OT Sarah Huckabee Sanders Kicked out of Resturaunt

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Chris Craig, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

This was happening during the Obama administration as well (with other businesses).

Btw, I am not saying the President was a direct result of it. However, it was happening during his administration as well.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

partisan divorce court...it's why I am an independent ...no more Hatfields and McCoys….govt either works together or it doesn't work...hasn't worked since long before Obama...even holding a majority in both houses and the presidency, it's even more divisive now than ever...our elected officials spend way too much time trying to stimulate opposition party failure than national success...the country has had this political hangover for way too long...

3. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I wasn't 21 when I got back. A lot of young kids over there doing all the dirty work.

Never got hassled, not even by my hippie friends. I remember a huge barrel at the door to the airbase with a sign encouraging us to throw in there whatever we didn't want to get caught with. I had nothing to throw in there 'cause I was the kind of kid who never did anything wrong, well, except for hanging around some fellow GIs who smoked some weed. I didn't even smoke weed until I got into college.

I remember seeing other Vets in bars and total strangers would buy them a drink. I never got offered a free drink until I went to Korea and some guy learned I was a Vet and bought me a drink over there.

They used to know me in Post 99 in Seaside where my stepfather was an officer. He died in 2001 and I've seldom been back. I'll bet there are at least a couple who know me there.

At the VFW post, they don't know me because I don't think I've ever been inside. I use to work out at a Gym where a U.S. Marine Vet used to teach karate. Really nice guy and I joined to give him the credit because I admired him.

I admire all Vets but especially those who have been in combat. Dirty, dirty business.

riverman likes this.
  4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sarah-sanders-tweet-being-kicked-115036629.html

Sanders broke two ethics laws with her tweet because she used her official account.

5 CFR 2635.702(a) which states that a government employee cannot use public office for private gain.

It also violates the endorsements ban as the purpose of the tweet is to obviously discourage patronage at the Red Hen.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Lanny likes this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

govt by twitter!

Lanny and Chris Craig like this.
  6. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Having a sign doesn't give one any special power to discriminate or break laws.

That said, this restaurant co-owner just committed business-suicide and will either close or go through a name/change and sale within the year.

7. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    What a stupid post.

No private gain obviously.

No endorsement obviously.

MarAzul likes this.
  8. Lanny

He'll probably get swamped with business. You forget, we're talking about D.C.

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It's not a post ...it's a link..learn the game, then post

CupWizier and Chris Craig like this.
  10. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Why? Because it wasn't from Faux News?

Chris Craig likes this.
  11. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Lol

12. bodyman5000 and 1

It's Trump's fault too? Jesus

13. bodyman5000 and 1

Lol

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

govt by insult and lies....he even insults people who used to work for him....Sloppy Steve....loser.....sad....crooked....on and on and on....if you don't praise this guy, he'll tell you to get lost....sort of like the lady who owned that restaurant....Trump has no time or civility towards his detractors even though it's his job to do just that. respect is earned...he's never learned that lesson in life...when a world leader governs by insult....it's reflected in the culture of the nation...and here we are....if he'd stop hating the people he's supposed to work with and for...maybe we'd get somewhere.

donkiez and Chris Craig like this.
  15. CupWizier

retired
    Oh heck no. How can one blame a guy that has done everything within his power to create separation of parties, does immature name calling, bully's others, uses his position of power to help the millionaires while handing out peanuts to the middle class on down and seems to think the USA doesn't need to maintain our allies and instead seems to clamor to those that are vicious dictators. Naw, no blaming him, lol.

riverman and Lanny like this.
  16. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Wow!
    A pair of the foremost minds of our forum are about to give the most successful President of our age, a life lesson. Stand by!

17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I didn't raise the spoiled brat....kids I raised are actually honest and respectful of others. as to the most successful president....that person hasn't been elected yet......I am a bit worried about your confusion between stupid people and foremost minds though...you seem to interchange them ..if I had my way Trump would get a crew cut...some dungarees and report to Camp Pendleton for boot camp....get him a nasty drill sgt

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  18. CupWizier

retired
    My post wasn't about Kennedy.

19. Lanny

While I was serving in combat, guys like Trump were getting medical deferments and then reporting to the golf course. Then you had Dan Quayle who's dad got a retired General to find out exactly what morning they were going to take a tiny number into the National Guard. George Bush 43 was yet a different story. He somehow got into the National Air Guard. These guys didn't have to put their lives on the line unless you want to consider heavy drinking as putting your life on the line. Or better yet, suffering from anxiety from wondering whether you were going to get VD. These men made great sacrifices. Meanwhile I was dodging rockets and eating crap for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh, maybe you like powdered eggs, Krusteaz flap jacks and powered milk. How about an old water buffalo for your next steak fry. I nearly choked to death on a large piece of gristle.

Thank your stars you weren't drafted with me. Everyone in my platoon went to Vietnam. Most got their training in the swamps of Ft. Polk, LA and headed for the delta. I went to Cholon, Cam Ranh Bay, Da Nang and Monkey Mountain in 1968..

riverman likes this.
  20. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    How I make hot cakes on MarAzul, but I use powered butter milk.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.