Bogus! Selective banning from selective threads of 1 or more selected posters

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

You do list yourself as a fictional character. Maybe people would take you more serious if you didn't.

You insulted a number of people in a single post yesterday

"This forum became ... a gathering of immature, intellectually lazy political pawns with no actual knowledge of politics or US history, spouting MSNBC soundbites in unison and attacking every moderate or slightly conservative poster who attempted to discuss pretty much anything."

I have personally removed insults against you recently and in the past. I saw Sly removed an insult against you too the other day upon looking into your claim the other day. Don't claim the mods leave them when they don't. If it's a personal insult and a mod sees it, it will be removed.

A good strategy would be to hit the report button if someone issues a personal insult towards you, that way you know it will get a mods attention. We aren't on here all day long, looking at every post. We miss stuff. We are human. But, we do mod what we see.

SlyPokerDog and calvin natt like this.
  2. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

it's really hard to insult Sly, and I've tired, many times

SlyPokerDog and MARIS61 like this.
  3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Maybe that's part of what's changed. People have no sense of humor. Or an inability to recognize it.

Do these same posters think Barfo is a real pirate? I give everyone here a little more credit than that.

Well, almost everyone.

4. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    But then he couldn't be the victim.

calvin natt likes this.
  5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Maybe. Alot of humor has gone out the door since 2016.

Wait, Barfo isn't a real pirate?

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  6. julius

singer songwriter
    I always assumed you weren't a real Craig, let alone, a real Chris.

Chris Craig and SlyPokerDog like this.
  7. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

Doesn’t come here to insult anyone and then proceeds to insult most everyone.

It’s so blatant he can’t even see it.

RR7 likes this.
  8. Chris Craig

200 (1).gif

RR7, SlyPokerDog and julius like this.
  9. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    By that I assume you mean my post about how the board has changed, and I admit that I worded it poorly as there are many (most) people here I had not intention of insulting. My post was about the atmosphere change here, but it's something many have nothing to do with. My apologies to anyone I may have offended.

It's a common fault many if not most humans have.

As for being so blatant I can't even see it, it's something I see here every day by a few posters directed at every conservative poster, and even most moderate liberal posters. It's done knowingly, smugly and hatefully, with the intention of driving away people who see life differently than they do. It's done to demean and humiliate them. It's done to trigger them in hopes they will lose their temper and respond in a way that gets them banned. It's been a marvelous success for them and they dance and party on the graves of each banned poster as if they are Medieval warriors and have driven away the evil hordes that came out of the woods to burn the castle.

All Republicans are racist! All Christians hate homosexuality! Yesterday I read both of these statements by the same poster, and it's a rather constant and very personal insult/attack by a handful of otherwise likeable posters and the Mods turn a blind eye to it every time. Too often to claim they don't see it. The posts got several likes.

I am neither Republican (lifelong Democrat who walked away during Obama's 2nd term, no party affiliation) nor Christian (not religious) but roughly half of everyone in my life is and I know both of these blanket accusations are beyond absurd and extremely ignorant.

True Christians do not have hate in their heart for anyone. It's kind of the very first thing you can't help notice about them from their actions. They are the ones who will stop the car when they see a homeless man/woman/family/pets on the highway and take them home with them, clothe them, feed them, help them find an advocate or employment or pay them to do odd jobs...They are the ones who will bring a family to the local motel and pay for a couple weeks of shelter for them, help them register the kids for school, fill out healthcare applications...

Most Republicans simply want smaller government as our country is designed to be because they didn't skip learning world history and know the only alternatives eventually lead to less Individual Freedom, which history has proven unavoidably means more Fascism/Communism/Totalitarianism and mass murder every single time. That's really it, just don't try to force other people to do your bidding and the typical Republican will not have any problem at all with you. Start pushing people around and all of a sudden you'll find one of them standing between you and your victim ready and willing to do battle at the drop of a hat.

:cheers:

10. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

But the Republicans most Republicans actually vote for are despicable human beings who want government to be so big it overflows into every aspect of every Americans personal life, including their beds and wombs, and support destroying the very air we breath and water we drink.

Small government my ass. Conservative my ass...

