Shaq disses Kobe bigtime and didn't even have to say his name...

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Accord, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, I happened to stop by my ESPNEWS channel and catch Shaq's joke, especially the one in which he dissed Kobe Bryant. Shaq sometimes is such a huge headcase. Why can't this man just let by gones be bygones and simply tell the Miami media that he's happy to be a Miami Heat rather than slamming his former teammate? Kobe, on the other hand, even if he meant it or not, actually pointed out that it's somewhat of a sad day that his partner in crime wasn't with him anymore. That's the way you gotta go. You shouldn't bring up beef that's already been blown up and destroyed in the past.

Referring to realdealbneal's quote about Shaq not having talent, people should just take a second, get two cotton swabs, and clean out the earwax from their ears and listen for a change. OF COURSE Shaq is going to lose his talent! The man is 32 years old for crying out loud, he can't play an 82 game season anymore, he fakes injuries, (especially the so-called calf injury he suffered and sat out 12 games) the blows he receives from opposing teams take a furious toll on his body, and the man is just straight up lazy. I've been watching Laker games for years, I've especially been watching Shaq's domination for a number of years, and Shaq just isn't the same man he was since he won the Finals MVP in 2000. And now he wants a contract extension that'll eat up another team's financial stability?? Heh, good luck Miami. Because when he's 35 and crippled at the feet with deterioration written all over his 360 pound aching body, you'd wish that he never came to the Heat. Now my point being, is realdealbneal wrong about Shaq not having talent? Hell no, He's speaking the truth. Something you people just seem to misinterpret.</div>

It's certainly a hell of a lot more convincible then putting your finger through a window. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">So you would seriously love to see Dwyane Wade win a ring and become a BJ Armstrong clone right after Shaq retires, just for the cost of one ring? Reggie Miller is still Reggie Miller, and he hasn't won a ring...but he's had a successful career, and his name isn't ruined by not winning. Charles Barkley is one of the best ever, but he never won a ring. Sometimes, winning a championship isn't as important as being a great player and leading your team to hard-fought victories (or hard-fought losses). In the end, it should pay off...ask the Pistons. I really didn't know who was going to win the Finals MVP this year, because all 5 starters deserved it...but with the Heat, it'll be Shaq if they want a ring...just like the Lakers and Kobe had to lay down for him, also. Kobe survived, because the ball HAD to be distributed to him in the triangle...but with Wade, he will be expected to hand the role over to Shaq because he is young, just like Kobe did for a few years.</div>
    Hmm...I miss the part where You refered Kobe to Armstrong. I thought Shaq ruined Kobe's career according to....You know who? I meant, if Kobe's career is ruined by Shaq even though they have won 3 rings together....maybe everyone wants to ruined their career? Just a thought

3. WadeDynasty

Btw, realdealbneal , are you disguised Phil Jackson speaking out of jealousy?

4. WadeDynasty

and btw this is the funniest quote from Shaq
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"I just bought a house on the beach and my wife likes to see me naked. So, if you take pictures of me naked on the beach, don't sell them to the National Enquirer. If you do, I get 15 percent."
    -- On his new living arrangements in Miami. He later upped the price for pictures to 20 percent.</div>

5. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Well, from what I remember shaq used to call Kobe the Greatest Player Ever. Now his partner is Wade so of course hes gonna call him the best.

6. Prodigy

Prodigy JBB JustBBall Member

Shaqs a hypocrite, rememba the dayz when he was all:

"Kobe's my idol"
    "He's my brother"
    "He is the best guard in the league"

Man F that Biotch

7. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">Grow up. Message back when you have something intelligent to say.</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

How about taking your own advice?
    [​IMG]

I vote that post #9 back in the first page of this thread as justbball's dumbest post of the decade [​IMG]

8. Mr.Fundamentals

Mr.Fundamentals JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> when Kobe became a free agent, I was hoping he'd go to Houston to play with Yao and I thought it would be hilarious if he said "I've always wanted to play with a dominant big man." </div>
    no. it just wouldn't be that funny.

9. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

For WadeDynasty, I never compared Kobe to BJ Armstrong. I said that Wade would be the next Armstrong because he will eventually give up the team to Shaq, unlike Kobe did. Kobe didn't want to play second-best to an aging center, so he didn't...but Wade will eventually find himself making the mistake of contributing to Shaq WAY too much, and it will affect his career in the longrun, when Shaq is gone. And if I was disguised as Phil Jackson, wouldn't I be talking sh*t on Kobe? Him and Shaq left because THEY are the ones that couldn't stand not winning a ring...Kobe passed up a few offers to Phoenix and the Clippers, where he had a better chance of winning (at the time) just to come back to a team that wasn't going to win with him and Shaq both. It's about proving everyone wrong, not the money. Phil left because he was going to in the first place...and Shaq and Kobe weren't going to be together another year no matter who left. If Kobe bailed out on LA and Shaq stayed, everyone would still be praising Shaq for getting rid of Kobe...

As for the other user, SupraJames or whatever...you'll obviously mouth off because your favorite player is Wade, so I'm not shocked. Rating my post as the dumbest? Look at your posts...and the quality...and how you add 7 LOL smileys and 1 laughing smiley. Whatever.

10. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

Look, sure I like Wade, however I don't particularly like Shaq or Kobe myself. Come on now, u gotta give respect when it's due. I can be a Kobe hater all I want but at the end of the day I still have to recognize the fact that he's one of the better guards in the game. Shaq is no different. He's the absolute best center today right now still. Potentially for another year or so. Do you really think Shaq is as pathetic, useless, and no-skilled loser as you described him earlier?

11. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SupraJames:</div><div class="quote_post">Look, sure I like Wade, however I don't particularly like Shaq or Kobe myself. Come on now, u gotta give respect when it's due. I can be a Kobe hater all I want but at the end of the day I still have to recognize the fact that he's one of the better guards in the game. Shaq is no different. He's the absolute best center today right now still. Potentially for another year or so. Do you really think Shaq is as pathetic, useless, and no-skilled loser as you described him earlier?</div>

He WAS the most dominant player in the NBA...not just the most dominant center. There's no way he is now. How many times have you turned on the television and noticed how the Yao Ming/Shaq rivalry was emphasized so much? It's because Shaq's age is catching up to him, along with his size. Admit this: Shaq is getting bigger, which isn't good for him. Three or four years ago, when Shaq would dunk the ball and get fouled, he wouldn't tumble for 20 feet out into the crowd, losing his balance. Now, he does it alot because his weight carries him over. He's going to get injured again, and someday it may cost him his career.

Also, his attitude has changed alot over the years. Let me ask you this: what if Shaq and Miami don't get past the second round??? How do you think Shaq will react? I really think Shaq would blow up...he's like a time bomb. If he doesn't get the ring he's promising the organization, he's due to act just as bad or worse than he did in LA.

12. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">For WadeDynasty, I never compared Kobe to BJ Armstrong. I said that Wade would be the next Armstrong because he will eventually give up the team to Shaq, unlike Kobe did. Kobe didn't want to play second-best to an aging center, so he didn't...but Wade will eventually find himself making the mistake of contributing to Shaq WAY too much, and it will affect his career in the longrun, when Shaq is gone.</div>
    Interesting, actually compared to last year Wade will be getting more shots, Odom and Butler both took more shots than Shaq did when he averaged 27 PPG, Rafer Alston who also took about 9 shots a game is gone, and Eddie Jones will likely be shooting less.
    Wade only took 13.1 shots a game, and even in the playoffs only 14.5 shots a game, and against Indiana when he averaged 21 PPG, he took 15 shots a game. Next year he'll be getting about 15-18 shots a game, I don't think he'll be too angry.

