Series Over?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by DDolla, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    At the moment it does feel like its over from because we have a giant hill to climb but i'm just going to take it one game at a time. At the moment we have a 7% chance to win the series, if we win this game it goes to a 21% chance and then if we win game 2 we have over a 50%. Its pretty much a win or go home for at least the next game.

2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

If they lose game three the series is over. But i won't say it is over until they are down 0-3. If they win game three? Anything can happen.

Lanny likes this.
  3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I like it too, but there's a difference between enthusiasm and support compared to stuff such as claiming a championship then claiming a 1st round win when we're in the position we're in... ita the same stuff over and over again and... I dunno... When we're struggling I'm irritable. Not as much in person but I let loose on here. I tried to cater to the people always giving me shit for a few months but they still gave me shit so now I say what I feel and let loose. Many posts on here are a reflection of how people's personal lives are going.. So a lot of extreme plositivity for someone who doesn't have much positivity in there life can be annoying... whatever.. I'm rambling. Just saying my piece.

4. BonesJones

Stupid. That's a Terry Stotts effect though. Terry probably tells him that, which makes me sick.

You try and take better shots. You should never aim to take tough shots. None of the greats in the game currently would say something like that. He's basically saying "I need to do a better job of playing hero-ball"...

When teams overplay defensively (which the Pelicans are doing) there's always a weakness to exploit. You don't play into their hand...

WillG and tester551 like this.
  5. BonesJones

He needs to be more aggressive in seeking out better shots. The coaching staff also needs to put Lillard in a position to exceed which they aren't doing, but Dame won't admit, so I guess that's all he can say.

6. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Not over tell the fat lady sings!
    Believe...

7. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Dame will be able to focus more on the road.
    He’s been on an emotional ride with the birth in Lil Dame and probably hard to focus completely st home. Hey, it’s an adjustment that even great athletes have to take on.
    Rip City

BonesJones likes this.
  8. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    If they lose Game 3 and win Game 4, anything can happen too.

9. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    In a situation like this I might pretend to be irritable but I'm really not. I'll save that for if we get swept.

BonesJones likes this.
  10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Jesus. Bones, king? Take that shit to private messages. What a waste of a read. ;)

I doubt anyone cares who is betting who for what. Just sayin.

SIeepwalker likes this.
  11. kjironman1

Lets put it this way. If they lose game 3 and they win both game 4 and 5 then i will agree that anything can indeed happen. I am not giving up hope yet. That just is not the way this game works. But if they fall tonight??? No team has come back to win after losing the first three. Teams up 3-0 are a perfect 119-0 when it comes to who advances. Only three times has a team been able to even force a Game 7. The last time it happened was in 2003.

There is quite a bit of difference to the results I found for those with a 2-0 series lead. Those clubs only managed to cover the spread at a 44.3% clip in Game 3. With a 3-0 series lead, they are an impressive 34-23-3 (59.6%) ATS.
    I personally wasn’t all that surprised to see this result. When you are down 0-2, you still have a realistic chance of making it a series if you can win Game 3.

The Blazers are going to put everything they have into that game. If they do that and come out on the losing end, it’s not going to be easy to bounce back with that same kind of effort in Game 4. This is why it's imperative to win tonight. You also have to take into consideration that when a team takes a 3-0 lead, they are clearly the better side. They also get a boost of energy knowing they can close things out and rest up before the next round starts. We all know the Warriors will be looking to close out the Spurs ASAP. If the Pels win tonight they most certainly will be looking for a sweep so they can be just as well rested.

Where the data i'm looking at gets murky is the fact that the Blazers were the higher seed. When the sweep is by the 1st, 2nd or 3rd seed team it's pretty clear that even a 2-0 lead is a huge advantage. It has never happened that a #8 seed swept a #1 or a #7 swept a #2. There have been upsets where the lower seed won the series but Sweeps????

If the Blazers do indeed get swept in this series it will go down as one of the biggest upsets ever in the history of the game. That is why i am going to go with them winning at least one game. Hopefully it will be tonight. The thing is the pressure is truly on the Blazers to perform.

12. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

13. kjironman1

Never quite could get into the Doors.

14. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

My favorite band

Orion Bailey and kjironman1 like this.
  15. kjironman1

More of a Aerosmith kind of guy here.

Chris Craig likes this.
  16. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Are you serious? It wouldn't be an upset let alone a big upset. They won one less game than us.

And as for 119-0, that stat has no bearing on what we can accomplish. And if you agree that you think we're in it if we lose Game 3 but win games 4 & 5, well then tonight isn't must win.

17. kjironman1

But as far as a #6 sweeping a 3rd seed it would be one of the biggest upsets ever. We are talking about the Blazers getting swept in the first round. Not just getting beat but swept.
    I personally don't think it will happen at least i hope not.

BonesJones likes this.
  18. kjironman1

That is just crazy talk. But you are known for your emphatic enthusiasm. Not gonna try to argue with you on this. Tonight is a must win game IMO. If they lose it this series is all but over.

19. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    If this was a Best of 5, then yes, the series would be over. Ask the Yankees how over their World Series was when they took a 3-0 lead over the cursed Boston Red Sox.

20. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

So you're saying it's over then?

BonesJones and THE HCP like this.