Series Thread: #3 Orlando Magic vs. #6 Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Chutney, Apr 18, 2008.

1. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Apr 28 2008, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'll go make an Official Raptors Off season Thread right now!</div>
    read my mind!!
    do it up

2. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

Hey at least we have the longest playoff thread in this board....that should be worth something no?

3. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

It is. Good season boys.

4. Kaz

Kaz Member

it wasnt a sweep, but congrats to the magic, very impressed

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Well congrats to the Magic. I hope they advance far. Even though I ragged on most of their roster in my homerish ways, I really do like the majority of their players.

The last two games were tough to deal with and the entire series just seemed to sum up a frustrating season. I kind of regret going out to a bar to watch the last one. Sure I could cuss without bothering anyone else in my family, but there were some douchebag Raps fans sitting next to me that were just asking for a punch.

I know people will assume that this was just a routine series where the better team got the job done, but I don't think its that simple. The Magic clearly have a better roster, but the difference in talent was not as big as people made it out to be. We may lack the big names of Orlando, but top-to-bottom, we had a deeper roster that played a style of ball that could stick it to the Magic. The Raptors aren't a bunch of scrubs surrounding Chris Bosh (like most Americans and that fat fuck, Doug Smith, seem to think). They're a collection of talented but misused offensively-oriented players. This team is a 3 or 4 seed that played like a borderline playoff squad from the All-Star break onwards and they barely showed up for a series that they could've/should've pushed to 6 or 7 games. I place most of the blame for that on the coach. Hopefully we get some changes this summer.

6. pegs

pegs My future wife.

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Yea, but that's a Lakers game thread. 5 of their posts has about the same substance as one regular post.

8. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

I still <3 you Chutney...

[​IMG] This is going to be an intense rivalry for the next decade. You guys will have your shot soon enough.

9. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Apr 28 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I still <3 you Chutney...

[​IMG] This is going to be an intense rivalry for the next decade. You guys will have your shot soon enough.</div>
    Dude, I feel like you at the end of last season. Hopeful but incredibly frustrated with my coach.

I hope the Raps step it up next year, because I love our rivalry so far and I want it to stay competitive.

10. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Apr 28 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yea, but that's a Lakers game thread. 5 of their posts has about the same substance as one regular post.</div>

We love your hate Chut, don't worry. [​IMG]

11. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Apr 28 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Apr 28 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yea, but that's a Lakers game thread. 5 of their posts has about the same substance as one regular post.</div>

We love your hate Chut, don't worry. [​IMG]
    </div>
    Someone has to bring you damn Lakers fan down from your high horse. You're all so happy, just because you're going to sweep the Nuggets in the first round and have legitimate championship aspirations. I miss the apathetic, Kupchak-bashing Lakers fans that desperately hoped that Kobe winning the MVP award could somehow redeem another mediocre season.

12. bbwSwish

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Apr 28 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Apr 28 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I still <3 you Chutney...

[​IMG] This is going to be an intense rivalry for the next decade. You guys will have your shot soon enough.</div>
    Dude, I feel like you at the end of last season. Hopeful but incredibly frustrated with my coach.

I hope the Raps step it up next year, because I love our rivalry so far and I want it to stay competitive.
    </div>

Yeah, I've been in that boat. It's not too fun but it'll get better.

Look at the positives: Your GM is great at scouting while our GM drafts the Fran Vazquez's and JJ Redick's of the league. Also, I've heard rumors that Smith will be fired and Mike D'Antoni could be headed to Toronto. That'd be great for you guys. D'Antoni would make the most of Kapono, help Bosh improve his game, and provide direction and the style of play that this team needs. You guys are one of the best at finding foreign talent and if the success of the San Antonio Spurs is any indication, the future is going to be bright for you guys.

13. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

lol, commence the compliment-fest now that the series is over.

I have to say, one thing that completely took me off guard was the play of Jameer Nelson. Everybody assumed that the Raptors would own Orlando in the point guard matchup, but Jameer outperformed TJ Ford every game and was noticeably abused by the Raps PG's in only one game (the Game 3 win). Aside from that, he really stepped it up and took it to us. He took advantage of our weak perimeter D and was consistent with his shooting too. That clutch performance in Game 4 was pretty awesome.

14. bbwSwish

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Apr 28 2008, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lol, commence the compliment-fest now that the series is over.</div>

I still dislike Bosh. He's talented but he gets on my nerves. You guys aren't the enemy anymore so I've cooled down a bit. [​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Apr 28 2008, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have to say, one thing that completely took me off guard was the play of Jameer Nelson. Everybody assumed that the Raptors would own Orlando in the point guard matchup, but Jameer outperformed TJ Ford every game and was noticeably abused by the Raps PG's in only one game (the Game 3 win). Aside from that, he really stepped it up and took it to us. He took advantage of our weak perimeter D and was consistent with his shooting too. That clutch performance in Game 4 was pretty awesome.</div>

I wrote an article saying he would be our X-Factor. His play is directly correlated with our success. While I knew this, I thought Jameer would choke (like last year against Detroit) and continue his inconsistent play. All season, he's been off and inconsistent. He really stepped it up though and I just hope he can keep it or else we'll be in bad shape against the Pistons/Sixers.