Politics Securing The Border With A Wall, Duh

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Dec 19, 2018.

1. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    $15,284,446 of $1.0B goal

Raised by 250,324 people in 5 days

2. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    lol, unfortunately it doesn't mean shit but if they want to pay for the wall i say more power to them.

How much did you donate? I'm sure it was substantial. :devilwink::devilwink::devilwink:

3. CupWizier

retired
    Fake News

4. CupWizier

retired
    That was a rather confusing response, but i get the gist of your mindset. You only care about you and the hell with anyone else.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  5. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

These effin' Mexicans come into our country and financing that wall. We should deport them!

6. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

This is a much more nuanced issue than a lot of people willingly recognize. Border security is important. The wall, not so much.

It is entirely possible to have a reasonable compromise, not that anyone in Washington cares.

7. CupWizier

retired
    The funny thing about it, a bi-partisan proposal was put together by the senate and Trump approved it and then when passed he then begins his bully tactics and demands 5 billion and if he doesn't get it will PROUDLY shut the government down and own it even though there is about a billion that hasn't been spent yet and the proposal would give an additional 1.7 billion to "boarder" security. Everyone wants boarder security but majority of Americans feel the wall is a waste. It was reported that 90% of the illegal drugs come through the port of entry. A wall isn't going to change that.

This is the second time in a short period that the senate has put together a proposal that Trump said he would sign only to back down at the last minute and that one had 20 billion for his wall but it also included DACA. Trump wants but doesn't give and it's likely to cost him over 20 billion for his worthless wall. Such a master negotiator, lol.

Lanny likes this.
  8. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Yeah with the added benefit of them being required to pay more than they ever did before.

Hmmmm..
    I wonder if that's why my insurance sucks now more than ever.....

Oh yeah, they pass the costs to the rest of us as anyone could have guessed.

9. bodyman5000 and 1

I didn't bring it up and I don't want a stupid wall.

10. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

11. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, you're right. Insurance is not the correct system to provide healthcare.

MARIS61 likes this.
  12. bodyman5000 and 1

It worked ok before.

If you want a Lexus you don't buy a Versa and keep trading it for a slightly better car and becoming more upside down until you have to pay 300 grand for a 50 thousand dollar car.

Taking what sorta worked and making it a hybrid of that and government run healthcare is literally the dumbest thing I've seen our government do in my life not counting all the wars.

Make health insurance mandatory and expect doctors and insurance companies to make a profit and make them pay for everything..good idea.

13. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Actually I give Trump some credit for his negotiating here. Trump doesn't actually want a wall, he doesn't give a shit about a wall. He wants his idiot base to perceive him as fighting to get a wall. If the wall actually got built he'd have to find a whole new issue to gin up the base about. So he's playing it correct for his personal purposes. Obviously at some significant cost to other people, but he doesn't give a shit about that either.

barfo

14. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    The subject of the thread is about the Wall.

MARIS61 likes this.
  15. bodyman5000 and 1

Dviss brought it up and you instantly responded that people that don't like Obamacare are ignorant.

Even if people like me who had better insurance before Obamacare came about are being selfish how is that ignorant?

16. Lanny

I hate to refer to any singular person, who is not in the public eye, by any kind of derogatory term. And I would never refer to you as ignorant.
    What I categorize as ignorant in this instance is a broad class of people who don't see the need to deliver quality health care to all people in this country. My original proposal was to start by delivering free health care to all who were under the age of 18 and not in high school and see how that goes.

What we've got now is not the best but it's better than the nothing that Millions had before. It's also better than not allowing for preexisting conditions and limiting people to a lifetime limit on their health care.

Without Obama Care we have no way of caring for all the opioid addicts. This is an immense problem that needs serious addressing.

Also, don't forget that without health care for a significant portion of our population we could have outbreaks of serious disease that affects all of us. Then, there's the loss of productivity while people try to get well without the benefit of medical care as well as the turmoil by having to choose between paying the medical bills and paying for rent, heat and food.

Now, that I think about it, perhaps I should have rephrased my remark as saying a lot of people who dislike paying for health care for others are ignorant. That leaves people such as yourself out of that classification. Sorry for the insensitivity.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  17. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    "This would likely be another one oh his failed attempts at doing something deemed unconstitutional which seems to be often with Trump."
    The "evil" immigrants don't necessarily have to come in at the Mexican-US border. The coastal regions of Louisiana all the way to Florida can have penetration by sea route such as freighters, fishing boats and that sort of transportation.
    Trump and his wall trophy pisses me off. The jackass politicians who backed him should be ashamed. Like I said, our "Bridges" need the influx of Federal funding rather than a permanent block of concrete and barb wire..

Chris Craig and Lanny like this.
  18. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    More American blood on the hands of the left.

Suspect in fatal California cop shooting is in US illegally, authorities say

By Elizabeth Zwirz, Greg Norman | Fox News
    Manhunt underway for suspected illegal immigrant accused of killing a police officer during traffic stop in California
    The suspect sought in connection with the murder of a California cop earlier this week is in the U.S. illegally, authorities revealed on Thursday.

The unidentified man alleged to be behind the slaying of Newman police Cpl. Ronil Singh, 33, “is considered armed and dangerous,” Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson said during a news conference on Thursday afternoon, vowing that the manhunt would “relentlessly continue.”

“This suspect … is in our country illegally. He doesn’t belong here. He is a criminal. We will find him, we will arrest him, we will bring him to justice,” Christianson said.

Singh was shot and killed during a traffic stop just before 1 a.m. Wednesday in Newman, about 100 miles southeast of San Francisco, according to police.

The suspect was stopped by Singh for a DUI investigation before engaging in a gunfight with the officer, during which Singh tried to defend himself, Christianson said.

Singh had called in the traffic stop and reported "shots fired" over his radio a few minutes later, sheriff's officials previously said. The suspect fled when backup officers arrived to assist Singh, who was then rushed to a hospital. He later died from his gunshot wounds, the department said.

Surveillance photos released of the suspect showed him inside the Newman Food Store shortly before the fatal attack. Police also located the truck the suspect is believed to have driven.

Authorities urged the suspect, still thought to be in the vicinity, to turn himself in.

“We strongly encourage him to surrender himself peacefully so we can bring closure to this senseless act of violence,” Christianson said. He added that he’s hopeful law enforcement “may have him in custody sooner than later.”

Singh was a native of Fiji and left behind a wife and 5-month-old son. The officer, who joined the force in the summer of 2011, was remembered fondly by the Newman police chief, who said Singh “truly loved what he did.”

[​IMG]
    This undated photo provided by the Newman Police Department shows officer Ronil Singh of Newman Police Department. (Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department via AP)

“He came to this country with one purpose, and that was to serve this country,” Chief Randy Richardson said, declaring that “a coward took his life.”

Richardson pleaded for help in apprehending the suspect and urged him to surrender.

“We need closure. His family needs closure,” Richardson said.

President Trump addressed the manhunt on Twitter on Thursday, in connection with his persistent calls for a wall at the southern border with Mexico.

“There is right now a full scale manhunt going on in California for an illegal immigrant accused of shooting and killing a police officer during a traffic stop,” Trump tweeted. “Time to get tough on Border Security. Build the Wall!”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspect-...p-shooting-is-in-us-illegally-authorities-say

19. bodyman5000 and 1

DON'T YOU KNOW AMERICANS KILL COPS ALL THE TIME.

MARIS61 likes this.
  20. Lanny

How do you know he didn't immigrate here illegally from Norway?