Religion Scripture Readings

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by ABM, Jun 12, 2013.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

From your link -

Submissive & Respectful

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:22-23, 33 Wives,submit to your own husbands,as to the Lord.Forthe husband is the head of the wife even asChrist is the head of the church, his body, and ishimself its Savior… However,let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that sherespects her husband.

Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit to your husbands, asis fitting in the Lord.

2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    ARe you saying those are negative towards women? Doesn't it say also the man submit to their wives? You can't pick a piece of scripture and just assume that was the entire intent.

I can pick apart our constitution and find a bunch of negative, "inequality" comments. So what?

3. SlyPokerDog

I'm not saying anything. Just having fun. In those 3 scriptures I copied from the site you provided I don't think any of those say that men should submit to women but there were other scriptures from that site that did. I only posted the 3 I did to give you a bad time as I thought it was humorous that a website called "20 Beautiful Bible Verses for Women" had a subsection about women being submissive.

4. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I think its beautiful when a wive submits to their husband! ;)

5. SlyPokerDog

Me too!

6. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist. (Zephaniah 2:12-15 NLT)

God kicks ass!!

7. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    Then again, there is a HUGE responsibility by the husband as to earn the so-called submission (respect). In all honesty, what the wife would be "submitting" to is the total umbrella of protection and security that her husband provides. In this scenario, what wife wouldn't want to be under such care and comfort?

The Word also maintains, "Husbands love your wives as Christ loved/loves the church." No worries, right?

Context is powerful.

8. SlyPokerDog

Submission does not mean the same as respect.

9. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    In the context, the wife's submission (to the God-given authority/protection/security/responsibility God has bestowed upon the husband) goes absolutely hand-in-hand with the husband loving his wife as Christ loved the church. Without those two actions working in tandem, the entire concept strays from what God had/has intended. The onus is on the husband to selflessly love his wife. Only then will she be glad to follow after his lead.

10. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

"Husbands love your wives as Christ loved/loves the church."

jesus was not a fan of organized religion , condemning the fancy dress and repugnant attitudes of the religious leaders in his day, and im sure even more so now with charlatans running wild every which way you look, not to mention pedophile priests and the horrible things done in "his name" for 2 millennia

so i interpret that passage to mean

husbands love your wife as christ loved the church, with great skepticism and the knowledge that they are unnecessary

and the whole "what woman wouldnt want a husband to take care of her?" thing is so 1950s not to mention "the husbands god given authority" and " happily following his lead"

11. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

A lot of the more religious people I know still seem to feel this way. Pretty much non existent in thought from my non-religious friends.

12. 3RA1N1AC

that said, im the sole bread winner, and i get away with murder :lol:

13. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Read: Pharisees, et al.

The "church" was anything else but. The "church" started with the small body of believers...the Apostles and such.

Jesus called the so-called "religious" leaders a bunch of white-washed tombs.

I think you're missed the concept. Read Proverbs 31 sometime. Now that kind of woman was rather enterprising. No reason the wives of today can't strive for the same. :)

14. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

One of my personal faves from Genesis 5:

26 and Methu'selah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:
    27 and all the days of Methu'selah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

I wonder what the secret to their long-lasting lives was. Obamacare?

15. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Can I ask a favor of all of you who have no interest in keeping this an uplifting thread for the purpose of encouragement (as related in the OP)?

Please take your criticisms/objections/detractions to another thread?

I just wanted to start a thread that would be edifying to those of us believers in Christ, as well as for those that wanted to read some encouraging words from the Word of God. I think the thread title is pretty straight forward.

Thanks. :)

16. 3RA1N1AC

gods word is infallible

17. SlyPokerDog

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)

18. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

I have to tell you, this has been great for me. This week I have been in a very dark place, some stuff came to a head this afternoon, and I was able to keep a cool head and overcome what otherwise may have not gone so well.

Thank you for starting this.

19. 3RA1N1AC

as to not derail, ABM, whats your take on Mark 3:28-29?

“I promise you that any of the sinful things you say or do can be forgiven, no matter how terrible those things are. But if you speak against the Holy Spirit, you can never be forgiven. That sin will be held against you forever.”

ive always been fascinated by this passage

20. ABM

Commercial Real Estate

It means don't take the chance and you'll have nothing to worry about. :)