Series Preview: Chicago Bulls v.s. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by Midnight Green, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Duhon seems scared to shoot take him out of the game he thinks about the shot pulls it down and passes. Put in Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, Sweets, and Chandler. That is our best lineup!

2. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

Duhon and Gordon make really stupid mistakes.

3. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

Hinrich can't make a shot. Gordon goes away every game. And we foul like crazy.

Why does Gordon look for a 3 everytime, especially when he's not making them, and when a guy is open in the middle of the lane.

4. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

8 points, we aint out of this.

5. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

Bulls help on defense every time and they leave a guy wide open.

6. I-Miss-MJ

6 points, come on Bulls.

7. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

Another turnover... And our defense is horrible.

Every guy they pass to is wide open...

Another turnover...

I'm so pissed.

Walker left open, but he doesn't make the trey.

8. Midnight Green

Why is everybody on the Bulls falling all over the court? Come on!

9. I-Miss-MJ

Wade hits the 3 point dagger.

10. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

They sure aren't proving anybody wrong on their inexpirence today. And how they will get out of the first round this season.

11. I-Miss-MJ

just one quarter is costing us - this one.

12. I-Miss-MJ

game over.

13. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting I-Miss-MJ:</div><div class="quote_post">just one quarter is costing us - this one.</div>
    I think it was like every quarter, they've played bad all game.

They can't play defense. Can't make a shot. Turn the ball over every possesion. And a million fouls, some may not have been but, still are.

This is all for today's game, hopefully they never play like this again.

Every since Wade has come in the Bulls have sucked.

14. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

Hopefully they will be prepared next game. Especially with way better defense and hopefully our shots fall at the UC.

We should have put Pargo in to knock down some shots when we were on the drought.

15. I-Miss-MJ

man what should be a 4 - 1 bulls series win is a 3-2 staring into the barrell defeat series.

I hope this goes to Game 7 no matter what the result in Game 7 will be.

16. Bulls=Amazing

Bulls=Amazing JBB chea

We sucked it up in game 5. Nothing was going in for us, in and out of the basket all night. And when we had the chance to catch up late in the 4th Dwayne Wade and the Heat stepped it up and took the W. I would love to see us win the series but more importantly I'm so happy that we saw our team really play like winners in the playoffs thus far. It looks like the team really got an idea of what the playoffs are this year and I'm very proud of our guys. OMG I just realized I'm talking like this is over or something. It's definetly not over. We'll be back in the United Center come thursday, GO BULLS!

17. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SP23:</div><div class="quote_post">Hopefully they will be prepared next game. Especially with way better defense and hopefully our shots fall at the UC.

We should have put Pargo in to knock down some shots when we were on the drought.</div>

In my opinion both Teams played horrobly the first 3 qtrs. And yes pargo should have been in earlier ( Skiles doesnt trust him for reasons unknown). BUt to put it simple chicago choked. 4th qtr turnovers. BUt we will win game 6. Game 7 is gonna be rough tho.

Go Bulls!!!

18. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">[IMGR]http://www.nba.com/media/heat/DWade2_300_060502.jpg[/IMGR]Dwyane Wade might wake up sore on Wednesday but he sure feels great right now.

Shortly after taking a nasty fall that left him hobbled, Wade returned in near-heroic fashion to spark the Miami Heat to a critical 92-78 victory over the Chicago Bulls in Game Five of their first-round series.

Antoine Walker contributed 17 points and Shaquille O'Neal 16 for Miami, which rebounded from road losses in the last two contests to take a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. The Heat can advance to the conference semifinals with a victory in Chicago on Thursday.

"We needed this win tonight," said O'Neal, who added 10 rebounds and three blocks. "We want to try and close them out on Thursday."

Miami appeared to be in serious trouble as it trailed, 55-50, with less than six minutes remaining in the third quarter. Wade was out of the game with a bruised hip that he sustained late in the second quarter and O'Neal was saddled with four fouls.

