Season Opener 2005-2006 Milwaukee Bucks @ the Philadelphia 76ers

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by B.e., Nov 1, 2005.

1. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div align="center">[​IMG] <font size=""3"">VS</font> [​IMG]
    Time: 7:00PM (EST)
    Local TV: CSN
    National TV: NBA LP Ch. 2(Free NBA LP, Nov 1-8)
    Arena: Wachovia Center</div>
    <u>
    Starting Lineups</u>

<font color=""purple""><font size=""1""><u>Probable Bucks Starting Lineup</u></font></font>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font size=""1""><font color=""Purple"">PG</font>- T.J. Ford
    <font color=""Purple"">SG</font>- Michael Redd
    <font color=""Purple"">SF</font>- Bobby Simmons
    <font color=""Purple"">PF</font>- Andrew Bogut
    <font color=""Purple"">C</font>- Jamaal Magloire</font>

<font size=""1"">Coach: Terry Porter</font>

<font color=""Sienna""><font size=""1""><u>Probable 76ers Starting Lineup</u></font></font>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font size=""1""><font color=""DarkRed"">PG</font>- Allen Iverson
    <font color=""DarkRed"">SG</font>-Andre Iguodala
    <font color=""DarkRed"">SF</font>-Kyle Korver
    <font color=""DarkRed"">PF</font>- Chris Webber
    <font color=""DarkRed"">C</font>- Steven Hunter</font>
    <font size=""1"">
    Coach: Maurice Cheeks</font>

<u>Injury Report</u>

Samuel Dalembert(76ers)- Out, Right Quad Strain
    Joe Smith- Out
    <font color=""Purple"">
    <div align="center"><u>Game Notables - Bucks</u></font>

<font color=""Purple"">T.J. Ford Returns</font></div>

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/act_tj_ford.jpg[/imgl]He's back! After going down a spinal injury in his rookie season Ford is set to make his first official return. Before the injury he was looking very promising depsite the not so great stats. His overall impact on the team was without a doubt apparent. Allen Iverson the very same guy he lookes up to and th same guy he will be making his return against even admired T.J. quickness. Looking at the preseason he's hard, Ford seems as if he hasn't lost a step, in fact it seemingly looks as if he has gotten better. He is shooting a high percentages in his six preseason games and for the most part is looking better and is ready to go.

However, the guy he will be defending or more like attempting to defend is no other than Allen Iverson. Iverson has come a long way since his rookie season. At this point of Iverson career he is arguably at his best. Talent wise, oen may say he diminished but the fact that he understands the game a higher level has made him better. He has established himself as one of the greatest scoreres of all-time and against this Bucks team he will show why he has that label under his name. Last season the Bucks had no answer to The Answer. Coach Terry Porter main objective for the Bucks heading into a game against the Sixers with Allen IVerson was to hold him under 40 points. If that is the case, they are not off too a good start. But you can't knock the Bucks too much becase when they attempted to hold Iverson under 40 points they did so, they held him a mere 39 points, so that may be mission accomplishemed for them. T.J. Ford is no better defensively than Mo Williams who was given the task to guard Iverson last season, so expect The Answer to completly dominate this matchup. Nevertheless, expect T.J. to make the most of this game seeing as that the dreaful niight he injured his spine could have been his last game. Expect tons of energy but like virtually almost guard in the NBA there will be no stopping Iverson.

<font color=""Purple""><div align="center">Andrew Bogut</div></font>
    The first overall pick in the 2005 NBA draft will start in his professional debut. The Bucks recently acquired center Jamaal Magloire, and Joe Smith is out with an injury so rookie Andre Bogut will start at power forward. Bogut didn't have the best preseason, but look for him to come out strong against a some what thin Sixers froncourt. Against Chris Webber Bogut should find some success, we all know Chris can still play but he tends to struggle aginast talented bigmen inside, keep an eyeout of that matchup.
    <font color=""DarkRed""><u>Game Notables - 76ers</u></font>
    The 76ers didn't have the best preseason but they were battered with injuries. Chris Webber has dedicated himself to not shooting jumpshots and re establishing himself as a top post man in the league. Look for Webber to take the Bucks' bigmen inside and out, as Andrew Bogut does not like to come outside to defend.

[imgl]http://vh10018.v1.moc.gbahn.net/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BL&Date=20051031&Category=SPORTS03&ArtNo=510310328&Ref=AR&Profile=1002&title=1[/imgl]

<u>Keys To The Game</u>

[​IMG]

<ul>Rebound! The next time the 76ers loose, look at the boxscore. The 76ers often get out rebounded by other teams and you can tell how it dictates the tempo of the game. It is very improtant for the Sixers to crash the boards.[/list]

<ul>Iverson & Webber. The first game has arrived, its time to end all the speculation and see what these two can do together. MOst Sixers fans think these to can be great together while others think Webber's days are definitely behind him.[/list]

[​IMG]

<ul>Protect the ball. Anytime the Sixers force lots of turnovers they usually play an overall very good game because they trive off of fastbreak oppurtunities and breakaways. TJ Ford cannot be too jittery in his first game back in a while, if he is the 76ers will exploit him and make him make mistakes.[/list]

<ul>The bigs. The 76ers don't have much strength or depth when it comes to bigmen. Magloire, and Bogut should find success inside, the Bucks definitely need to form their gameplan aroudn the psot players. Bogut and Magloire have to be[/list]

--------

Prediction:
    The Sixers will open this one up with energy, this is the season opener at home and I honestly don't think they'll loose this one. Sixers by 9.

