Self reminder is helpful at times...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Schilly, Jul 18, 2018.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Great post!

Orion Bailey and 42N8Bounce like this.
  2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Perfect!!!

riverman and 42N8Bounce like this.
  3. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

This is realuty... Riverman I'll be pulling for you I know you can do it. I've been around these boards and celebrated with people and wept for people and their struggles they share.

When I was younger I really invested my emotions into being a fan but the reality is there is zero validation received from being a fan. The success and failures of a sports franchise say absolutely nothing about any of us. Nothing whatsoever. The players always say they appreciate the fans and that is truth but they would appreciate them no matter what team they play for... we have nothing to do with how the team does so IMO it's better to understand this and just appreciate the distraction from reality that sport affords us.

4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

If we were injured all year and won 40 games, you'd say "we were injured all year, so once we're healthy, we'll be better", not "were a 40 win team, the injuries are moot".

Wait, so getting swept in April is us playing better than we were in Novemeber?

5. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Well kind of. There are obviously some posts in this thread I am not seeing, which makes it all very confusing to me.

Note: even though I quoted @riverman, nothing from here on down is directed at him in any way. He is a good dude and one of my favorite posters. Nope, everything from here on is aimed squarely at the miserable fucks who chose to come here and shit all over @Schilly's thread with their predictable "no positive thought shall go unchallenged" mentality.

It started out as a positive thread and seems to have immediately gone to shit (gee, big surprise). Some people are just such miserable fucks, that they can't stand to see anyone else even marginally happy for one fucking second and have to IMMEDIATELY start tearing them down. God what pathetic asswhipes. I'd hate to be that fucking miserable and negative all the time.

I really wish this forum would just subdivide into two subforums, one can be a 24/7/365 bitch fest where the nattering nabobs of negativity can complain about the team, the front office, the coaches and the owner to the contentment of their cold, dead hearts, and another for the people who actually enjoy cheering for this team.

For the past two years, every fucking game thread has devolved into a pointless pissing match - even in the summer league. If you're getting that upset about something in the summer league (especially when the team is going undefeated), you really need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Sports is entertainment. If you don't like what you're watching, change the fucking channel. Nobody is forcing you to watch and nobody will miss you. Nobody else wants to hear your constant whining and complaining. In fact we all just wish you would jump on the Warriors bandwagon. Go join their forum and post your whiny, negative posts in their game threads. Show the rest of us you are true Blazers fans and help bring down the enemy from within. Start advocating all kinds of unrealistic trade scenarios and then bitch to high heaven when they don't materialize. Start calling for Steve Kerr and Bob Meyers to be be fired. The first time Curry misses a few games and the Warriors still win, start multiple threads about how the team is actually better without him. Come on, you know how to do this - you've proven that time and time again in this forum. You've paid your dues, you've learned the ropes, now you're ready for the big time. Go on. Come on. Go. Yeah, just go.

Ok, @riveman was right. Thanks to the ignore poster feature, I won't have to actually read the responses of those I have offended. I just hope I've offended them sufficiently that they will return the favor and put me on ignore, too. Divisive, you say? Damn right it is. That's the whole point. This forum, as is, is completely dysfunctional and unenjoyable. It has been ruined by the constant negativity. If only the nabobs weren't so prolific. As I said above, they simply cannot allow one positive thought to go unchallenged. Fuck them.

BNM

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

c'mon...just voice an opinion and cease trying to rewrite mine...."you'd say"...what a bullshit way to start a post....voice your own take....stay out of mine please..

Boob-No-More likes this.
  7. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Well, trying to celebrate...

BNM

riverman likes this.
  8. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Some people don't get it. When you belittle the opposition, all you are doing is undercutting your own team's success. When you don't respect the other team, victory means nothing and defeat is an humiliation. IMHO, your attitude is much healthier! :drinkapint:

Orion Bailey likes this.
  9. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Agreed, @riverman we're all pulling for you.