Also Wade isn't as big a scorer as Kobe, Kobe is a 25+ PPG a game guy, and right now Wade is about a 20-22 PPG guy, so he's not going to be demanding as many shots or touches like Kobe did.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">Kobe passed up a few offers to Phoenix and the Clippers, where he had a better chance of winning (at the time) just to come back to a team that wasn't going to win with him and Shaq both. It's about proving everyone wrong, not the money. Phil left because he was going to in the first place...and Shaq and Kobe weren't going to be together another year no matter who left. If Kobe bailed out on LA and Shaq stayed, everyone would still be praising Shaq for getting rid of Kobe</div>
    Phoenix kinda pulled out bu singing Nash, and then Q-Rich after too, Kobe going somehwere else wheter he could win more or not would've been horrible by him, and many big Kobe fans agree, because if he had the Lakers do so much for him, and whether he openly showed it or not, he had his wants, he couldn't leave them with nothing like that.
    I don't think people would be praising Shaq for getting rid of Kobe, they'd just say Kobe wants to go out and prove he can carry a team himself.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">As for the other user, SupraJames or whatever...you'll obviously mouth off because your favorite player is Wade, so I'm not shocked. Rating my post as the dumbest? Look at your posts...and the quality...and how you add 7 LOL smileys and 1 laughing smiley. Whatever.</div>
    That wasn't the dumbest post, someone saying the Raptors should trade Vince Carter for Oliver Miller was pretty bad.
    The problem is that saying Shaq has no skill and is jsut fat is pure stupidity, it's like saying Ben Wallace is just strong and athletic, that's the only reason he rebounds well and blocks shots.
    If that was just why, then why aren't Tractor Traylor, Olive Miller, Jahidi White etc dominating?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Referring to realdealbneal's quote about Shaq not having talent, people should just take a second, get two cotton swabs, and clean out the earwax from your ears and listen for a change. OF COURSE Shaq is going to lose his talent! The man is 32 years old for crying out loud, he can't play an 82 game season anymore, he fakes injuries, (especially the so-called calf injury he suffered and sat out 12 games) the blows he receives from opposing teams take a furious toll on his body, and the man is just straight up lazy. I've been watching Laker games for years, I've especially been watching Shaq's domination for a number of years, and Shaq just isn't the same man he was since he won the Finals MVP in 2000. And now he wants a contract extension that'll eat up another team's financial stability?? Heh, good luck Miami. Because when he's 35 and crippled at the feet with deterioration written all over his 360 pound aching body, you'd wish that he never came to the Heat. Now my point being, is realdealbneal wrong about Shaq not having talent? Hell no, He's speaking the truth. Something you people just seem to misinterpret.</div>
    So Shaq has no talent at all? Why is in the NBA then, because he's big?
    Obviously Shaq has a lot of talent, and obviously he'll decline, but realdealbneal wasn't saying he's declining he was just saying the guy has no talent, or skill, that's just ignorant or hateful.
    I've seen people that hate Kobe, but even those people won't deny the kat's got skills.

Seriously though, read this, now we're talking about a center, let's get that clear.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Just because he's huge, and there are no "Wilt-like" centers in the league to stop him anymore, he's supposedly the best in the NBA. Put Shaq by the free throw line...he can't shoot, can't dribble, can't defend, has no court awareness when his back is away from the rim, and he's just trash</div>
    Okay, so let's get some things straight, since when did a center have to dribble?
    Can Ben Wallace shoot free throws? Tim Duncan isn't a good free throw shooter himself, could Wilt shoot free throws?
    Oscar Robertson didn't have much of a scoring game outside about 17 feet, but when he got in there he'd score on you, so why does Shaq need to go work on his 15 foot jumper when he can hit his 7' "jumper" at a very high percentage?
    Hmm Shaq can't defend, interesting, Kobe isn't the best defender in the world either, he isn't bad, he's very good actually, but he's given too much props for his defense because he doesn't play good defense for the full game, most of the time he rest on defense.
    Anyone that watches Laker games, and I know you guys do, knows that he gets beat off he dribble easy/stupidly so many times, Doug Christie? Cuttino Mobley?

