San Antonio @ Houston (T-Mac 13 points in 35 seconds)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by drm2dnk, Dec 9, 2004.

1. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

This will be an exciting game where we will lose and be TD'd and Ginobully'd if everything goes as expected head2head. But nothing beats yesterday's excitement when Nash and qRIch put that dagger to the lakers. [​IMG] I will be watching tonight's game so I'll give a recap if we don't get thrashed.

2. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

The Spurs have an advantage at almost every position as well as the bench, it would be an achievement just to stay in a close game with these guys. The strategy for this game would be to use McGrady effectively and often since he's are only advantage. Yao will be heavily guarded by the likes of Duncan, Nesterovic, or Rose so there will be no way he can dominate tonight unless he suddenly gets hot. Sura must play a part in this game to guard Parker effectively and to try to shut down his scoring while McGrady has to conserve his energy when guarding Ginobli. Duncan is impossible to guard period but Howard and Taylor must at least make an effort to get a hand in his face. However, we just aren't a solid enough team to beat the Spurs right now, so my prediction is 97-88.

3. Devilz

Devilz JBB JustBBall Member

Spurs was destroyed by Sonics yesterday and I think they are going to rebound against the inconsistent Rockets. I think the Spurs definately want this win after their bitter defeat against the Sonics at home.

I predict Spurs will win the game by 8.

4. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Sorry guys, for not doing the preview today.. An emergency came up. I'll come back with the full preview and analysis later. I am using a lap-top that doesn't belong to me, so I must get going. Sorry again.

-maG

5. dizzile4rizzle

dizzile4rizzle JBB JustBBall Member

is this game going to be on channel 51 in houston?

6. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dizzile4rizzle:</div><div class="quote_post">is this game going to be on channel 51 in houston?</div>

Not sure, but it's on TNT.

7. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Houston's perimeter defense will be key. The Spurs have excellent spot up three point shooters in Parker, Ginobili, Barry and Bowen, and they will look to shoot off passes from Duncan and Nesterovic. We will also have to be careful while doubling Duncan because the player left open will be a threat to sink the three. If the Spurs have a bad shooting night from the perimeter, we have an outside chance.

8. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

The Rockets have gotten their shots blocked 4 times and have had two shot clock violations in only the first 5 minutes of this game. We're going to get murdered.

Why Reece Gaines, JVG? He's completely inept on offense. The Rockets had a 3 on 1 fastbreak, and McGrady passes to Gaines who then proceeds to dribble AWAY from the basket and turn the ball over. WTF!?

It's tough to say if both teams are playing great defense, or juts pitiful offense. The Rockets went on a little run when Tim Duncan (and Yao) left the game. IMO, Van Gundy shouldn't hesitate to play Dikembo more than Yao if he proves to be more effective. The Spurs post defense is so good, that I think Yao might be fairly ineffective in this game and the Rockets will only waste precious shot clock seconds trying to get him the ball. Dikembe offers solid defense and rebounding, and even at his age is quicker to loose balls than Yao.

Oh, and we should play Padgett more minutes than Mo Taylor or Reece Gaines. He's better than both of them.

Mo Taylor gives up two baskets to Tim Duncan. Reece Gaines turns to ball over two more times. All in the opening minutes of the second quarter. Am I right or am I right? JVG needs to bury these two at the end of the bench and play Scott Padget more minutes. It's so obvious, and yet he doesn't do it.

Barret's played great. Mo Taylor is killing us with those missed jumpers, but he did make a nice strip on Duncan.

Barret had a beautiful penetration and dish to Yao. This guy actually makes other people on the floor better! He impresses more and more every game. On the behalf of all Rockets fans, thank you Ward and Lue for getting yourselves injured!

Duncan's murdering us in the third quarter, but we're somehow hanging in there.

Mo Taylor comes in the game, and wastes away a possession with one of those stupid fade-away jumpers. That's such a terrible shot, and he always shoots it. He's shoots like 25% on that shot, and every time he misses it its like a turnover. Why does Van Gundy insist on running offensive plays for Mo Taylor? Argghh!

One quarter to go, and the Rockets are down by two. Much better than I expected, but this is where the Rockets really need to prove how good they are. I get the feeling that the Spurs have been coasting the first 3 quarters, and you know they'll turn it on in the fourth. Will Houston respond?

So far in the fourth, Mo Taylor continues to suck, and McGrady hit two shots but then got injured somehow and has gone to the locker room. Hopefully its not serious, and he'll be able to finish the game.

Mo Taylor SUCKS! He can't hit a shot, he doesn't rebound, and he fouls. What the hell is wrong with JVG, keeping him in the game?

JVG finally came to his senses and put Padgett and Barret into the game. But we've made some bad turnovers and the Spurs are hitting their shots. It's going to be tough to win at this point, down 9 with only a few minutes left.

OH MY GOD!!!!! That was the most miraculous thing I've ever seen in an NBA game!!!! I'm shaking right now!

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

So far we had the lead but just surrendered it with Devin Brown from the Spurs getting hot. McGrady hasn't been putting up much in the third quarter and it seems like the Rockets are slowing down with the score 55-52 Spurs. Yao has been doing a nice job, but still is having trouble with turnovers and defensive pressure. Barrett has been pretty nice this game with some assists and agressive points. Lets see if we can hold on to this.

10. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

WOW McGrady is friggin clutch! That was like 4 3s in less than a minute!

11. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

INCREDIBLE, I think that is the first time I have seen Tmac be clutch..that was crazy 13 points in 33 seconds I believe. I am in awe, that was crazy San Antonio just crumbled....

12. Streetball2k5

Streetball2k5 JBB JustBBall Member

Rockets win!!! 81-80!!!

13. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Holy <strike>shit</strike>!! OMG, I couldn't believe T-mac juss hit those 2 three pointers. Man, that was awesome.

<font size="-2"><font color="red">Use a better descriptive next time. [​IMG]</font></font>

14. KleinBaller08

KleinBaller08 JBB JustBBall Member

15. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

Muahahah! What a clutch shooting display! How do you stop that?!? T-Mac showing how to get the job done!

16. Flava23

Flava23 JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG] @ T-Mac makin dat shot

[​IMG] at the face Popovich gave Mac

17. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

HOLY $^$&$%**^$&^#$&%^%)(&^%(*&)*&)(^&%#%$@%#@#%$%^*yi$#%#^&*^(*&%$^#^&....

18. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

OH MY GOD, that was definitely the game of the year. T-Mac is so incredibly clutch, 13 points in only 45 seconds, including the game winner. Absolutely amazing, i'm speechless right now, T-Mac is just so spectacular.

Shame on all the fans that left early, lol. Hopefully the Rockets will get on a roll and build on this dramatic win, I really want to see them do well, they're the only team in the west that i'm rooting for.

19. SupermanRT

SupermanRT JBB JustBBall Member

That was clutch. Houston needed that win very badly to help the character of our team grow. Wow, I'm still in awe of the performance T-Mac just had.

20. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

Dang, i shouldnt have given up, i turned it off wnen we were trailing by like 10 and then went to look at the box score after a few minutes and i was like *****. that was just crazy