San Antonio @ Houston (T-Mac 13 points in 35 seconds)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by drm2dnk, Dec 9, 2004.

1. TheAnswerIsAi3

TheAnswerIsAi3 BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting drm2dnk:</div><div class="quote_post">HAHAHA can you believe it? And I thought yesterday's game was exciting...whoaaaaaaaaa..qRich and Nash playing through fatigue back2back games and beating the well-rested lakers..wow that was popcorn compared to four back2back 3's +a 4 pt play = WINNER in only 35 seconds..that's like impossible in many players vocabulary..but we have Tmac..can this record be broken..</div>

His game might have been impressive but stop making a big deal about it. Wow...a game winner! Thats not something really that special. Theres been about a million of them in the NBA. Oh and by the way...when you say "Kobe who" in your sig....I think you need to refer back to the playerfiles of both Kobe and Mcgrady and see who has the better record and better stats...ha.

2. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">His game might have been impressive but stop making a big deal about it. Wow...a game winner! Thats not something really that special. Theres been about a million of them in the NBA.</div>

Classic hater.

I bet if that was AI or Kobe you'd be all over their nuts [​IMG]

3. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Guys, let's keep it cool here. The game was great. We won. McGrady did the near impossible. But this isn't a thread about 'who is a bigger clutch player, McGrady, AI, or Kobe?' It was a good string of threes, hell it was an impossible string of threes. <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think you need to refer back to the playerfiles of both Kobe and Mcgrady and see who has the better record and better stats...</div>What stats do you mean? McGrady wanted what Kobe didn't. He's outscored him in the past 2 years, and playoff wise, he didn't have a Shaq, a Karla -- i mean Karl, or a Gary Payton. If you guys want clutch .. I would still say that Reggie Miller is still more clutch than all of them. Michael Jordan is clutch too, but I think Reggie always come to the show late in the fourth. Just my 2 cents.

4. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SupraJames:</div><div class="quote_post">Classic hater.

I bet if that was AI or Kobe you'd be all over their nuts [​IMG]</div>
    I think the whole idea of his post was to ask why the Lakers and/or Kobe Bryant is relevant to McGrady's incredible last minute comeback.

drm2dnk has a habit of taunting the Laker fans in their own forum...so when things like this are brought up (no matter where it is), then you can expect others to post about it.

I think McGrady's performance was great. I've got it on tape, actually. However, there's no reason to post trash about other players. Before we get too ahead of ourselves, let's wait until the Rockets get above .500 and McGrady does a little better throughout the entire game. I'm not happy with Kobe's performances sometimes, and sometimes I'm really excited...but I don't involve other players when he does great.

5. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

Kobe and maybe miller are the only people i can think of who can do what tmac did. The last time i remember anything clutch like this was those 8 points that reggie miller had in like 8 seconds back in i think 95 conf finals

6. shoeaddict

shoeaddict JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">His game might have been impressive but stop making a big deal about it. Wow...a game winner! Thats not something really that special. </div>

Maybe you didnt watch the game? It was more then a game winner.

7. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

Great game with a great finish. The Rockets are showing signs of being able to play with the elite teams.

8. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the whole idea of his post was to ask why the Lakers and/or Kobe Bryant is relevant to McGrady's incredible last minute comeback.

drm2dnk has a habit of taunting the Laker fans in their own forum...so when things like this are brought up (no matter where it is), then you can expect others to post about it.

I think McGrady's performance was great. I've got it on tape, actually. However, there's no reason to post trash about other players. Before we get too ahead of ourselves, let's wait until the Rockets get above .500 and McGrady does a little better throughout the entire game. I'm not happy with Kobe's performances sometimes, and sometimes I'm really excited...but I don't involve other players when he does great.</div>

Wrong, only half of his post was meant to ask why the Lakers was brought up in the other guy's post. Notice how TheAnswerIsAi3 taunted Tracy's effort in the first half. Please, no need for you trying to defend another kobe-lover.

