was a good GM. You responded that you didn't like the way he acts but that doesn't answer the question. Every subsequent response was about Olshey when I was asking your opinion on Morey. I really don't understand why that is so fucking hard for you to comprehend and answer.

7. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I was simply asking your opinion on Morey as a GM, why the fuck do you have to turn it into something this isn't?

8. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Maybe you, but I've never taken a psychiatric medicine in my life. I've worked a little in the field, and you wouldn't call smart people crazy if you knew what truly crazy people are like.

9. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    The philosophy would have to be altered but Hinkie's approach is what's needed. Neil's moves have entrenched this team in purgatory for at least the next 2-3 years.

Sam's objective is to build a power, not a nice little team that'll be a thorn in the side of powers/contenders of the West. He wants to be a power - not just 'good enough.'

Nikolokolus likes this.
  10. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    And I answered a couple of times, and you kept repeating that I hadn't answered. After losing that encounter, you now resort to playing victim.

Hobbesarable likes this.
  11. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    No, your answers were about the type of person he is and then turned into Olshey bashing. The only true answer I got was your stupid post about how you thought the conversation went.

12. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Every post you make, makes you sound exactly the same as Olshey. You constantly feel the need to try to tell people how smart you are. You think everyone else is beneath you. You never actually bring facts to the table, just incoherent bloviating.
    You can't give a straight answer, you just talk around the issue. A couple days ago you said, "Olshey doesn't make any trade-deadline deals", Which I mentioned three trade-deadline deals he made, You then tried to come at me because I don't hate NO enough, which made me laugh so I'll give you that.
    You're really ignorant if you think he hasn't done anything. He's done some good, some bad. I'm on the record saying that I'm ready to be done with NO, I don't buy his "plan".

I know exactly what crazy people are like, I volunteer with groups that work with severe mental disabilities, I had a brother with Downs. Also if your posts on here are anything to judge by your not as smart as you think you are (also sounds like Neil...).

hoopsjock likes this.
  13. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Question: Why does Hinkie have to be the one who leads a complete tear down? Wouldn't you want an astute talent evaluator and a cap guru?

14. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Wrong. You gave 3 examples covering his 6 or 8 years here (it feels like 80, I lost count). I noted that he lost badly in 2 of the 3 trades you listed (Batum and Barton), and that if 1 good deal was all you could find (Nurkic), then that proved my point that he is basically tradeless in his many years here. I gave a good solid answer.

15. JoshuaHall

JoshuaHall Well-Known Member

You have an interesting definition of success if you think Philadelphia ‘succeeded’. They’ve won, literally, nothing. They’re also down 0-2 to a team that is missing its best players.

It’s equivalent to the Pelicans cheering like they just won the championship after beating us in the first round then exclaiming, ‘we don’t need Demarcus!’

16. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    But that is literally not tradeless, you can argue if they were good or bad moves but that wasn’t the arguemeant. Also it was Vonleh now Batum. You really have no answers. Now it’s basically tradeless because you’re a moving target. I don’t really like NO, so I’m not going to sit here and defend all he’s done, but every GM in the league has been and will always be hit and miss, all of them have decided to stand pat at trade deadline time at one point or another. Just as annoying as a lack of moves are a plethora of bad moves, remember Bob whittsit.

hoopsjock likes this.
  17. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    There is no moving target. We need a guy running the show who DOES something. Olshey lets the cake bake, instead of continuously trying to improve our roster. The years go by. He cites a few additional wins each season. But those don't happen because of effort from him. They happen because the stagnant roster knows each other better. If he would input a winning trade each season (not the losing ones you praise, and so few) it would accelerate our gains in wins.

Can you honestly say that if we had had no GM during the Olshey years, our trades would have been worse? I mean, the Scouting Director would have at least made all of one good trade like Olshey did. HCP would have done the same, relying upon his staff for advice, or better, this board. Olshey may be the worst GM in terms of trades per year in history. Paul Allen should sue him, and Denny should have this board join the case.

18. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    How in the world would I know what our roster would look like if we had a different GM the last few years, or no GM. Would it be better, or worse.... or what trades would be made. I have no idea and neither do you.
    I don’t buy into NO at this point and I’m ready to see a new GM, but at the same time NO has drafted Dame and CJ, Aminu is on a good, contract, trading for Nurkic was an upgrade, Harkless’ contract is fair.

19. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

I agree 100%... Olshey only makes minor deals... he is a coward IMO... does just enough to keep his job, but scared to take a risk to possible greatness... every year he says you can’t make a trade just to make a trade... the problem is he has been saying it for 6+ years... at some point if the deal still hasn’t been made maybe it’s the GM. This team is going nowhere fast as constructed... meaning the Dame/CJ combo

20. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    I mean, I'm patient. I even go away for 2 days to let something happen. But when I return, HE'S STILL THERE!!

And HE STILL HASN'T MADE ANY TRADES!!

WHY do we pay this guy, year after year? I could USE the money!

Nikolokolus likes this.