I apologize for the short and late preview, had a busy day today and had limited time to make something happen so I decided to make it kind of short and sweet. Look for bigger and better things in the near future.

2. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Things looking great so far, and Webber is just tremendous, 14 points already and some nice assists. Everybody looking well and hopefully none of the Bucks offense will heat up.

3. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Oh man, Webber is huge right now. A double double already by halftime with four assists, a steal, and two blocks. Great game for him, from the box score it looks like either Cheeks is utilizing him right, he's made a nice recovery, or he just has a hot hand. Either one, I'm not complaining.

4. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Webber looks nothing short of great right now. 26/12/4 in only 3 quarters.

5. RuN WiT iT

RuN WiT iT JBB JustBBall Member

Webber = Allstar... no doubt.

6. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Webber = Allstar... no doubt.</div>
    I wouldn't say that just yet. There's a lot of games to play before the all star breka, anything can happen. Besides, he's playing against a weak interior defense.

7. PlaTsanity

PlaTsanity JBB JustBBall Member

all i can say is wow
    AI and C-WEBB did much better together today..
    they both had about 30+ points each
    and they played just amazing...

IF C-webb can continue playing like this and stays away from injuries & same goes for Iverson

Playoffs would be easy for the sixers

8. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Webber has shattered his previous career high for a season opener. Sixers have forced 10 steals thus far this game. AI and Webber have shown exactly what management envisioned when the trade was made last year. Tight game Redd just tied it up. One second to go.

9. Bobcats

Redd ties it up with one second left. Tough break for the Sixers.

10. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

...I smell a nail biter. (In a long, loud, and annoying voice) This game is going into overtime! I'm really worried about Webber's conditioning. I haven't watched the game so someone please correct me, do you guys think he can play forty plus minutes per game? Oh and here's another one, who's backing up Hunter? Thomas isn't logging that much minutes.

11. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RuN WiT iT:</div><div class="quote_post">Webber = Allstar... no doubt.</div>

You can't judge a player on the first game. What if he averaged 7 pts for the next 10 games, would he be a no doubt all star. Let's see how he plays more of the games and decide.

12. RuN WiT iT

RuN WiT iT JBB JustBBall Member

That was just the most stupidest game, and now I'm annoyed by the notion of the Sixers being beat by a 3 pointer from Redd as the time winds down which eventually led them to win the game in OT. I'm just disgusted..

13. Bobcats

The Bucks took control in overtime. TJ Ford played great tonight along with Simmons. Bogut didn't look too shabby and almost got a double-double.

14. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

Disappointing, but I don't understand why the Sixers would let Iverson pass the ball in in the final seconds of the game, taking away one of the two 'clutch' players they have..

Oh well, Webber played great and I'm oddly satisfied. His little hook seemed to be working nicely, although he barely left the ground..

Don't worry, I won't be making any bold statements a la:

Allen iverson = mvp. no doubt

anytime soon.

15. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswer2:</div><div class="quote_post">

Oh well, Webber played great and I'm oddly satisfied. His little hook seemed to be working nicely, although he barely left the ground..</div>
    He caught a alley oop and had a fast break dunk he was playing as above the rim as I have seen him the last few years. His passing is really what opened up this game for the 76ers in terms of being able to move the ball around well, and create easy scoring opportunities. I?m happy even though they lost the AI and Webber combo showed how deadly they could be. The ball just didn?t bounce their way in the end.

16. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Disappointing, but I don't understand why the Sixers would let Iverson pass the ball in in the final seconds of the game, taking away one of the two 'clutch' players they have..
    </div>My thoughts exactly. I guess they thought that he could come up with the clutch shot in the final seconds. Iverson and maybe Korver had a better chance of getting the W.

I`m very excited about Webber not only did bring that terrific scoring, but his passing skills were awesome the whole game. I`m happy to say the duo Webb and A.I. turned out succesful in the home opener.

Eh, Pistons tonight, hopefully we can avoid a 0-2 start.

17. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

Yea, normally when the Sixers lose, I'm extremely pissed or in a bad mood.

But this time, I know that Webber and Iverson will work. It's just that Iggy and Korver didn't contribute much, plus the depth with our injuries.w

18. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

When I first saw the score when I woke up I was really mad but after watching the box score and highligths I started to realize that the Sixers can be a very good team if Webber/Iverson play like this.We need to get Sam back as soon as possible.I actually belive that the Sixers can win today's game against the Pistons.

19. hubs831

hubs831 JBB JustBBall Member

another good thing for the sixers is they only commited 8 to's on that game. lets hope cweb continues to play like that.

20. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">He caught a alley oop and had a fast break dunk he was playing as above the rim as I have seen him the last few years. His passing is really what opened up this game for the 76ers in terms of being able to move the ball around well, and create easy scoring opportunities. I?m happy even though they lost the AI and Webber combo showed how deadly they could be. The ball just didn?t bounce their way in the end.</div>

Yea I watched the game. I was simply commenting on the speed of this shot, by not jumping.