Seriously Houston fans...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Natebishop3, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

2. blazerboy30

blazerboy30 Well-Known Member

Their fans are too dumb to understand the difference between the referee miscounting or not knowing the rules (which resulted in a replay of the game) versus a referee missing a judgement call (which has never caused a replay).

Morons.

3. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

4. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I wonder if they'll link to this forum (or another one) if Houston wins and the reffing is as sloppy.

5. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

they even called a lane violation lol

6. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Well I guess we should just blow them the fuck out on weds and shut everyone up

7. GoBlazersGo

GoBlazersGo Well-Known Member

Now THAT is what I'm fuckin' talkin' about, Mags'! Dame is goin' to PACK BEVERLY'S SHIT AGAIN!

8. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I'm disappointed in the mods at ClutchFans. They now are choosing to "review" any post I make before it is allowed to post. I must have made 25-30 posts since this afternoon and nothing has posted. In reality, they've banned me, but are too chickenshit to say so. And for what? Because my comments about Beverley risking long term damage to his knee and that the refs also make crap calls against us "upset" the delicate sensibilities of the Rockets fan base.

So much for interforum dialogue. I had so many opportunities to troll and was on my very best behavior. Yet, they couldn't even take the least bit of disagreement that the loss was completely the refs' fault.

9. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Houston fans have legitimately convinced themselves that they lost because of the refs. It's a fucking riot.

10. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

To be fair. We probably would have done the same. The game thread was headed that way until we won. Nba refs fucking suck. No question. The key is our players dont do it.They come to play. Rockets are a bunch of flopping bitches so when reffing doesnt bail them out thats all they can focus on.

11. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Foster and Salvatore both were trying to fix the game, but were working different sides. I'm glad the corrupt official working our side of the line won.

Eastoff likes this.
  12. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

How awesomely screwed up would it be if that were actually the case. Two officials working the same game, with money on different outcomes, each doing their best to exert their influence in the direction that suits them.

It's like referee survivor. Outcheat, outlast, outscrew.

Eastoff likes this.
  13. TripTango

TripTango Quick First Step

Sad. I read the full exchange, and thought you were going out of your way to be respectful.

Ah well -- if their mods prefer to insulate themselves into a little homer bubble, I suppose that's their prerogative. Still sad, especially since there were a few posters over there who actually did seem interested in productive discussion.

14. cmeese47

cmeese47 Well-Known Member

This thread is unbearable to read, do you know why the Houston fans feel like they were cheated and no its not cause they are stupid whining bitches, it is because the NBA admitted that the refs screwed up a major call with 10 seconds to go in the game. When the NBA comes out and says you got screwed, well you have the right to complain.

Point is there were bad calls on both sides all game but only one team had the NBA come out and say they screwed up. Houston like it or not was the home team and they deserved to get that call at the end of the game, the same way Portland would have deserved the call had they been at home.

15. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The idea that the location of the game should have an impact on the manner of officiating is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Yes, we all understand that home teams often do receive favorable calls, but nobody (except you, apparently) would contend that the home team deserves that extra benefit.

16. julius

singer songwriter
    well, if that was the 100% reason they lost.

Teams don't "deserve" the call because they're the home team.

fouls deserve to be called because they're fouls. Like when Howard threw Joel down, or elbowed Lopez in the gut.

There are times when Blazer players deserve to be called for fouls too.

17. TripTango

TripTango Quick First Step

In the context of a typical NBA game, I'd completely agree with you. In the context of this particular game, one of the most poorly called games I can remember seeing, ever, it's more than a little disingenuous for the NBA to single out and recognize one single bad call out of the gaddam cornucopia of officiating failures that went on over 53 minutes.

I don't blame Houston fans for being frustrated with the officiating -- any fan of the game, partial or not, was likely disgusted by the refs that game. But c'mon. A petition to replay the last 10 seconds? Might as well go back the start of overtime. Or the 4th quarter. Or hell, let's just replay the whole damn thing. As much as I'd hate to lose the W, at least that might actually restore some credibility to the league's officiating. Calling the foul on Dwight the single most significant officiating failure is just statistically false, and does nothing to help the public perception of NBA fairness.

BBert likes this.
  18. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Just remember, it was Bennet Salvatore that gave Kevin McHale a high five in the 3rd quarter.

19. cmeese47

cmeese47 Well-Known Member

Well considering the context of when the foul occurred it was the most significant officiating failure of the game. Houston down 1 already after Lillard got a phantom foul call on Beverly and the And 1, and Howard fouls out there and Freeland gets to add a second free throw. Howard should have had the opportunity to tie the game or take the lead from the stripe, whether he makes 1, 2 or none that is how the game should have been called.

Other than that Houston had several other calls that should have gone their way, Matthews reach in foul on his 2:54 left steal from Beverly went against them, Matthews shoving Harden in the back as he caught the inbounds with 2.8 left was another no call that could have easily been a foul. Portland fans are crying about the Lopez call, which was the right call, Howard was in the paint and Lopez was moving the whole time that is a defensive foul. They are also calling about Freeland being pushed but if you want the replay he never got in front of Howard and appeared to be off balance and fall while arm fighting with Howard that certainly is not a foul on Howard. Lamarcus did the same thing although much more blantantly in the first quarter and it was not called. Basically, the game was poorly handled especially late.

20. julius

singer songwriter
    So, why no mention of when Harden kicked his leg out on the 3 point shot?

Neither team gained more than the other.