13. jbbReal Deal

Also, just to clarify, I don't like Shaq...but it's not because of what he's saying about Kobe. I've stated numerous times that I haven't liked Shaq since he came to Los Angeles. The league owes at least ONE Finals MVP award to Kobe, and I don't care how many points Shaq puts in. Everyone knows that the Pacers, Nets and Sixers didn't have a center to guard Shaq...so in actuality, the big man didn't really have to work very hard for those MVP awards, and that's exactly why Kobe walked out when he received his last one. However, Kobe dealt with Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller, and Kidd/Jefferson/Kittles during their three-year stint as champs. Who had it easier? Obviously Shaq, and that's <u>exactly</u> why he was the MVP.

14. jbbReal Deal

og15, I never said Shaq sucked all his career, either. I've already explained this, so I'm not going to elaborate anymore on it. Point is, Shaq is past his prime...anyone who says he isn't is the one that's ignorant. Kobe, who was a high school standout, didn't go to college...Shaq did...which gives another 2 years or so to Kobe (Shaq was drafted his junior year, I believe). So, with that many years left in Kobe and about 2 or 3 in Shaq, what would be the obvious choice? Plus, Shaq is in the East now, not the West...another smart move by the Lakers. The point is...giving up Shaq for Odom, Grant and Butler (and a draft pick) was a good choice for the Lakers...because now they've got decent players (not the best though) but have sent Shaq into another conference. And, I don't care how Wade has done, or how he says he will pass to Shaq, etc...because when the Heat don't get past the second round (if they do, good for them), then Shaq will blow up and have an attitude problem, and Wade will regret trying to build a relationship with the guy who couldn't do it with Penny or Kobe. Three strikes, and Shaq will be out...for good. I'll place my money that Wade will be that third strike.

15. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller, and Kidd/Jefferson/Kittles during their three-year stint as champs.</div>
    Iverson on Kobe? You've gotta be kidding me to call that a hard matchup, Reggie miller on Kobe? That's supposed to be hard, now I understand the Nets one, Kidd, Jefferson and Kittles are all good defenders, but Reggie Miller and Iverson aren't stopped, Iverson get's steals but isn't a good man to man defender, and is outmatched, undersized, and everything possible against Kobe.
    Anyways just so you know, Eric Snow was guarding Kobe, Snow gives Kobe problems, and he's a defensive stopper, but is also undersized against him, but that makes more sense than Iverson.

Against Indy, their's nothing I can say, Reggie was older, slower, and even in his younger days wasn't anything special on the defensive end, so that's not a particularly hard matchup.

16. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">So Shaq has no talent at all? Why is in the NBA then, because he's big?
    Obviously Shaq has a lot of talent, and obviously he'll decline, but realdealbneal wasn't saying he's declining he was just saying the guy has no talent, or skill, that's just ignorant or hateful.
    I've seen people that hate Kobe, but even those people won't deny the kat's got skills.</div>

Why are you taking out of context what I'm saying? I said Shaq does have talent. However, he's going to lose his talent because he's ageing, and the wear and tear will soon take a toll on his body. You people just think because you're 7'1" and 340 lbs that you're going to dominate forever? People's amazing careers come to a end like a finishing chapter to a book. And when I saw Shaq play last year in a Laker uniform, I had the words slowly deteriorating come across my mind.

In regards to what realdealbneal said, he's right. And I'm not hating on Shaq because he's a Miami Heat. All he does pretty much is use his enormous size as a huge advantage over the other undersized centers in the league, his game is the entire paint area, he can't be guarded one on one, so opponents try to double and triple team him as much as possible, he has no outside range at all, so he uses his options with his easy 5 foot hook shot or a soft floater into the basket. His freethrows are always a tremendous liability for him, and it looks like it won't get any better anytime soon and he only plays defense when he feels like it, can be very lazy at times, and he wants a contract extension at 32 years old and destroying a franchise's financial stability? He can take that garbage to another club that's desperate for his assistance.