For me, I relate to the 2nd part of Schillys post. But for me it was the passing of (too) many of my friends. Just made getting down/upset over a sports team not really worth the effort. The Blazers winning a title would be cool, but it won't make me a better person. It won't make me a better friend, brother, uncle, nephew, grandson, worker or better at my job. The team losing doesn't make me a worse friend, brother, uncle, nephew, grandson, worker or worse at my job.

I'm not saying that those of you who are more emotionally wrapped up in the team are vain or whatever. I'm just saying what worked for me.

I enjoy the team, and while I want them to win a title, it's such a small portion of who I am as a person, it won't be noticed by anyone if it happens or doesn't.

Wizard Mentor, mook, THE HCP and 6 others like this.
  10. BonesJones

I know you man... if you wouldnt then my bad. But be honest, wouldnt you say that?

11. BonesJones

This is false and you know it.

12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

you can read my posts..disagree with them..but you don't get to write them or make blanket assumptions about me...you don't actually know me...or get to question my integrity....I've had this conversation with you many times...at some point, you should respect it...so far...I'm not holding my breath. For the zillionth time bones...stick to the OP and stop with the personal digs or projections ...Schilly and many great great posters have all but abandoned the site over this tone of posturing...I'm not interested in any of it anymore. I'm thrilled to have Schilly back...we've lost many of our best forum members over the last two years because of this pattern of posting...this is supposed to be fun...try that for a change...boob no more said it best...read his post

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Boob-No-More likes this.
  13. BonesJones

I was simply pointing out that I think you'd use the logic you're portraying as "stupid" if the situation was different. That's not a big deal man, but I said that if I was wrong, then my bad.. And so I asked a simple, harmless question: if you honestly thought you wouldn't, use that logic in a different situation, that's all man. If my posts upset you, I apologize.

I don't think I'm being negative, I'm playing the middle ground, and I'm not whining about things, so I didn't think it applied to me. I just see people using the same logic in different situations, based on their optimism or pessimism, and then calling out others for said logic. I feel like if people could see that, wed have better dialogue, so that was the point of this. We don't have to discuss it further though, just didnt want to upset you, as I was really trying not to. I hope you have a good rest of your night.

14. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

Schilly - the man, the myth, the legend. :clap::cheers:

THE HCP, Wizard Mentor and riverman like this.
  15. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Yeah, no.

Phatguysrule and riverman like this.
  16. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Maybe it’s because I’m one of them but the forum doesn’t seem all that negative to me. I get what you’re saying but complaining about the complainers doesn’t usually do much good.

I actually really appreciated this thread, the perspective was good.

17. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the Blazers don’t make the playoffs. The West is brutal. There’s like 9 teams fighting for 6 playoffs spots after Houston and GS. Blazers to me could finish in 3rd again or be one of those teams that misses out the margin for error is so small.

18. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

the "Little Miss can't be wrong" crowd ruins it for me.the inability to understand another's point of view/perspective then the acrimony, bitching and moaning about others perspective drags on for pages in our game day threads, then carries over to the next ones. it gets very old very fast.. i reload every day, depending on our opponent. i try try to temper my expectations with the fact that as has been stated before, how many teams have actually won a championship or even made it into the second round in last five years? pelican fans experienced it for first time in forever last year, us, we made it too(after beating clips) , yet many couldn't enjoy the moment, but had to point out again and again that we were undeserving because of injuries and that there should be no joy in portland.

42N8Bounce, Boob-No-More and riverman like this.
  19. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I logged on this morning for no other reason than to “like” this post. Then I hit the “like” button another couple dozen times just because it felt so good. Great post Boob........maybe pissing into the wind but it damn sure needed to be said!

20. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

"To resist is to piss in the wind
    Anyone who does will end up smelling
    Knowing this
    Why do I defy?"

Name the song. If someone were to actually name it i'd be super impressed!