San Antonio Spurs 77 @ Detroit Pistons 85

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by PyroManiac, Jan 18, 2004.

1. BigMemo

BigMemo JBB JustBBall Member

Lucky number 13! If you watch games for an offensive show, you'd hate that game. It was exciting, though, with great defense you would expect from both coaches. I loved it. Ben Wallace did an excellent job of shutting down Duncan in the second half. He showed us why he's the defensive player of the year. Last time they won this many they won the national championship... [​IMG]

I would have loved to see that game. Wasn't someone who posts here at the game...? [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PyroManiac:</div><div class="quote_post">Oh, and BigMemo you can update your signature now, Pats already won...</div>
    Thanks, Pyro, I fixed it!

2. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

Why did Billups choose tonight to have a good night?

And once again, Spurs get killed from the stripe. Pistons were 81% at the free throw line, Spurs where 38.5%...

3. BenWallace3

BenWallace3 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, that was a great game. The first Pistons game I've ever been to where they've won. Chauncey was CLUTH. He scored the games final 10 points, Him and Chucky Set us fans on fire with all those big trey's they hit. I was so happy with Chauncey right after the game I went to the Locker room store and bout a Authentic Chauncey Road Jersey.

4. PyroManiac

PyroManiac JBB JustBBall Member

Crossover, Billups always has great nights down the stretch. That is why he is leading or almost leading in Nestle Crunch Time!

BigMemo, no problem about the signature, helping a fellow Piston fan out. All you need now is a Piston avatar and signature and you will be all decked out. (Especially because you changed your favorite player)

BenWallace3, this game was nothing. Tomorrow is when we prove that we are the best team in the East!

5. Crossover

Nothing? Nothing my left nut. ;p Billups doesn't always have good nights like this. I've seen him end games with under 10 points for the game, this season.

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Billups rarely has games with under 10 points,he and Hamilton are the key to the Pistons team in terms of scoring.Billups has had plenty of games like he had today.

Why do you think his nick-name is Clutchy? [​IMG]

7. PyroManiac

Crossover, when another Spurs fan tells you that Billups does regularly have these types of games, that means that you should just accept it. [​IMG]

Another interesting thing that I have noticed, in the Nestle Crunch Time Stats, 4 Pistons (Billups, Wallace, Hamilton, and Prince) are in the listings that they have! Just shows that the Pistons are awesome down the stretch!

8. Crossover

I didn't say regularly. But he's had some bad games like that. That's booty.

And Parker was trash, today, too... after scoring 20 in the first half against the Celtics on 8-9 shooting...

9. eginobili20

eginobili20 JBB JustBBall Member

EXCELLENT!!! I love you guys (sorry, excited)!!! I love every time that beats the Spurs for the timebeing [​IMG] you guys are gonna go far this season

10. Crossover

Come again? And your name and signature are in reference to a Spurs' player...

Traitor.

11. PyroManiac

He's a Raptors fan that just happens to like Ginobili, I'm assuming.

12. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Sad to hear, strong teams like the Wolves and Spurs failing, then again Houston is a good team, so is Detroit, on "defense." They contained them. It's just a reality check for the teams, showing that afterall "they're only human."