Bogus! Selective banning from selective threads of 1 or more selected posters

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Apr 25, 2022.

1. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Sorry, was making a crap joke about disagreeing. Appreciate all that you do

2. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think I have ever had a complaint about the mods...

RickyJoe likes this.
  3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Again, 6 months ago and you never even pm'd me that you blocked me or why you blocked me.

Denny Crane, who considered me too liberal in our debates, is rolling over in his grave.

I could have typed your post for you, because it's the same thing you have said every time I ask you about insults or whatever empty complaints you allege.

I have been absurdly called a racist by so many posters here who faced no consequences that I can't remember all of them, but HCP is a frequent flyer and also crandc just for example. Not that I care as every time they do it they expose themselves for what they are.

Usually the mods don't even bother to delete the word racist from the posts exposing them as incompetent.

As for the validity/credibility of my posts, it's near 100%, while the responses are always insults or ridicule, never a credible, supported counter argument.

Most of my threads a few years ago which were blasted as nonsense, have by now been re-affirmed as fact by none other than the DOJ, the CIA, indictments, prosecutions and convictions.

There's nothing unusual about my posts, which are mostly just news articles, and they were never a problem at all for any mods here before The Great TDS Pandemic arrived here in late 2016.

This forum became the equivalent of The View almost overnight. A gathering of immature, intellectually lazy political pawns with no actual knowledge of politics or US history, spouting MSNBC soundbites in unison and attacking every moderate or slightly conservative poster who attempted to discuss pretty much anything.

All, not just some, of those MSNBC & COMPANY lies have since been proven to be every bit as untrue today as they were the day they were broadcast. But this forum has been now pared down through one-sided banning of posters who spoke/accepted/recognized the truth to mostly just the last dredges of mindless syncophants who refuse to acknowledge that the Russian Hoax has been proven to be indeed a hoax perpetrated by Hillary Clinton, her personal lawyer the DNC,, at least the top dozen FBI officials and countless agents, James Baker, Jake Sullivan, Obama/Biden's State Department, Perkins Cole law firm, several major media outlets, a British Intelligence Officer, an Australian politician, and much more coming from the Durham Investigation as we speak.

Hunter Biden's laptop has been proven to be the real thing and documents numerous instances of the bribery of Joe Biden for world-altering political favors for China, for Russia in greenlighting both their 2014 invasion of Ukraine and their current anhilation, and for numerous corporations both domestic and foreign.

There's still a few bright minds here with very liberal views who see and acknowledge to themselves at least the rampant corruption of most of the Democratic Party, just as I have always acknowledged the rampant corruption of nearly all of the Republican Party.

I have been posting here for 14 years without any problem until you "inherited" it from Denny Crane. 27,000 posts and counting.

Unblock me, and if the unlikely occurs and I accidentally violate a rule, let me know this time.

ABM likes this.
  4. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    To clarify, Denny Crane created it good-naturedly after one my political debates with, as he found me to be too liberal at times. I took it as it was intended and needled him for breaking his own rules.
    At some point it was actually JLPRK, by far the most intelligent person to ever post here, who registered a complaint about it. When JLPRK tired of the "New and Improved" manglement of the forum, it became impossible to engage anyone in a two-sided debate about any serious topic at all.

5. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Of course not. No political southpaw ever had. Not a single one.

6. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    This is the problem with your posts imo @MARIS61:

"This forum became ... a gathering of immature, intellectually lazy political pawns with no actual knowledge of politics or US history, spouting MSNBC soundbites in unison and attacking every moderate or slightly conservative poster who attempted to discuss pretty much anything."

WTF dude? If you want to be taken seriously, then that sort of ad hominem, invective should end. Truly, it is difficult to debate with you when that is how you present yourself.

Many folks here on the left are super smart. Some have advanced degrees. Our pal @Chris Craig always backs up his liberal take with facts. I try to as well. Many here do. You can disagree without being so mean/abusive/rude/dismissive. Or maybe you can't. But don't expect to be respected if you talk to people that way.

I just don't get why it is so difficult for some folks here to follow the rules, be civil, respect the hard job that the mods have, and try to have some fun. It's actually quite easy.

RickyJoe, THE HCP, Shaboid and 2 others like this.
  7. Phatguysrule

I've disageed with them more than most in here have.

I just don't make myself out to be a victim and start whining for attention.

