Seahawks, Richard Sherman, agree on new deal

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by truebluefan, May 12, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

The Seahawks wanted to get a deal done with Richard Sherman (above) before the NFL Draft, and they have done so just in the nick of time.

The team has called an 11 a.m. press conference to announce a new deal with Sherman — the Draft starts tomorrow.

Sherman reported on his own blog that the deal is four years for a total of $57.4 million, with $40 million guaranteed. That comes to an average of $14.25 million per year and will make him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL, an honor that currently belongs to Darrelle Revis of New England, making $12 million next season.

Sherman further wrote on his blog that: “I am blessed to announce that the Seattle Seahawks and I have reached an agreement on a contract extension. The goal has always been to stay in Seattle and continue to play for the Seahawks. With this chapter closed, I can continue to focus on what is important – defending our Super Bowl Championship and being the best cornerback in the NFL.”

Sherman had told the Times last week that he was not concerned about being the highest-paid cornerback.

“I don’t care for that,’’ said Sherman, who is due to make $1.4 million in 2014 on the last year of the four-year rookie deal he signed in 2011. “The only list I care about being at the top of is interceptions.’’

Still, Sherman said he will want what he feels he is worth.

- See more at: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2014/05/07/seahawks-richard-sherman-agree-on-new-deal/