Scottie Pippen interview

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by slamduncan21, Jul 1, 2003.

1. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

I was gonna put this in the Blazer thread, but the interview is mainly about Chicago:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Scottie Pippen talks about the migraine headaches he endured during the early years of his career, the possibility of rejoining the Bulls and his desire to become a GM.

Q You have been a member of the Portland Trail Blazers for the past four seasons after helping the Bulls win six NBA titles. In 1997 you were named one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history. Given your struggles with migraine headaches, does it make you wonder how much better you could have played throughout your career?

A Yes, I think about that sometimes. It was something I had to play through, especially the year we won our first championship (1990-91) with the Bulls. During the early years of my NBA career, it really affected me. Millions of people suffer from migraines. When I first began getting them, I didn't know what it was.

Q Your name has surfaced as a possible free-agent signee of the Bulls to help guide the young players. What are your plans?

A I would like to play maybe two or three more years. I haven't really thought about where I will be next season until I am totally [a free agent July 16].

Q I have heard it mentioned that you would like to become an NBA general manager. Is that true?

A Yes, I feel I can contribute something to an NBA franchise with all of my experience in the league.

Q Do you spend much time in Chicago during the off-season?

A Not as much as I used to. My wife (Larsa) and I spend most of our time in Ft. Lauderdale when the season ends.

Q How is Portland as a sports city compared to Chicago?

A Chicago is one of the greatest sports towns in the world as far as enthusiasm and passion. There is no comparison. But it has been great in Portland. The people have treated me well. They just are not like the fans in Chicago.
    </div>
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...s-bulls-utility
    i really hope he comes back to play here. sounds like he wants to