Game Thread SEEDING GAME# 4: BLAZERS @ NUGGETS - AUGUST 6, 2020 - THURSDAY, 5:00, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Aug 4, 2020.

?

Which team will the Blazers be fighting with for the 8th Seed in the Play-In Tournament?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2020.
  1. Grizzlies

20.8%
  2. Kings

2.1%
  3. Pelicans

43.8%
  4. Spurs

18.8%
  5. Suns

6.3%
  6. Nobody because the Blazers will have the 8th Seed and be 4 games ahead by season's end

6.3%
  7. Nobody because the Blazers won't qualify for the Play-in.

2.1%
  1. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Just to be fair. I kind of took this thread off the topic of the game. I poked the bear and a few have responded. However they have responded well and they have been very respectful so no harm no foul.

oldmangrouch likes this.
  2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Comparing our backcourt to Thomas and Dumars of the Pistons.

Wheres that emoticon where I slap myself in the face?.....

oldmangrouch likes this.
  3. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    ok, mods BAN kjironman1 for derailing a thread. :bgrin:

kjironman1 likes this.
  4. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Um... CJ played like shit on offense in this game and played his normal poor defense which brought up these opinions about why he isn't a good fit on this team. I think that's related enough for mods to not get involved. I've seen you posting and being just fine with a ton of different tangents, about things that didn't bother you, in game threads. You think CJ is great for the team, that's fine. It annoys you that a lot of us don't see it that way, that's fine too. Turning to the mods to stop people from having a relevant discussion about something that was represented in this game is really a little petty.

5. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    lol, i was joking. Do you really think I was serious I wanted kjironman banned?

By the way, we won a huge game last night and all some of you can do is come up with complaints and McCollum has had a large part in the record we have had in Orlando.

6. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

I don't think CJ defense is that bad. Its not great but its much better than when he entered the league or what some players bring. Look around the league, offense is so potent every team is having trouble defending.

The problem without CJ is there is nobody to take pressure of traps off Lillard or allow a secondary creator. Right now they play Simons those minutes and its a big step down from CJ. Trent doesn't have the handle to do this. If they get a Nic Batum style SF that can sometimes initiate offense then maybe it could work.

So you need a borderline allstar level player who is a great defender but able to handle the ball, create his own shot, and shoot great from 3pt range, and be available for CJ. Thats an extremely difficult criteria to find.

Most likely I'd just role with the roster we have. The team has until the trade deadline of the 2021-22 season to need to cut salary for luxury tax concerns. Lets see how this roster plays next year before breaking up quality starters.

CupWizier likes this.