Of course, I'm also not using a sham account that exists for the purpose of trolling for attention.

Stevenson and RR7 like this.
  8. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Hey, have you ever asked yourself why?

Stevenson and SlyPokerDog like this.
  9. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

Maris getting all his gripes out before may 5th when the great reset and public executions of liberals happens

Phatguysrule and SlyPokerDog like this.
  10. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    So, MARIS is gone. Just received an email from him last evening. Apparently, no reason, no fanfare, no nothing. Simply gone. The question is why?

11. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Nope.

ABM likes this.
  12. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    I'll let him know.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  13. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

It might be that his shtick is so over the top that no one takes him seriously??? Maybe he moved to another message board that is more in line with his “views”………or one he can actually rile up? Hopefully he’ll return someday. He actually was reasonably entertaining…….

Phatguysrule likes this.
  14. Phatguysrule

LMAO! Anything to stir shit up...

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  15. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Since he's not banned, I suspect what he's doing (if this is true) is he's sending out an email making it appear that he's been banned/selectively banned from the board (thus why he planted that seed in the first place) but in reality, he's just using it as a way to play the victim.

Or he's taking a break and manipulating you into creating a narrative.

RR7 likes this.
  16. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I saw a post by Maris in a different thread where he made what I felt was a personal insult. Normally this is not a big deal. The vast majority of personal insults get deleted or edited. But Maris in the last few days has stated repeatedly that he has never insulted anyone on here. He has been in a mood these last couple of days and I was tired of it. I noticed that he was posting from out of the state so I temporarily blocked the specific IP address that he was posting from. His account was not banned but his ability to post from where he was located was blocked. I restored it a few hours later.

Lanny, Stevenson and Chris Craig like this.
  17. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I love how he pointed out only ME and the The Baking Lady From The Bay…… I just don’t get it. What are we doing to this guy? The best part was, look at the bottom of his long rant about how horrible this site is and how much of a victim he is….look who actually took the time to hit the LIKE button. You can’t make this shit up. Now off to do whatever that guy claimed I do.

SlyPokerCat and RR7 like this.
  18. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Thanks for sort of an explanation Sly, but I am in fact posting from my home here in Beautiful Central Oregon. Haven't even left the county since my return from Florida at the end of last month.

Not sure what led you to believe I was posting from out of state, but then I have never claimed to be a techie genius.

I don't come here to insult anyone. Like most of you, I come to exchange ideas and have 2/3/4-way conversations and learn what other posters are doing and thinking.

Like anyone, if I am insulted first, the gloves come off. I don't consider that insulting someone, merely self defense.

We can all be adult enough to admit the OT forum "mood" has shifted back and forth from it's inception, then like the rest of the world became much more volatile in 2016/2017.

When I (and others) would post a thought or something I saw in the news, I would be mocked for it and bombarded with demands to provide a link to support it, and I would. In fact, I went out of my way to include the links with my original posts. Nobody bothered to go to the links and see that yes, it was true/likely. Instead, the sources of information would be mocked without seeing what actual information they shared.

Personal thought? LMAO! Judicial Watch? Far-right organizations! FOX News? Not real news! Glenn Greenwald? Robert F Kennedy Jr.? Fringe lunatic!
    Any Conservative politician? Racist! Mahatma Ghandi? Attention seeker! (Okay I made that one up)

Unfortunately, providing evidence (not always proof) to support my post is not really what is wanted by some posters. What is wanted is for me to dismiss what I have learned each day and just think the same exact things they think, share identical opinions, and don't rock the boat.

They could just say they disagree with my viewpoint. I'll give their post a like, because I respect every American's Freedom of thought/speech.

They could block me, ignore me, or occasionally even prove me wrong by sharing how they came to their viewpoint. I've asked them to do all/any of that.
    They don't. Instead, their response is Racist! Moron! Troll! Sham account!

If I respond in kind, I get warned by Mods that I am violating the rules. Just me, not them.

Maybe you could PM me a Mod-approved strategy for handling these confrontations amicably so they don't escalate, other than just bowing to their childish ridicule?

19. Phatguysrule

Hmm... What happened in 2016 that could have changed things?

Ignoring posters like you is the attitude that got us that wonderful 2016/2017 effect you speak of.

RickyJoe and THE HCP like this.
  20. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I disagree with your viewpoint.

barfo

Phatguysrule likes this.