Most Republicans vote for fascism now. That's exactly what they support. Otherwise the Republican party wouldn't be the way it is.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    RickyJoe likes this.
  11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Your description is a lame attempt to equate people with which fraudster they vote for when only presented with a false choice of 2 or more equally fraudulent candidates. Democrats are in the same boat. Remember when Bernie totally demolished Clinton in the primary, then awkwardly withdrew at the convention and bought a third home?

Politics are a stage, and politicians are actors.

Voters are real people, have ideals and morals, and zero chance to attain actual representation.

12. julius

singer songwriter
    Remember when this totally unrelated thing happened that you're not going to look up because it is a red herring?

13. Chris Craig

All Republicans aren't racist and all Christians don't hate gay people, though most seem to be against gay people...maybe one can be against something and not be hateful, I don't know. There are many Republicans who are racist and many so called Christians who are hateful towards gay people. Should there be an all in all equating, no.

The Republican party has been overrun by some pretty extreme right wing people. The Republican politicians who prescribed to the establishment brand of politics you were speaking of have been ousted and vilified by this new branch of far right politics.

You want to compare the politicians on the left and the right? You have Politicians like Trump who don't have any idea what they are doing and are just grandstanding with hateful rhetoric. Like you said it's a stage, it's being used frighteningly and repulsively by politicians on the right who are taking Trump's que and the fringe has more and more come into the limelight.

The problem is we don't see alot of people on the right, openly and loudly saying this is not who we are. We see more and more people on the right accept this new vision.

Democrats have had far left candidates like Bernie, but have stayed establishment. I think part of that is with everything going on, on the right, Dems are trying trying to stay where it's safe. Part of it is the party itself, the people behind the scenes forced Bernie out. I'm not blind to that.

I don't really care for Biden. I have already voiced my displeasure with the parties status quo.

But, let's compare....Trump and his hateful rhetoric and Bernie an old dude wants healthcare for everyone. Trump and his hateful rhetoric and boring old Biden.

As for Christians, their religion tells them homosexuality is wrong and so they are against it, they vote against it, this pits them against a whole community of people and the party that stands with them.

As I view Christianity it seems like it should be more Christians live their life's accordingly and everyone else gets to live theirs accordingly. No laws necessary to push their points.

But, because alot of these laws (i.e. marriage laws) are based on the tenants of that religion and a large quantity of Republicans are christians, it's hard not to see that as them pushing their agenda on everyone else and there in lies the issue.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  14. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    You're a good guy with a huge heart Chris, but you're not seeing the big picture. All the political world's a stage, and nothing is as it seems. The voters are the rapt audience, the politicians are the actors seeking stardom, the parties are the writers and directors seeking control, the Oligarchs are the producers, who make all the decisions.

And Trump is the heckler who walks onstage in the middle of the play, killing the illusion.

15. julius

singer songwriter
    They may not be racist, but they sure are perfectly fine with people who are.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  16. julius

singer songwriter
    Funny to see you all the sudden not blindly support trump. You get a new script?

Phatguysrule and RR7 like this.
  17. Chris Craig

Oh, I see all of that. And that's a good way to put it.

I know behind the scenes Corporations and the rich are in control of things. I know politicians are in their pockets and we (the people) will likely get little from any politician, but I try to vote for those who give us something, even if it's just a morsel. I get we are really just all hamsters on a big fucking wheel going round and round, keeping the machine going.

For the longest time it's been establishment vs establishment and that status quo has kept people comfortably numb and the rich happy. But, people are waking up to it.

Trump did kill the illusion, I will give him that, but so did people like Bernie. They represent to very different ends of a spectrum.

The difference is Trump also brought some vile ideologies with him that have awoken some truly bad shit that we have been slowly putting away and working to move on from.

Bernie went after the rich, the people in control and that pissed them off. He wanted to change things to give the people back more control, and that wasn't going to be allowed to happen.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  18. Chris Craig

I would certainly do well for them to speak louder against it, if they are not for it. To let their positions be known, to say clearly that is not the Republican party I support or envision, that is not what I stand for.

Being silent and letting the silence speak for you is dangerous.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  19. Chris Craig

Maybe he's having a conversation.

Shaboid and SlyPokerDog like this.
  20. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

No Democrat in consideration is as bad as most Republicans leading the party.

I'm no fan of Democrats, but Republicans support the most harmful and least moral policies, and they vote for candidates based on those policies.