Senior Bowl Rosters

Discussion in 'College Football' started by panthersare#1, Jan 23, 2006.

1. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

when is the game?

2. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

The senior bowl is this saturday at 3 pm EST on ESPN

3. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

ty sir. [​IMG]

4. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

My bad, it comes on at 4pm EST, on ESPN.

I really want to see how Cutler does, he seems like he is on the edge of being a high pick

5. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Some say he has all the physical tools but lacks the discipline, some have compared him to Kyler Boller(ugh!) I think he'll be twice as good as Boller but with QBs you never can tell!

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Some guys who raised their status were:
    Tambi Hali, Charlie Whitehurst, Domnique Byrd, Manny Lawson, Micheal Robinson's running skills, Sinorce Moss, Darrel Tapp, Max Jean Gilles, Tye Hill, Nick Mangold, Denaglo Williams

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I'm not sure if Robinson raised his status. At least not at QB. He proved he could maybe project elsewhere but from the expectations of being compared to a Hines Ward or Matt Jones type of player. You know converting from QB to WR he obviously isn't on that kind of a level coming out of school.

I'd have too say Gabe Watson's stock went up the most. Not saying guys like Manny Lawson didn't maybe put in a solid round 1 grade but Watson who was a big time underacheiver this year really played well and proved he could be a great 3-4 nose tackle. Best run stuffing lineman in the draft in my opinion.

As for who went down. I give that honor to Mathias Kiwanuka. Was more like a boom or bust pick anyways but needed a decent practice/bowl to probably put himself in the top 20. Now I think he could fall to maybe even early round 2. Manny Lawson in my opinion is the better tweener of the two.

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

When Manny Lawson ran down Robinson from behind it proved that lawson has some tremdous speed.

I think Derek Hagans draft stock has really droped because he drops so many balls and he always tryes to cradle the ball instead of catching it with his hands.

9. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I really did not think Ferguson (OT) was worth of the hype. Marcus McNeill (Auburn) was impressive especilally showing the athletic ability after catching the deflected pass.

Aromashodu (WR Auburn), Max Jean-Gilles (OG Georgia), & Howard (OLB UTEP) really impressed me.

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I like Howard but Jean-Giles even though he played a great game showed a lot of inconsistency during the practices. Practices are actually just as important as the game if not more. That's the Senior Bowl

Sinorice Moss really played great all week and won the MVP of the game it's self. I think he solidify at least a round 2 grade.

11. Cowher&Frown Co.

Cowher&Frown Co. nfl-*****s member

i think cutler will actually go third to tennesse...

12. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Nah, I think Cutler will go mid first round to a team like Miami Dolphins?

13. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nah, I think Cutler will go mid first round to a team like Miami Dolphins?</div>
    I hope so. The word is Mularkey likes QB's w/ some mobility. How did Cutler do in that dept during practice?

Gradkowski (Toledo), Reggie McNeal (TX A & M), Basanez (NWestern), or Drew Olson (UCLA) would be my preferences if Cutler is gone & they can be had in rounds 3, 4, & 5

14. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowher&Frown Co.)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think cutler will actually go third to tennesse...</div>
    Leinart will go to Tennessee. Norm Chow (former Trojan OC) is now the Titans OC.

It may be just me, but, didn't it seem like Leinart did not do as well this season after Chow left?

15. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Already eliminated the fact that the Saints have an earlier pick than Tennessee? I think Leinhart will go to the Saints.

16. Cowher&Frown Co.

Cowher&Frown Co. nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Leinart will go to Tennessee. Norm Chow (former Trojan OC) is now the Titans OC.

It may be just me, but, didn't it seem like Leinart did not do as well this season after Chow left?</div>
    you are right Leinart didnt do that well but Norm Chow didnt help much at Tenn. either...i think Cutler will go to Tennesse because the Saints said they will most likely get Leinart...and Jeff Fisher is coaching Cutler in the Senior Bowl i think...

17. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>I really did not think Ferguson (OT) was worth of the hype.</div>
    You must not have seen the practice footage....by far, D'Brickeshaw Ferguson was the best player at the senior bowl.....he dominanted everyone he practiced against....in pass pro, he did exactly what you want from a premier LT, running the speed rushers right around the pocket and stoning the bull rushers....since he isnt likely to get picked until 4-10, Id say hes the early steal of the draft....

18. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Thomas Howard and D'Quell jackson both did really good at the linebacker postion. I thought Howard played the pass well, and on the touchdown that he guarded the tight end he had great coverage on him, the TE just made the play.

Max Jean Gilles the best run blocker in the ncaa but in the passing blocking he is a little lacking, if the guy he is guarding has a shot of moving to the left or right of him, with a quick move he could get past him.

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Jean-Giles needs to stay in shape. Charles Spencer is going to get a higher grade than him. Spencer can actually move which is what teams are looking for more and more now a days at guard.

Latest word is the Saints will draft Matt Leinart and the Titans will go Vince Young. Saints want a more polished QB and a guy who is the best NFL ready player. That's Leinart. They don't have time for another big project in my opinion and that's what Young is.

Cutler could go as high as #4 to the Jets and as low as #16 to the Dolphins. I actually think a team like Detriot or Arizona may look at him at the end of thet top ten.

Ferguson won't fall pass #8 to Buffalo. This guy is a beast. Him and DeAngelo Williams were the two best seniors at the bowl for sure in my opinion.

20. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I think the Texans should trade down to #4 and take Ferguson....they had a good RB and they have a good QB and they have a good #1 WR and they are all young.....put those together and what do you have? TRIPLETS! dynasties are built on triplest, but you need lineman....and that starts at LT....get as much as you can to move down a few, get the brick and give Carr a chance to succeed....