I don't care what drm2dnk does in the other forum as long as it doesn't affect me, my team, nor my team's forum. I appreciate you trying to explain this though.

This thread is about McGrady's incredible last minute comeback. So why did you bring up about how you feel about Kobe in this thread?

9. Sniper

Sniper JBB Long Range Assassin

Just a few things to clear up.

It was not a game winner. It was a string of 4 three's, one of which was a FOUR POINT PLAY. A four point play in itself is extremely rare. Simply put, this has never happened before. Not this many points, not in this little time, not in this type of situation, and certainly not DESPITE the other team hitting every free throw on the other end.

That said, however, I'm not ready to say the Rockets are obviously turning the corner on their slow start. If not for the best clutch performance I've ever seen (and yes I saw Reggie's against the Knicks), then this would be another loss and they would be 8-12, looking at a very possible loss to Dallas on Saturday (8-13). We did, however, play toe-to-toe with a full strength Spurs squad without our team captain, backbone, and best outside threat, Jim Jackson.

They are certainly showing improvement, albeit moderate in my opinion, but improvement in any amount is always welcome.

So yeah, McGrady's performance (that last minute alone) was nothing short of pure insanity, but outside of that the Rockets aren't exactly getting better by leaps and bounds. Still plenty of time though...hopefully Jimmy will be back and we can continue the momentum into and through Saturday, which will propel us into an extremely soft schedule over the next 2 weeks.

It's conceivable, though not likely, that they could add 6 more games to this 3 game win streak and pull their record to 15-11 by Christmas.

10. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">His game might have been impressive but stop making a big deal about it. Wow...a game winner! Thats not something really that special. Theres been about a million of them in the NBA. Oh and by the way...when you say "Kobe who" in your sig....I think you need to refer back to the playerfiles of both Kobe and Mcgrady and see who has the better record and better stats...ha.</div>

Dude, cut the hate. I am a big Kobe fan, but Kobe still hasnt had a clutch moment that clutch. 13 points in 35 seconds? THat is just crazy. Only Miller has done that too. I dislike Tmac a lot, but it was just amazing what he did last night.

11. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah I agree with you 8 ball..if you're a true NBA fan, regardless of who you support or dislike, you gotta love what Tmac did last night. I'm not a one team one player supporter who defends his player in every aspect possible and diss others who you or ur favorite player has a conflict with. That's not a true nba supporter..that's more like stan's perversions of eminem; hating everything in em's way..and loving everything abt him. IT's just an example..I'm sure none of you go that far as to stalking your favorite player...lol. I just see it how it is..if you do bad, you do bad, and vice versa regardless the player or team. Peace

12. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

Why are there so many haters? I took my T-Mac Jersey to school today and all these haters saying things like:

It Was Only 1 Game Big Deal.
    13 Points isnt that much.
    McGrady got lucky.

I think alot of people from my school were disappointed that the rockets gave up francis and mobley. Saying things like Francis is better than T-Mac. And now that T-Mac did some francis cant do (not saying francis isnt clutch) theyre too scared too admit that the rockets got a good deal out of the trade. My school also has Kobe fans that cant seem to accept the fact that someone is as good as Kobe.

I dont know why but there arnt that many rockets fans in my school. But T-Mac or no T-Mac, i'll always defend my rockets.

13. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">I haven't followed his career closely until this season, and this year he's been clutch so far.</div>

Yeah, I kind of forgot about the game-winner he made against the Sixers... I meant to say exluding his <u>Houston career</u> [​IMG] , not only this game... what game-winner he made can you remember when he still wore the Magic or Raptor jersey? I still remember two seasons ago when the Magic visited the Lakers (and this is not to big up Kobe), the Magic led by 13 sth entering the 4th until Kobe put the clamp on him, bumping him, playing physical, and T-Mac wasn't a factor in that quarter as the Lakers rallied to win the game.

