Politics "Sanctuary State" law

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by PtldPlatypus, Jun 12, 2018.

1. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Give me numbers or a link. Until then, you're blowing this outta your ass.

They also pay 12 Billion a year in taxes. Where's that money going?

Stop making stuff up...

2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Ever go apply?

3. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

You do know they use fake IDs to get jobs don't you? There was a case going to the Supreme Court about it. Not sure what the outcome was but the point was did the illegal immigrant have to KNOW the fake ID was stolen from someone else to deserve the punishment given. I'll google it and be back if I find it.

4. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

No. That is completely wrong.

dviss1 likes this.
  5. bodyman5000 and 1

6. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

You say this like it's 100% of them. The ones your president hired at Mar a Lago didn't have fake ID's.

The ones John McCain and Mitt Romney hired didn't have fake ID's.

This probably happens as much as voter fraud.

7. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I’ve heard these claims many times, always without any supporting data. I just did a quick google search and found a piece in Forbes that says, “Current federal policy is to prohibit federal tax funding of health care to unauthorized immigrants through either Medicaid or Obamacare. Nevertheless, rough estimates suggest that the nation’s 3.9 million uninsured immigrants who are unauthorized likely receive about $4.6 billion in health services paid for by federal taxes, $2.8 billion in health services financed by state and local taxpayers, another $3.0 bankrolled through “cost-shifting” i.e., higher payments by insured patients to cover hospital uncompensated care losses, and roughly $1.5 billion in physician charity care. In addition to these amounts, unauthorizedimmigrants likely benefit from at least $0.9 billion in implicit federal subsidies due to the tax exemption for nonprofit hospitals and another $5.7 billion in tax expenditures from the employer tax exclusion.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/amp/

Take that for what you will.

MarAzul and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  8. bodyman5000 and 1

Do you think people that will break our laws to come here and steal someone's identity to get a job draw the line at collecting welfare illegally? I doubt it is widespread just from observing Winco on welfare weekends but still.

9. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

They pay 12 Billion a year in taxes.

10. SlyPokerDog

Oregon Ballot Measure 88 was a ballot measure in the U.S. state of Oregon in the 2014 midterm elections to determine whether or not to refer a "law creating a four-year driver's card, shorter than the usual eight years for a driver's license, for those who meet all other qualifications other than proof of legal presence in the United States".[1] The measure was rejected.

The background for the referendum was a law SB 833 which would have allowed undocumented immigrants to get a driver's card which was passed by the Oregon Legislative Assembly and signed by Governor John Kitzhaber in 2013. An ad-hoc group, Protect Oregon Driver Licenses, subsequently collected more than the 58,142 signatures which was required to demand a citizens veto referendum and the law was put on the ballot as Measure 88 in the 2014 general election.[2][3]

The measure was supported by unions, business organizations and groups concerned with immigrant rights. In the election it was rejected by 66% of the voters while 34% supported it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Ballot_Measure_88_(2014)

riverman likes this.
  11. bodyman5000 and 1

It was a huge joke at the last shop I worked at. The company did an audit of all of the shops and only 2 people working at my shop were illegals...according to our company audit anyway.

There were a few more that had better phony documents that didn't raise any flags.

12. bodyman5000 and 1

Weren't you just saying someone was talking out their ass? You think there's an accurate accounting of the supposed 12 million illegals and whether or not they use fake ids or not?

If there's no data then you have to be right obviously.

13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

If it didn't raise any flags, how come you know about it? How does anyone know?

riverman likes this.
  14. SlyPokerDog

Yes, you're one of the special people who can tell illegals just by looking at them. Those same special people who have said hateful things to my father just because of his accent.

dviss1 and riverman like this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

No...but you skirted my point...if you are obeying the laws, you shouldn't have to prove who you are and don't fool yourself..they're not shaking down Canadians ….I can pass for a Canadian. If I applied for a job in a foreign country without a work permit or let my visa expire, etc....as I said...I'd expect to be deported instantly which is what happens in most countries...not good for tourism to start shaking down people ...why else would a cop in Oregon check your identification? I have held a green card in a foreign country before...I know the drill...I've also known many Americans who skirt the laws overseas as well...mostly working under the table for cash though. I prefer to leave people the fuck alone unless they are causing problems

dviss1 likes this.
  16. bodyman5000 and 1

We all talked about it. You have no idea what it's like in a bodyshop in Vegas. Oscar is a Reagan Amnesty recipient. He told me about taking his grandkids to Mexico and watching their relatives look of amazement when the kids described life in America. The guys who didn't get caught were relieved. So was our painter, he wouldn't have had any helpers but Oscar.

None of it is a secret. My little buddy Elme did keep the fact that his real name was Angel a secret from me and I was kinda pissed but I understood.

17. bodyman5000 and 1

You're too emotional. I get that your father had morons say hateful things to him. Not my problem.

MarAzul likes this.
  18. bodyman5000 and 1

I'm fine with all of that. I detest in country immigration checkpoints. The wife has to beg me not to scream at them. I just bite my lip and move on.

19. SlyPokerDog

No emotional at all. Never said it was your problem. I actually complimented you on your special superhero like powers.

dviss1 likes this.
  20. bodyman5000 and 1

I meant fuck that little Colombian @SlyPokerDog