Series Over?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by DDolla, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Saw him at the Magical Mystic Ballon Festivle in Sunnyvale, along with Quicksilver, Moby Grape,
    Buffalo Springfield, Steve Miller.
    Morrison was arrested for bangin his monkey on stage.

Chris Craig likes this.
  2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Another reason to not like the doors I guess.

3. deiondeion

deiondeion Member

I think the problems with the Blazers on offense is 3-fold. #1 they've lost confidence, #2 have abandoned each 'new' gameplan too quickly and #3 they have become predictable.

For #1, Game 1 was huge for momentum. I think since that close victory, Portland has tried to force too much instead of playing their game. You know, their game, the one that got them to the #3 seed in a very talented Western Conference

For #2, Nurkic was killing us in game 2 when him and Dame would run the 2 man game. I think he had something like 15 points in 13 minutes or something crazy like that. Idk why Stotts didnt stick with that game plan. They abandoned it too soon

For #3, iso is not what can get Portland back in it. It's predictable and it's what the Pels have defended so well. Classic idea of 'play smarter, not harder.' The Blazers can get back in the game with more off-ball movement, more screens, more passes/assists, and looking for more high-quality shots. Yall got a lot of good looks in Game 1, but couldn't hit. I felt like yall didn't need to change much going into Game 2 because those good looks would fall, but I think there was an overcorrection and again they lost confidence and abandoned their game plan.

I think Stotts needs to take a few things from each game and implement them if he wants to win in New Orleans. I think Portland can (even though I hope they don't).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Is monkey slang for penis or did he actually have a monkey

5. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

You don't watch the team often enough. These are problems that are ongoing. Stotts hasn't emphasized ball movement all year. His sets don't accomplish enough and he doesn't have enough of them. Nothing will change.

Dame can score in isolation though. Ius better than constantly getting him trapped.

6. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    A close back breaking game for us is a close back breaking game for them.

But forget about that, I want to win the next 3 by wide margins. Game 7? Yeah, it can be close and we can still pull it out at home.

Did I say I like dreams?

7. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

You got it right!