"I got a shot and I knew the medicine would kick in," Wade said. "I saw we were down by five and Shaq was hit with his fourth foul, and I said to the trainer that I was OK. I saw the opportunity at the timeout to get in there right away and try to contribute. He was working on me but I had to be out there."

Wade re-entered the game with 5:50 left in the third period and promptly sparked the Heat on a 16-6 run over the next 10 minutes that totally changed the momentum of the game.

"The first two minutes was pretty rough on me," said Wade, who recorded the 23rd 20-point effort of his postseason career. "It was very sore and tight. I told my teammates I wasn't going to out there too long, but as I started moving around it got looser and looser. I felt good after that. I didn't know how effective I would be, but it was good enough that I was able to help my team pull out a win."

Wade, who finished 9-of-10 from the line, made a pair of free throws to tie it at 55-55 with 3:39 to play in the third and drilled a 15-foot jumper 1 1/2 minutes later to give Miami a two-point lead.

The third-year superstar opened the fourth with a stepback jumper before Gary Payton and James Posey each made a basket. On the next two trips, Wade found O'Neal for a thunderous alley-oop and knocked down a bank shot for a 71-61 lead with 8:12 on the clock.

"He's always going 110 percent, but he sort of slowed down a bit," said Posey, who returned from a one-game suspension to score 12 points and grab eight rebounds. "But he still made shots and found guys and did what he does. ... He was in a lot of guys faces saying, 'Let's get it done.'"

The Bulls clawed within 77-73 on two free throws by Mike Sweetney with 4:47 left, but Payton answered with a floater and Wade drilled just his 14th 3-pointer of the season - and first of the series - to restore a nine-point lead.

The league's fifth-leading scorer during the regular season, Wade finished with 28 points on 9-of-18 shooting, adding five assists and five rebounds. He scored 15 of his points after returning from the injury, which he sustained with 2:35 left in the first half on a mid-air collision with the 270-pound Sweetney.

"Tonight we felt a little bit of pressure and once Dwyane went down, it was a shock," Heat coach Pat Riley said. "We all got stunned, but we were able to weather the storm not knowing what was going to happen to him. Strange things happen when you think things are at their worst."

"Wade came back and he and Shaq did what superstars are supposed to do. They're supposed to take over the game," Sweetney added. "They got their team going and their confidence going."

Limited to 26 minutes, O'Neal made 7-of-9 shots from the field but knocked down just 2-of-12 free throws as Miami connected on only 22-of-41 as a team.

Chicago was led by 23 points from Andres Nocioni, who made 6-of-11 shots and also grabbed a team-high 10 boards. However, the Bulls ultimately were unable to overcome the shooting woes of Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich, who combined for only 19 points on 6-of-29 shooting.

"We felt like we got good looks," said Hinrich, who scored nine points on 3-of-13 shooting and also committed six of Chicago's 19 turnovers. "I think they definitely made adjustments. They tried to be a little more aggressive against our pick-and-roll game. But with all that said, we just didn't do a good enough job."

Bulls center Tyson Chandler, who was listed as questionable after spraining his right ankle late in Game Four, played only four minutes off the bench in this one. He did not attempt a field goal while committing five fouls and a turnover.

The first half was not pretty offensively for either team. Miami entered intermission with a 40-38 lead despite shooting under 37 percent from the field and making only 10-of-20 free throws. Chicago was not much better, missing all eight of its 3-pointers and shooting a pitiful 34 percent.

"When the time came to make plays, they made a flurry," Bulls coach Scott Skiles said. "That coupled with some very poor decisions that we made (and) in a matter of minutes the game was gone." </div>
    <div align="center">
    Recap l Box Score</div>

19. number99

number99 JBB JustBBall Member

u know we won't give up this easy, i kinda agreed with the commentatorsin the 4th they diudn't swing the ball around and teh offense didn't spark, but theyll give evrything the next two games

20. I-Miss-MJ

no matter the final result i just hope it goes to game 7