Religion Scripture Readings

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by ABM, Jun 12, 2013.

1. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

That most certainly is a guess. And what a convenient way for man to then claim their actions which hurt others are in fact God's will.

It's not that I don't believe in a higher power or whatever. Like everyone else I have no clue. What I take exception to is man-made religion, in all it's forms. It's complete and total bullshit. And THAT is not a guess.

2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    You can't claim bullshit as fact unless you have actual documentation and empirical evidence that can support this claim. More like you think it's bullshit. As in "this is my opinion". This is no different than young earth Christians claiming evolution and billion year earth is bullshit. It's an opinion that isn't backed by empirical evidence.

3. noknobs

Listen son, let me spell it out so that even you can understand. Burden of proof is on the side of religion.

You can't simply make up a far-fetched fable (that people are then supposed to devote their entire lives toward) which includes miracles, 900 year lives and how the world was created in seven days, and then tell me that simply because I don't have documentation which shows it didn't happen that way I can't claim it's bullshit. (And by the way there is documentation that disproves a lot of that, it's called science) That's like me saying Star Wars is real, and since you don't have documentation which says it's not, then it's therefore a valid opinion. It's not. It's bullshit.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  4. magnifier661

Son?! Lmao!!!!

Actually the Christians that believe in their faith feel they have the burden of proof; with the Holy Spirit touching them.

And you are right! If you claim something not true; then the burden is on you. Just like I said the burden of proof with young earth Christians are on them for calling evolution and old earth being bullshit.

You claim bullshit, then you better have facts to back your claim. Otherwise, its just a opinion. Simple as that SON! :)

5. magnifier661

Let me put it another way.

Let's say I call bullshit that you love your wife. You can say "look at what I've done for my wife, how faithful and nurturing I am, all my works"

I say that isn't proof and you must have physical evidence of brain scans and neuro transmission; with millions of studies on how certain neuro waves and release of hormones are released to validate love.

So if you don't have that proof; then you don't really love your wife right?

6. noknobs

It's amazing that even after science has proven so many aspects of the bible false, that some still choose to believe in any of it. Just pick and choose whatever they like and disregard the rest. It's amazing to me.

I don't expect you to be able to comprehend basic English, but what?? That's not even what I said... The burden of proof is on the person claiming an ancient fairy tale is true despite the total lack of evidence. The burden of proof is not on me when I claim it's bullshit, however I have plenty of it to back me up...

Hopefully someday you'll be able to think rationally. Or maybe ignorance is bliss?

7. magnifier661

Oh please stop getting all bent out of shape man!

I can take any historical record and find accounts that I can argue and discredit in ancient times.

Should we stop believing in Caesar because of the claim that he believed he is God? Or maybe the holo cast didn't exist because maybe only 1 million where killed instead of 904,000 people where executed?

I think it's more funny that the ones that claim the bible is a bunch of bullshit because they can break out a few verses and try and discount them. I think it's even more ironic that they don't take account of the billions that still believe it and seek it out.

Maybe we should stop believing the Memphis grizzlies exist because they have such a weak fan base too? ;)

8. BlazersFanatic

BlazersFanatic John 3:16

9. noknobs

Wow, by all means keep posting. You're really hurting your argument with just about everything you post.

Comparing the events of the bible and the belief that Jesus is the son of God to the Memphis Grizzles, Ceasar, and the holocaust (!?) is just about the strangest thing I've ever read on here, and you've had some tough competition...

10. magnifier661

11. BlazersFanatic

BlazersFanatic John 3:16

Scripture for the day for me:

-Jeremiah 29:11-

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

12. magnifier661

Cool, glad I amuse you! :)

Is there a reason why you are abrasive? Maybe because you have zero evidence to support your "bullshit" claim?

It's okay man. I still love you!

13. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

Luke 6:22-31 - Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you [from their company], and shall reproach [you], and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

14. noknobs

Abrasive? Me? Finally something you claim has evidence to support it!

It's not hard to find evidence supporting my bullshit claim if you really want to find it. However I think you'd rather just argue semantics on a messageboard until the sun goes down. You're already on the internet, the evidence is at your fingertips.

But most likely you'd rather not go searching because you're emotionally invested and afraid of what you'll find, I get it. And believe it or not I know why people feel the need to believe in something like religion (justice, fellowship, peace of mind, hope, etc). And I shouldn't be discouraging that. I only meant to lob in a few sarcastic comments but obviously got carried away and will now leave. In the end you'll see what you want to see and interpret the bible the way you want to interpret it (as evidence by that ridiculous link BlazerFanatic posted).

15. DaLincolnJones

1 Corinthians 1:27 - But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

16. magnifier661

Wow neat story bro about the top 2 paragraphs.

Your last paragraph is actually worth reading though.

17. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Mark 12:31
    Love your neighbor as yourself.

I may not believe, but that doesn't mean I don't love all you believers. There are some good qualities preached in the bible, this one above most, I wish everyone would contemplate this passage regardless of religion.

MadeFromDust likes this.
  18. magnifier661

It is a very important teaching that many people don't follow. Instead most people want to bring thy neighbor down to exhault themselves. A common practice among Christians and non Christians alike.

19. DaLincolnJones

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus

20. Nate4Prez

Nate4Prez . . . .

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death."