17. jbbReal Deal

By the way, have ANY of you Heat fans thought about what offense you'll be playing next year? If not the triangle offense, Shaq won't be happy. If so, how the hell will Dwyane Wade and especially Eddie Jones be able to play the triangle? You're talking the hardest offense to learn in the NBA...only two teams have been successful with the triangle, the Bulls with Jordan, and the Lakers with Kobe/Shaq. Unless you have an incredible SG, you'll be playing through your center...so Wade and the Heat better pick up a "Basketball Player's Bible" to learn how to work the triangle like the Lakers did; otherwise, their season will be over.

18. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">Why are you taking out of context what I'm saying? I said Shaq does have talent. However, he's going to lose his talent because he's ageing, and the wear and tear will soon take a toll on his body. You people just think because you're 7'1" and 340 lbs that you're going to dominate forever? People's amazing careers come to a end like a finishing chapter to a book. And when I saw Shaq play last year in a Laker uniform, I had the words slowly deteriorating come across my mind.

In regards to what realdealbneal said, he's right. And I'm not hating on Shaq because he's a Miami Heat. All he does pretty much is use his enormous size as a huge advantage over the other undersized centers in the league, his game is the entire paint area, he can't be guarded one on one, so opponents try to double and triple team him as much as possible, he has no outside range at all, so he uses his options with his easy 5 foot hook shot or a soft floater into the basket. His freethrows are always a tremendous liability for him, and it looks like it won't get any better anytime soon and he only plays defense when he feels like it, can be very lazy at times, and he wants a contract extension at 32 years old and destroying a franchise's financial stability? He can take that garbage to another club that's desperate for his assistance.</div>

I strongly agree with not resigning Shaq because of that. Good point. Why risk him getting injured and eating up the Lakers' salary, while having someone like Medvedenko out trying to play the paint? Or...having him retire and leaving the Lakers with nothing to fall back on? He's close to it...and when he does this to the Heat, not even Wade will be able to pull the team out of the big hole Shaq will leave them in.

19. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">og15, I never said Shaq sucked all his career, either. I've already explained this, so I'm not going to elaborate anymore on it.</div>
    You need to be clearer, when you just say Shaq sucks and has no talent, it doesn't translate in anyone's mind (except maybe Emo) as Shaq is getting older and is not the same player he was before, which is obviously true.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Why are you taking out of context what I'm saying? I said Shaq does have talent. However, he's going to lose his talent because he's ageing, and the wear and tear will soon take a toll on his body. You people just think because you're 7'1" and 340 lbs that you're going to dominate forever? People's amazing careers come to a end like a finishing chapter to a book. And when I saw Shaq play last year in a Laker uniform, I had the words slowly deteriorating come across my mind.</div>
    Who's you people? Where did I say he'd dominate forever, I didn't even say he'd dominate this season, I said obviously he'd decline, and I agree with you he'll lose his talent, but it seemed like realdealbneal was saying the guy never had talent.

I mean Eddy Curry is just as big, and I would argue could have more talent, and is more athletic, but he just doesn't do the same thing.

Also I didn't know you guys were arguing about whether the Lakers should've kept O'neal or whether they should've extended him or not, never got that out of all this [​IMG]

20. jbbReal Deal

The point of my argument in relation to this thread is that Shaq has no room to talk. He thinks that the trade made between the Heat and the Lakers was completely one-sided, and that he's going to bring a championship to the Heat, that the Heat were lucky to get him, etc. Well, that's partially true...but obviously, the Heat weren't thinking about their future without Shaq, which is very close. The Lakers, on the other hand, were. Shaq may put the team in the Finals...in fact, they could possibly win a ring...but that's a big MAYBE. Wade's reputation as a great, developing player will be tarnished, and everyone will declare that his ring was NOT earned...only through Shaq (ask Kobe about this). Wade and the Heat did fine this year by themselves...but now, if Wade doesn't put up significant numbers, fans will ignore the fact that he works his @ss off, and they'll give THE BIG MAN all the credit before they even hand partial credit to the young guard. You'll see.

Also, Shaq's gone from the Lakers. Why is he STILL talking sh*t on Kobe? He should worry about Wallace and the East, not about what Kobe is doing in the West. His comments were just to pour gasoline on the fire...which should have been put out if he's so happy about his new team.