SHAQ: "Dwyane Wade will be the best guard of all time"

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Accord, Jan 9, 2005.

1. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I'm really starting to think Shaq may be queer. He is on Dwayne Wade's jock like their is no tomorrow.

2. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm really starting to think Shaq may be queer. He is on Dwayne Wade's jock like their is no tomorrow.</div>
    Nah, he's just trying to bait Kobe.

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ice:</div><div class="quote_post">Nah, he's just trying to bait Kobe.</div>

Basically yes, just like he called Ray Allen the best guard in the western conference after the Sonics won in Miami during the week.

4. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr.Wade:</div><div class="quote_post">So you wont add Wade's name althoguh he's doing just as good as Lebron this year. Doing better than Kidd's best year, and better than Kobe this year, shooting 10% better than Kobe... Makes sense..</div>
    Ah, but since you just love to make the argument about how much easier life is with Shaq...

And by the way, Wade can't touch Kidd, LeBron is better right now (just as he was last year as well), and Wade is light years behind Kobe. Don't give me the shooting percentage crap...that's bull. Are you Shaq?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm really starting to think Shaq may be queer. He is on Dwayne Wade's jock like their is no tomorrow.</div>
    [​IMG]

5. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Well, I'd take Kobe anyday over Ray Allen and Wade. Kobe is probably the most cluch player in the league right now. And he is the guy you want with the ball in his hands down 1 point with 5 seconds left.

6. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, I'd take Kobe anyday over Ray Allen and Wade. Kobe is probably the most cluch player in the league right now. And he is the guy you want with the ball in his hands down 1 point with 5 seconds left.</div>
    You are probably the first guy I know that wears a Sixers sig and avy (actually, an Iverson one), but would still say something like that. Maybe Pure Skillz...

Ray Ray and Flash Gordon have guys that can carry the load when they need it. I can't say the same about Kobe just yet...but it may happen soon with the triangle. Then I'll expect Kobe to hit game winners, because right now, he's running way too much, playing three spots on the court, etc...and by the time the fourth quarter rolls around, he's too tired. This was proven in the OT against the Heat, actually...and the other games they needed him (Kings, Wizards as well).

7. Andrew23226

Andrew23226 JBB JustBBall Member

Who knows maybe Wade will someday be one of the greats, but there is no way to tell for sure right now. Among the guards who I think will be considered the greats that no one seems to be mentioning will be Allen Iverson though. Over the last 9 years, you could argue that he has been the best guard in the NBA.

8. Cody 7k

Cody 7k JBB JustBBall Member

C'mon guys, you know Dwyane Wade is the next Jordan. [​IMG]

9. N4S

N4S BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Cody 7k:</div><div class="quote_post">C'mon guys, you know Dwyane Wade is the next Jordan. [​IMG]</div>

Ok, I know your joking but Wade will not be close to MJ EVER! He will be good but not great and legendary like MJ.

10. Cody 7k

Cody 7k JBB JustBBall Member

^Aw, why not?[​IMG]

Dwyane Wade still has a long career ahead of him. I think it's ridiculous to compare him to the best already. I know Kobe was compared to Jordan to, but he shouldn't have been either. What's ironic though is that Shaq is saying all this about Dwyane Wade when he said the exact same thing to Kobe. Obviously Shaq is a queer.

11. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I love my Eagles but it kinda reminds me of the way McNabb and TO jocks each other, lol.

12. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Tell Shaq to stick some apple pie in his mouth or something...

Magic, Jordan, Stockton, Lebron > Wade.

I doubt Wade will be better than Kobe, but we will see. Wade is a great player with great talent and capability, but to be the best of all time, that is kind of a slap in the face to MJ.

13. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">I love my Eagles but it kinda reminds me of the way McNabb and TO jocks each other, lol.</div>
    Yeah, lol.

"We weren't arguing. I was getting him pumped up."

What really ticks me off about this is not the fact that he said this...but the way he's going about it all. Shaq has done this with Penny and Kobe already...he's wanting credit for making these guys better players. Well, the way I see it, Penny did great after Shaq left, and he would've done great without him as well. Kobe is still playing like a superstar, and I'm sure he would've put up these numbers in 1998 without O'Neal. Wade broke out in the playoffs last season, and I don't think Shaq is needed for Wade to become an All-Star guard.

