Shaq To The Heat !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by heatfan, Jul 9, 2004.

1. heatfan

heatfan JBB JustBBall Member

Heat Fans Are Salivating!!! [​IMG] SHAQ TO MIAMI [​IMG]

The deal should include Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant(+other players to even out the $). Which really means Odom and Butler because releasing Grant is doing Miami a favor by unloading his massive contract!

The Heat MUST take advantage of this situation! Shaq wants out of L.A., and L.A. wont trade him to a Western Conference team so that leaves Miami as the only team Shaq is willing to play for.

<font color="Red">Miami MUST make this deal</font>. It's a no brainer. Even if Miami gives up their 1st Round picks for the next 2 years. IT'S SHAQUILLE FREAKING ONEAL!!

<font color="Blue">STARTING LINEUP</font>: [​IMG]
    Dwyane Wade
    Eddie Jones
    Rasual Butler
    Udonis Haslem
    Shaquille O'neal

The Heat will give up anything EXCEPT for WADE.

2. gubagangsta

gubagangsta JBB JustBBall Member

I think Odom and Butler are too much to give up for Shaq. After all the guy only has two or three good years left in him.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

The deal is Odom + Grant + Butler or 1st round pick, we just give the first round pick because its going to be something like 25th or 26th, and this will be sick.

<u>Lineup:</u>

PG - Wade / FA
    SG - Jones / R.Butler
    SF - C.Butler / Wright
    PF - Haslem / Allen
    C - Shaq / Beasley?

4. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

This would be a great deal for the Heat, sure Shaq's only got a few years left but we could make those years into Championship contender years. + if we unloaded Grant we could have Beasly or Haslem starting and atleast one of them getting major minutes at the 4 probably Haslem. Beasly could learn a lot from Shaq and If we could get a point gaurd we could get Dwyane Wade back to his natural position, SG.

PG:Dwyane Wade//Dorell Wright/FA
    SG:Eddie Jones/Dorell Wright/Rasual Butler
    SF:Rasual Butler/Dorell Wright
    PF:Udonis Haslem/Jerome Beasly
    C:Shaquille Oneal/Jerome Beasly/Udonis Haslem

That would be a sick lineup, and BTW og15 you still got Caron Butler in your lineup.

5. KingCarmelo

KingCarmelo JBB JustBBall Member

Wow this is HUGE! I really hope the deal happens!

6. r4shox01

r4shox01 JBB JustBBall Member

If this does happen though, it could be really devastating to the entire organization if Shaq decides to opt out after this season. If he does, most likely its because he plans on signing a new deal elsewhere and automatically dumps the franchise in the crapper. Is winning 1 championship worth the future of the entire franchise?

7. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

I think Shaq will end up in Miami now. I think the Heat should give Odam, Grant, and fututre 1st round pick. They should keep Caron. He has a good future as well as Wade.

C- Shaq
    Pf- Haslem
    Sf- Caron Butler
    SG- Eddie Jones
    Pg- Dwayne Wade

Looks good I think I would go after a better Pf tho and have Haslem back him up.

BTW the link is here in case any1s interested.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1836585
    Just copy and paste it.
    How do you make a link anyway on this? Thnx

8. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

People say they can just give the Lakers the 1st rounder, but I really don't think the Lakers are giving the Heat the option for "Caron or the pick." The Heat need to include Butler to match salaries, and the Lakers know the pick will probably not be that good if Shaq goes there. If this were to happen I wouldn't be surprised if it was Grant, Odom, Caron Butler AND the pick for Shaq.

9. Kaillou

Kaillou JBB JustBBall Member

Shaq to Miami a done deal?

Shaq to the Heat

Well, I know this trade is a bit of old news, but it seems that the ball is now in Miami's court to accept it. If I were them I would keep Butler and trade the first rounder, Butler started coming around nicely for them at the end of the year. The deal is obviously a solid one for the Heat, but its also a good deal for the Lakers IMO, since losing Shaq seems to be the only option. Lineups:

PG - Dwayne Wade
    SG - Eddie Jones
    SF - Caron Butler
    PF - Udonis Haslem
    C - Shaquille O'Neal

PG - Gary Payton?/Derek Fisher?
    SG - Kobe Bryant
    SF - Lamar Odom/Deaven George
    PF - Karl Malone?/Lamar Odom
    C - Brian Grant

The Lakers lineup still stays pretty solid, but the Heat's lineup improves greatly. Instantly makes them the #1 or #2 team in the East IMO.

10. Rim-Rocca

Rim-Rocca JBB JustBBall Member

well its said that shaq has accepted the deal, i heard it on tv. the deal should include lamar odom, brian grant, and either caron butler or a 1st round draft choice. so it looks like its gonna happen.

11. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1836585

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Sources told ESPN's Jim Gray on Friday night that if the Heat agree to trade <u><font color="#00009b">Brian Grant</font></u>, <u><font color="#00009b">Lamar Odom</font></u> and either <u><font color="#00009b">Caron Butler</font></u> or a No. 1 draft pick, then the Lakers will trade them <u><font color="#00009b">Shaquille O'Neal</font></u>. The deal's in Miami's hands now, the sources said.

