Sebastian Telfair

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BALLAHOLLIC, Jun 24, 2006.

1. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Do you think he will be an all star type player? If so, When do you see that happening?

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

No, I just don't like this guy. He's just so tiny (6'0" 160)...He will be a decent PG but I don't have high expectations like SLAM Magazine does of him.

3. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

He's a victim of the over-hype syndrome, I agree with BCB, he'll be a decent PG like a Brevin Knight type of player without the large amount of assists. He's quick, able to make steals, isn't anything incredible when it comes to scoring. He needs to dish the ball more, when I've seen him he's been pretty selfish.

4. BrewCityBuck

NYCity likes to hype it's PG's...Along with being from NYC and getting tons of attention from SLAM I believe he's overhyped and thats why people thought the Blazers reached when they picked him 11th..For such a 'great player with so much potential' I found that ironic.

5. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BCB @ Jun 24 2006, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, I just don't like this guy. He's just so tiny (6'0" 160)</div>So is TJ Ford. [​IMG] Hell, TJ aint even 6 feet. WTTJ, every player at his age is bound to be selfish. Because they havent matured. Once they grow into their prime, they become more serious and then they realize how important team success is.

6. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

i dont know bcb i think telfair will develop into a good pg maybe not legendary but into a good PG like lets say Derek Fisher,derek fisher is extremely underated and he plays for the warriors,doesnt get enough recognition because of baron davis,even when davis was hurt,similar situation with telfair,sebastion telfair will only be a good or lets jump the gun and say a great PG if he gets out of portland,with young guards like jarret jack and martell webster,telfair isnt going to get enough playing time,it seems portland is going with jack as their point guard of the future,so my conclusion is telfair will only develop into a great point if he gets on another team that he can get more playing time and patience from to develop as it seems portland lost its patience with his development and drafted jack,if he stays in portland he will only be regarded as a decent point guard

7. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

I think he will become a decent player in the NBA. If he could just get outta Portland.

8. taR h3eLs

taR h3eLs BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheAnalyst @ Jun 24 2006, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think he will become a decent player in the NBA. If he could just get outta Portland.</div>Thats the first thing, he has so much talent he'll easily be a great player soon.

9. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Jun 25 2006, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So is TJ Ford. [​IMG] Hell, TJ aint even 6 feet. WTTJ, every player at his age is bound to be selfish. Because they havent matured. Once they grow into their prime, they become more serious and then they realize how important team success is.</div> Good point...T.J. Ford is legit 6'0" but at least he is proven, Telfair is just so raw.

10. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

I think he could be good, but it would take a lot of work, and I'm not sure he cares that much. Also he is 21 years old, Ford is what 23? That is a prime example of why he should have gone to college.

11. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>WTTJ, every player at his age is bound to be selfish. Because they havent matured. Once they grow into their prime, they become more serious and then they realize how important team success is.</div>Too bad he's in Portland...he might never realize how important team success is.

12. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I like Telfair and I think he will develope into a solid player and a solid starter. But, it's going to take a lot of work. I don't think I can see him as a future All-Star, but he does have a bright future and he has the skills (raw skills), now it's all about work ethic.