Fact is, when I sit back and look at it...it's ironic how Shaq has been alongside a guard all his career...and he's been given the credit for making each of them All-Stars...when actually, in Shaq's first three years as a Laker, Los Angeles didn't go anywhere (as far as the Finals go)...and Shaq's MVP awards were non-existant. Kobe developed, Phil arrived, and suddenly...championships.

I'd honestly like to see what Shaq could do without Wade, Penny, or Kobe. I'd give anything to see him on the Hornets without Baron. He'd see double and triple teams, but this time...with nobody to pass it out to.

14. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Wade is an all-star, maybe he will be the best guard in the league in his prime, but we are talking about the best guard in the history of the NBA, I don't think so. This is all about Kobe and I think Shaq just needs to get over it. How many people here think Dwyane Wade will be better then Michael Jordan? Jordan averaged 37 points in his second year in the league (if you take away the ankle injury year) and I don't think Wade is anywhere close to that yet. I just think these two just can't be compared, I love Wade but I don't think anybody will come close to being as good as Jordan. Plus I am just talking about Jordan being better then Wade, what about Stockten, Oscar, Magic, Dr. J, Isiah, Clyde Drexler and Nate Archibald just to name some off the top of my head.

15. sneballa7

sneballa7 JBB JustBBall Member

Shaq went too far by saying this. He knows there are so many more guards that are better than Wade. He is really trying hard to get back at Kobe. Maybe Wade really can be one of the greatest guards of all time but not THE greatest

16. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

Everyone and there dog knows that shaq cant win a championship alone. No one can. Not Jordan, Pippen, Kobe, AI, Magic, no one. So now that thats out of the way.
    Why is it ok to say lebron will be as good as Magic Johnson but Wade cant be mentioned in the same breath? Lebron and Wade are both in their second year and are putting up similiar stats. I think Wade could be one of the greatest guards ever. Ya'll keep bringin up that shaq has said it with Penny an Kobe but Shaq left Penny and Kobe. Penny career went downhill from there and while Kobe is still putting a good stats his Team isnt doing much. Both Penny and Kobe thought they could do it all on there own and they see it isnt true. I dont think wade will make that same mistake. Who Knows Wade could end up being better than Jordan. But i do agree that its to early to decide wade AND Lebron's futures.

The End

17. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

This comment is just another media hype. Good thing Shaq isn't a Knick. We would be hearing this one for weeks! Anyway, Shaq is just giving his young teamate Dwayne Wade, some confidence. Didn't he say the same thing about that top 15 shot of all time? Just showing how pleased and confident he is in Dwayne Wade. Dwayne Wade will be a great player and the way he is playing, a hall of famer. But, Wade really is not a PG, and I really do not think he will come close to taking away John Stockton's throne at that position. Again will become a great player but, best PG of all time? I doubt. But who knows? I never like to say never.

18. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

You guys are too serious. Take some chill pills.

19. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

Seems like noone here plays for any basketball teams. Although I know some do, it's funny. Noone's heard of pumping up their players? I'm sure Wade just got a huge confidence lift by Shaq's quotes. Wade knows that Shaq is behind him 100%, and is a real teammate. It wasn't a serious quote... Shaq always makes jokes. Lookit Shaq-Fu, Kazaam... lighten' up people. Especially the Kobe fans who jump onto this subject.

So many people compare Lebron to Magic which is just as absurd as Wade being the best guard of all time, yet noone laughs at it and smashes whoever says it. Magic is leagues ahead of Lebron, he could play 5 positions and could be a true PG... Lebron can't touch him. Wade could be one of the greatest guards of all time with the way he's playing right now. The best of all time? Probably not, but never say never.

20. Bosnian

Bosnian JBB JustBBall Member

For the Record No one will be Better than Jordan

U people High or somehing This is Jordan We are talking about The best player to lace a Pair of Sneakers I mean C'mon

Shaq is Just trying to take shots at Kobe no wonder Kobe got a Divorce u cant compare Wade with the playres that Real Deal said and i agree it is the same thing he was saying about Kobe being better than Jordan end of story

No one will be Better than Jordan