But I agree with you that he's becoming a clutch player this season. Well, I hope he keeps up good work, the more superstars in this L, the better [​IMG]

14. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

Wow, that was just amazing. I have to give up big props to Tmac on that. And just to make sure you all know, I hate Tracy Mcgrady. But I have a lot of respect for his game and he proves he's at the top of the NBA with what he did yesterday. Regardless, it was only one game but hey, for that one game, not only was he being something he usually isnt (clutch), he also WON the game. Good to see the Rockets are slowly rebounding, Yao needs to step it up more consistently because if Tracy has gained his swagger back and Yao is playing great then this team will be tough to beat.

15. jbbReal Deal

SupraJames, TheAnswerIsAi3 doesn't like Kobe Bryant. I know this because he's my brother. However, my entire purpose for posting in this thread was to praise McGrady for what he did (in which I did) and to stop the thread from continuing discussions about Kobe Bryant.

Kobe has absolutely NOTHING to do with what happened...and neither does the Lakers. So...if you go through the posts, you'll notice that my brother wasn't the first to bring up Bryant, and neither was I.

I'm the Lakers Team Leader...and my job is to keep discussions on topic (in the Lakers forum, but I'm trying to help out Trip so he doesn't have to bother with it), and keep threads from player debates (unless that's the original topic). I really believe Trip would agree...that Kobe or the Lakers should be kept out of this thread...and that's all I was saying.

McGrady did great, wonderful...awesome...but it has nothing to do with how much better or worse he is than any other player. Simple as that.

Back to topic.

16. KG-MVP

KG-MVP JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">His game might have been impressive but stop making a big deal about it. Wow...a game winner! Thats not something really that special. Theres been about a million of them in the NBA. Oh and by the way...when you say "Kobe who" in your sig....I think you need to refer back to the playerfiles of both Kobe and Mcgrady and see who has the better record and better stats...ha.</div>

Only a game winner? <font color="Red"><strike>You either havent seen it or an idiot and pissed that yur little Allen Iverson cant dream of doing this kind of stuff.</strike></font>
    <font size="1"><font color="Red"><font size="1">
    There was absolutely no need for name calling or personal attacks. If this is the sort of behavior you deem as copacetic then please re-read our guidelines before posting again. ~Dre
    </font></font></font>
    This is probably the best clutch performance of all-time. Yes, I have seen the best of Reggie Miller, and I have seen Isiah Thomas, but 13 points in 30 seconds? Unbelievable. Every single shot was contested and taken off-balance in the air.
    Whoever says Bowen wasn't playing D is damn stupid. Bowen got on him every time. He should have put his hands up? Uh, do you play basketball? There's no way he could of, because for one, he was risking fouling, and second, each time T-Mac went for the shot he was way up in the air and was flying.
    The only time the Rockets got remotely lucky in that stretch was when the Spurs player tripped on the last play (No idea in hell why they didn't hold on to it...) but the best part was when T-Mac picked it up, hauled ass down the court with like 5 seconds left and drained it on 3 guys.

Great moment in NBA history. Glad is stayed awake through that boring game... I remember thinking that this is one of the most boring games i've seen all season, now it's the best. Props to T-Mac [​IMG]

17. jbbReal Deal

Uh...back on topic, please??? [​IMG]

<font size="1"><font color="Red">Realdeal is right get back on topic guys & chill with the personal attacks back & forth, you have been around awhile and know that is against guidlines. thanks- Henacy </font> </font>

18. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

damn this thread's gotten out of control, can we all as fans of basketball just appreciate what tmac did the other night

19. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Anyone who watched that game knows that what T-Mac did was more than simply a "game-winner." To say that's all it was is insulting to any Rockets fan who watched it live. Without hyperbole, that was the probably the greatest finish to a regular season game in the history of the Rockets franchise. It's not just a win. It's a win that people will be talking about for years to come.

20. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

<u><font color="DarkRed">Warning: </font></u>

Folks, we need to clean up the language and descriptors used in this thread or it's going to be closed. This juvenile stuff is not going to be tolerated. This is not ESPN boards and this site has rules for posting INTELLIGENTLY.

If you aren't familiar with those rules, please re-read the site guidelines.

Thanks,
    hagrid