</div>
    Its a done deal!

12. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

Butler will be part of the deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">A source told ESPN's David Aldridge Saturday that the Lakers center has agreed to accept a proposed trade that would send him to the Miami Heat in exchange for guard Caron Butler and forwards Lamar Odom and Brian Grant. </div>

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1837581

13. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

Shaq In Miami??? [​IMG]

Didn't he just Buy A Home in Florida??

Well if Shaq excepts this Trade,thank god he won't be coming to the Kings [​IMG]

14. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I like this deal personally. The Lakers may lose Shaq, but, in the end, they get Caron Butler, a teriffic young player who is only getting better, and Lama Odom, a veresatile player who can play numerous postions. Both are still young and are still getting towards the prime of their career. The only thing you have to worry about is health issues, as Lamar Odom has been plagued with them over his career and Butler was hurt at the beginning of last year. Than they get Grant. He's not a terrible player, but, he's not great by any means. He's got a bad contract and isn't as big as other centers out West. However, I think he will be a suitable player for that position if they can't fine someone else. The only other knock I have on Grant outside of his size, as he's only about 6'9", is the fact that he doesn't have the greatest knees. But, overall, this is a good trade for each side. Miami may lose two of it's young stars, but, they get Shaq, who is tons bigger than any other center out East and that itself will make them a contender out East almost immediately I think. Plus, they still have Wade who is going to be a phenomenal player. So, they may lose two great players, but, they get Shaq in return and a 1-2 punch of Shaq and Wade out East could be devastating.

15. jbbThe Chosen 1

jbbThe Chosen 1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Moo2K4:</div><div class="quote_post">I like this deal personally. The Lakers may lose Shaq, but, in the end, they get Caron Butler, a teriffic young player who is only getting better,</div>

They may not be getting Caron Butler.. The Lakers have agreed to take Odom, Grant and either Butler or a first round pick. It is up to the Miami Heat now if they want to give up Butler or a First round draft pick.. You can see this for yourself on espn.com

I agree the the previous post, i would keep butler, he is only going to get better, but most importantly he's been there for two years and its always good to keep a core of your players there for the long run.

If the Heat keep butler the trade will be a perfect 10 for the Heat and the Heat get the better end of the deal.

If they get rid of butler i'd say the trade was about even for now, but in the long run the Heat will realize they shouldn't have given up a young talented player in butler..

COMON PAT RILEY, BE SMART, KEEP BUTLER!!!

16. r4shox01

r4shox01 JBB JustBBall Member

^ <u>if</u>

17. GrizzlieGuy

GrizzlieGuy JBB JustBBall Member

Report: O'Neal agrees to be traded to Heat
    FOXSports.com Posted: 1 hour ago....
    Shaquille O'Neal has reportedly agreed to a trade that will send the center to the Miami Heat in exchange for Caron Butler , Lamar Odom and Brian Grant .
    FOXSPORTS

18. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Dag, it really seems like this deal is going down. After hearing all this talk about not being able to move Shaq and he's staying looks pretty slim now. I guess it's the best the Lakers can do. They finally get a good SF/PF with Odom.

19. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

This is terrible, Riley isn't dumb enough to completely dismantle the solid core of this team to RENT Shaq out for 1 season, and even that he only has 2 or 3 good years left in him. Riley has already publicly stated that he will not tear down the team that he has built to acquire Shaq. There is no guarantee that Shaq won't opt out of his contract and Shaq isn't the same player he used to be, now I don't mean to take anything against Dwyane Wade but the Heat will still have to go through the Detroit Pistons to even make it to the Finals and the Fakers got destroyed when they faced the Pistons in the Finals even with Shaq and Kobe! Shaq can't even win with Kobe anymore so what makes anyone think he'll be able to win with Dwyane? Shaq isn't the same player he used to be and if the Heat do this deal, they will be doing it with one thing and ONE THING ONLY in mind: Filling the seats in American Airlines Arena during the regular season. Lamar Odom doesn't sell seats, but Shaq does, and if this deal goes down that will be the only reason Riley and Pfund approve of it. Odom and Dwyane have an amazing chemistry, they'll be playing on the olympic team together, and it only gets better from here on out. Why ruin this for a 1 year rental of Shaq? Once Shaq is gone, this team will be in complete disarray and in rebuilding mode again. Shaq alone is not capable of winning championships anymore and just because he is in the east makes no difference at all.

:thumbsdow Shaq :thumbsdow

20. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GrizzlieGuy:</div><div class="quote_post">Report: O'Neal agrees to be traded to Heat
    FOXSports.com Posted: 1 hour ago....
    Shaquille O'Neal has reportedly agreed to a trade that will send the center to the Miami Heat in exchange for Caron Butler , Lamar Odom and Brian Grant .
    FOXSPORTS</div>

Also in that article...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Buss also was frustrated by O'Neal's lack of conditioning and consistent demands for more money, sources disclosed. O'Neal wanted a two-year, $60 million extension.</div>

And we want THIS Shaq? I don't think so. Mabye if this was 5 years ago I would be all for it, but the Shaq right now isn't worth it at all.