SHAQ: "Dwyane Wade will be the best guard of all time"

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Accord, Jan 9, 2005.

1. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtKing:</div><div class="quote_post">Wade is an all-star, maybe he will be the best guard in the league in his prime, but we are talking about the best guard in the history of the NBA, I don't think so. This is all about Kobe and I think Shaq just needs to get over it. How many people here think Dwyane Wade will be better then Michael Jordan? Jordan averaged 37 points in his second year in the league (if you take away the ankle injury year) and I don't think Wade is anywhere close to that yet. I just think these two just can't be compared, I love Wade but I don't think anybody will come close to being as good as Jordan. Plus I am just talking about Jordan being better then Wade, what about Stockten, Oscar, Magic, Dr. J, Isiah, Clyde Drexler and Nate Archibald just to name some off the top of my head.</div>

That 37 ppg year has to be considered in the context of the team he played on, the type of plays they ran, and the much faster pace of an NBA game back in the 80s. Jordan was more talented offensively a couple years later when he was *only* scoring 32 ppg. Sometimes scoring doesn't tell you everything. I'm not saying that Wade is near that level, but then in a similar situation as Jordan in his high scoring years (before Phil Jackson and the Triangle Offense), I could see Wade scoring around 30 points per game at a 50% clip.

I'd bet that Wade will be better overall than Stockton, Isiah, Clyde, and Nate when he reaches his prime.

2. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bosnian:</div><div class="quote_post">U people High or somehing This is Jordan We are talking about The best player to lace a Pair of Sneakers I mean C'mon

Shaq is Just trying to take shots at Kobe no wonder Kobe got a Divorce u cant compare Wade with the playres that Real Deal said and i agree it is the same thing he was saying about Kobe being better than Jordan end of story

No one will be Better than Jordan</div>

24 ppg 7.5 apg 6 rpg 50% fg... that's f*ckin impressive. HOF, better than some of them. I'm not sayign he's the next Jordan. He's just real good and oonly in his 2nd year. He will probably be better than Isiah, and some high named guards. i knwo how good they are, but Wade is amazing.

3. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

In my opinion, Dwyane Wade isn't going to be the best guard of all time, I don't even think he'll be top 20, to me he's like a more talented version of Steve Francis, but thats just me [​IMG]

4. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

yeah right

Thats a joke and a cheap dig at kobe ...wrong unnecesary and uncalled for.

5. Dizzyfool

Dizzyfool JBB JustBBall Member

Calm down, all he did was big up Wade, no big.

6. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys are too serious. Take some chill pills.</div>

[​IMG]

7. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

I can't believe all of you are already judging Wade's future. Give him time. Lets just say he's one of the best 2nd year guards ever.

8. Zane

Zane JBB JustBBall Member

hmm i guess wade = next jordan [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Zane:</div><div class="quote_post">hmm i guess wade = next jordan [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>

hmm I guess Kobe = next Jordan [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't believe people are saying Wade won't be better than LeBron, Magic, Kobe etc. How do we know? Wade has made an AMAZING leap that nobody expected. Man...

10. bdubb

bdubb JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I can't believe people are saying Wade won't be better than LeBron, Magic, Kobe etc. How do we know? Wade has made an AMAZING leap that nobody expected. Man...</div>

I guess some of these guys can tell the future. Wade can be the best of all time, who knows. Who's to say what he will do in the future. I hate when people say that there will never be a player better than Jordan, Magic, Bird, or whoever. None of us know what the future holds.

11. Zane

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">hmm I guess Kobe = next Jordan [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't believe people are saying Wade won't be better than LeBron, Magic, Kobe etc. How do we know? Wade has made an AMAZING leap that nobody expected. Man...</div>

i guess Josh smith = next jordan
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

lakers fans go crazy everytime Shaq speaks and this time he cheers up Wade and they go crazy mad. lol typical kobe lovers

13. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Zane:</div><div class="quote_post">i guess Josh smith = next jordan
    [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>

Haha, couldn't think of a good comeback? I was not taking Kobe as an example because he was your favourite player, I was saying that because it's a fact Kobe fans have compared him to Jordan, and you can't deny it.

14. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

Hey Zane get off of Bobcats. He was just expressing his feelings. I think that Wade will be pretty good but not as good as to say that he is going to be the best guard of all time. Wade and Lebron will go down as the two best guards to come out of the same draft class.

15. littlereynolds5

littlereynolds5 JBB JustBBall Member

yea
    Wade will probably be one of the best gaurds if he stays surrounded by good players

16. bdubb

bdubb JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting WadeDynasty:</div><div class="quote_post">lakers fans go crazy everytime Shaq speaks and this time he cheers up Wade and they go crazy mad. lol typical kobe lovers</div>

Don't categorize all of us man. I give D. Wade his due, he's playing great basketball right now and he should be starting on the all star team. As for Shaq's comments, he's just taking a cheap shot at Kobe.

17. Zane

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Haha, couldn't think of a good comeback? I was not taking Kobe as an example because he was your favourite player, I was saying that because it's a fact Kobe fans have compared him to Jordan, and you can't deny it.</div>

It wasnt suppose to be a comeback...and yes Kobe fans compare [/B him to Jordan becuase Kobes the closest player to Jordan...not many think he'll be the next jordan tho...at least not me...

18. Zane

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Haha, couldn't think of a good comeback? I was not taking Kobe as an example because he was your favourite player, I was saying that because it's a fact Kobe fans have compared him to Jordan, and you can't deny it.</div>

It wasnt suppose to be a comeback...and yes Kobe fans compare him to Jordan becuase Kobes the closest player to Jordan...not many think he'll be the next jordan tho...at least not me...

19. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Zane:</div><div class="quote_post">hmm i guess wade = next jordan [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>
    Nope
    Next Jordan is Kobe
    Kobe = the second Jordan
    Dwyane Wade = the first Dwyane Wade

20. Hot Sauce

Hot Sauce JBB JustBBall Member

Since when did Jordan rape a girl?