San Antonio @ Houston (T-Mac 13 points in 35 seconds)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by drm2dnk, Dec 9, 2004.

1. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

someone must immediately post the video of that 35 second stretch [​IMG] that was crazy

2. fromdowntown

fromdowntown JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sniper:</div><div class="quote_post">fromdowntown,

take solice in the fact that your team will be playing in late June.</div>

I shall try. But, hyperbole not intended, McGrady's shot tonight killed me a lot more than Fisher's playoff ender. That probably doesn't make sense, and maybe I'm just in a bad mood. Really disappointed tonight, though I think I would be even if the Rockets came back without the spectacular show by McGrady. I don't want to have to get used to being a Spurs critic instead of their praising enthusiast.

3. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

4. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

If you want to see the highlights of the game, go to the Rockets forum.

Also, did anyone capture the whole game or maybe just the 4th quarter of this game? I'd like to see the whole thing....

5. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

You can also watch the four shots on NBA.com. It includes the Marv Albert play by play.

6. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Seriously. If anyone finds a torrent link or something, please post it.

7. Ancientmtk

Ancientmtk JBB JustBBall Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/motion...on_NBA_LHN_Text

What a great 1 min for mcgrady. I' admit its awesome, but rockets wont get anywhere if it continues to be down by 5-10 in the last min. I dont see mcgrady being clutch in a lot of times. This one he's lucky because he usually miss the 3s

8. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

HAHAHA can you believe it? And I thought yesterday's game was exciting...whoaaaaaaaaa..qRich and Nash playing through fatigue back2back games and beating the well-rested lakers..wow that was popcorn compared to four back2back 3's +a 4 pt play = WINNER in only 35 seconds..that's like impossible in many players vocabulary..but we have Tmac..can this record be broken..

9. Einitials

Einitials JBB JustBBall Member

WOW! That was amazing. Three-Mac just proved that he was better than the whole Spurs Line-up in the last 35 seconds of the game. Not only did he make four threes in a row, but those threes were tightly contested by a different Spur player/players each time. The first three was created by a pick that switched Malik Rose on Tmac. Knowing that Malik Rose is no match for 3mac, he decided to make a 30 footer. The second three, which was my personal favorite, was on Tim Duncan. Not only did Tmac make the shot off balance but he was able to draw the foul as well. The third three pointer was too easy. Tmac just elevated over
    Bowen as he proceeded to hit another three. Then on the last play of the game, Tmac stole the ball from Brown, dribbled down the court and shot the game winning three on Barry and Parker.

So to recap the whole game, Tmac made fools out of Duncan,Rose, Barry,Parker, Bowen and Brown. [​IMG]

10. purpleb0n9

Hopefully, this game will be a valuable experience for T-Mac and a turning point for him to be a "clutch player in crunch" from essentially "a bust in crunch". Since he emerged in his fourth year, I've always thought that nobody, including Kobe, can beat T-Mac's combination of skill and upside. But he's taken a back seat to Kobe because he had been lacking the killer instinct, the clutch in crunch, no heart, he's just not a winner. Many instances, such as last year's All Star Game in LA, after draining a tough three pointer over Garnett, and making that beautiful left-handed lay in... he sort of didn't know what to do with the ball when the possession trully mattered. Well, this game proved that he has heart, he wants the ball in his hands with the game on the line, T-Mac is turning into a winner and the rest of the L better take notice.

11. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

actually purpleb0n9, it turns out he does better in the clutch rather than in 3.5 quarters of play. He was missing a bit more than half his shots before he went on that hot streak.

12. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting purpleb0n9:</div><div class="quote_post">Hopefully, this game will be a valuable experience for T-Mac and a turning point for him to be a "clutch player in crunch" from essentially "a bust in crunch". Since he emerged in his fourth year, I've always thought that nobody, including Kobe, can beat T-Mac's combination of skill and upside. But he's taken a back seat to Kobe because he had been lacking the killer instinct, the clutch in crunch, no heart, he's just not a winner. Many instances, such as last year's All Star Game in LA, after draining a tough three pointer over Garnett, and making that beautiful left-handed lay in... he sort of didn't know what to do with the ball when the possession trully mattered. Well, this game proved that he has heart, he wants the ball in his hands with the game on the line, T-Mac is turning into a winner and the rest of the L better take notice.</div>

He hit the game winner against Philly on Saturady. He almost single-handedly got us into overtime against Dallas the game before with some clutch plays when he scored 48 (albeit, he missed a free-throw that could have gotten us the lead). Earlier in the year against the Clippers, he hit two free throws at the end of regulation to take us to overtime, and we won that game. Tracy's been by far our most clutch player all year, even excluding the San Antonio game.

13. purpleb0n9

^ To Miami's Finest like I said this game is the turning point of his career (well, hopefully)... but if you check his previous history (that is, excluding this game), he usually came up short when it really mattered. I'm hoping this game put the dagger in his game.

14. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Ummmm, how the hell did that happen? Not quite "Miller Time" yet [​IMG] , but close.

15. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting purpleb0n9:</div><div class="quote_post">^ To Miami's Finest like I said this game is the turning point of his career (well, hopefully)... but if you check his previous history (that is, excluding this game), he usually came up short when it really mattered. I'm hoping this game put the dagger in his game.</div>

I haven't followed his career closely until this season, and this year he's been clutch so far.

16. Big Zee

Big Zee JBB JustBBall Member

Bowen is not the culprit, but what a dumb foul by Duncan.

17. Sniper

Sniper JBB Long Range Assassin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">Not quite "Miller Time" yet [​IMG] , but close.</div>

How do you figure?

Tracy didn't have to push someone in the back to get any of his shots :-o

18. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

LOL @ that last comment....Wow what a game, I didn't see it, because I don't have cable, but my dad was listening on the radio and I walked into the room and the rockets were like down by 3 with 24 secs left, so I figured they were gonna loose and so did my dad so he turned off the radio.....then all of sudden I'm watching the highlights from the game on the news and I saw that miracle that happened.....I went running down the hall to wake up my dad and he couldn't believe it.........wow tmac is the man right now......and yes he has been the man so far this year (portland,clippers,76ers,spurs,mavs).....give em the damn ball!!!

19. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

This is reminiscent of the Colts being down by, like, 24 to the Bucs in the 4th and coming back. You would think that a top defensive team would not give a game away (usually because a top defensive team is not also a top offensive team for one reason).

20. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

Tracy McGrady, what more can you say? Tremendous game especially when it counts. I was stunned at McGrady's performance during those crucial moments. First, he hit his patent pull up 3Pt jay over Brown. Secondly, he fooled the Big Fundamental, and made another 3Pt shot with ease while getting fouled. Next, he hit the most difficult shot with Bruce Bowen all over him (the Spurs were lucky that the refs didn't call a foul because it could have easily been called). And lastly, he hit that dagger. As soon as the ball came loose in Brown hands, and it ended up in McGrady hands I knew the game was over. It was going to end with either a jumpshot or a nice hard dunk to the rim. Well either way, McGrady came up BIG and there is nothing more you can say.

This is what the NBA is all about. The Rockets severely struggled, but when they came up with that win that big win over Philly ( [​IMG] ) and then New Orleans, this win made it official that the Rockers are out the "slump". After this win, the Rockets can now start playing up to their expectations, will probably not yet, but after this the Rockets will now without a doubt start winning more games. This win was meant to be, and now that the game is over and they're now only 2 games under .500, things will start turning out for the better.