Game Thread SEEDING GAME# 5: CLIPPERS @ BLAZERS - AUGUST 8, 2020 - SATURDAY, 10:00AM, TNT & NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Aug 6, 2020.

?

What do you see as Gary Trent Jr's future career as a Blazer?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2020.
  1. SG of the future

37.3%
  2. SF of the future.

29.4%
  3. 6th man of the future.

31.4%
  4. In the bench rotation, but not as a 6th man.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Out of the bench rotation.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Future trade piece.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Let go into Free Agency when his current contract runs out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other. Please specify.

2.0%
  1. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

Well they can’t miss on purpose. But Doc and the Clips tried their best to give us the game. Unfortunately we just suck

2. AldoTrapani

I agree blow this team up. It’s not that good and we tried

3. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

well, we can't beat the Lakers in the first round until we are playing the Lakers in the first round, but we're certainly talking about it

we occasionally talk about the draft before it happens too. If people want to discuss...or argue...about potential changes to the roster I don't see the harm

4. AldoTrapani

Dude it shouldn’t come to last minute shit on teams literally running B squads out there! That’s the point! Lol why ya keep using these moral victories to feel better..

Blazers really ain’t doing that well this bubble Barley beating Denver with their summer league team on a back to back. Then clips literally admitting they tired handing the game to the Blazers. Getting blown out by Boston. Beating weak ass Memphis in OT. Stop Blazers aren’t that good

Serbian likes this.
  5. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I didn’t say it did any harm, I said I don’t see the point; which is why I usually stay out of the game threads. When it comes to the Blazers, we’ve all got caveman brains when the adrenaline is running. Not the best time for logic to win out.

6. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Sorry, man, but that’s a weak take. The Clippers are deep, so the players that they were running are well capable of beating anyone. If you’ve watched the NBA for any length of time, you know that shorthanded teams winning is very common.

CupWizier likes this.
  7. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

This shit is crazy, honestly, a first round sweep is sooo much different than getting swept out of the conference finals. Lumping all of those numbers together is so misleading.

RickyJoe and CupWizier like this.
  8. AldoTrapani

Oh god Man. If you think this team “HEALTHY” their a top 3 team then they shouldn’t need moral victories. Ridiculous Man. Face it, they have the worst rated defense in the bubble for a reason. THEY AINT THAT GOOD

9. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    I've taken many classes over the years, some for my past job and the rule was always said, never make a decision when you are in a highly emotional state as that's often when bad decisions are made. I always say, step back, take the necessary time and then assess the situation before commenting or making a decision. That's why it is it said cooler heads prevail?

10. CupWizier

retired
    wow, aren't you now trying to tell me what I can post and what I can't? I will use "we" anytime I feel like it when talking about a team I root for as many other people do as well. I just tell it as I see it and feel free to not read my posts if it upsets you so much. I never said things are all rosy, and I never said no changes need to be made and that had absolutely nothing to do with what I posted earlier. No changes can be made now anyway so it's extremely premature to worry about that at this stage.

11. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

So your point is we lose when we lose. We won a must win game at home and a Game 7 on the road last year. Why do you wipe that out of your analysis?

And yes, the Blazers have the answer this year— Nurk, GT2, Collins, and Melo. Nurk was injured last 2 times we played Warriors too.

I think going from being swept in first round in 2018 to making the WCF in 2019 is major fucking progress.

RickyJoe likes this.
  12. CupWizier

retired
    and that's why there are draft threads as well as trade threads. This is a GAME thread.

13. CupWizier

retired
    I'd avoid any discussion with this guy as he's obviously here just to rile the crowd.

14. blazerkor

Yeah, our defense is terrible but that doesn't necessarily mean we need to blow it all up. I'm not going to talk about personnel moves until we're done with the bubble but this roster is capable of being a decent defensive team. Both Nurk and Zach are playing for the first time in a long time, so they are rusty. We see flashes of great D from each of them which tells me they will be good once they get into more of a rhythm. So, I think our starting interior defense is fine. With the players we have under contract our starting perimeter D could be very good too. Starting Dame, Gary and Ariza would be a very effective defensive perimeter. So I don't know if your panic is totally justified. I don't know what our defense would look like when people come off the bench, we wouldn't be too deep unless Nas, Wenyen and some backup guard stepped up but I think our starters could potentially be good.

Darkwebs likes this.
  15. blazerkor

I don't think @AldoTrapani is just trolling, I think he is very reactionary and truly believes the stuff he says, which is pretty negative and especially during games is proven to be inaccurate more often than not.

16. CupWizier

retired
    I didn't call him a troll, but he's not far from it.

17. blazerkor

I just don't think his takes are meant to stir shit up, I think he is genuinely like that. He is incredibly negative and very quick to react and slow to correct his opinions when they are proven false.

18. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Man we miss Ariza.

19. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Yeah they do.

20. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

Ariza would've meant less minutes and shots for GT2. I know Ariza's taller but GT2 has made up for the loss of Ariza and then some. He's the best shooter in the bubble. More than 5 MADE threes per game at an incredible percentage. Ariza went 0-11 from 3 in Game 7 WCF 2018.