Shaun Wright Phillips Situation

Discussion in 'England' started by dycdan, Nov 3, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

I must admit, I love SWP and back in his Man City days just like Scott Parker at Charlton, both were wrapping up to make it big in Englands national team and become greats. However since joining Chelsea, SWP is on the verge of screwing his career, lets face it he will never get a starting place unless someone get injured and will only start in games that Mourhino sees fit as an easy win.

What do you think he should do?

leave? join who? stay? ...

2. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

SWP should have gone to Arsenal like Ian Wright recommended to him. He didn't force him to go to his old club, and I respect that, and let him make up his own mind. He obviously got taken in by the whopping transfer fee and the money Chelsea were offering and is paying the price.

I can see him either going back to Citeh on loan or being transferred to Arsenal, Newcastle (although they need a striker more than anything else) or possibly Liverpool.

3. dycdan

Newcastle need a new defense more then anything else! They spend big money year after year on strikers and midfielders.. yet their defense lets them down every season. Shame really. [​IMG]

I think SWP would fit into Arsenals style alot better then he those Chelsea, so thats a good option for him. But i'd love for him to move to a team like Inter.

4. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

Liverpool seem to have a right-sided shortfall at the moment and given they'd have Xabi Alonso and Stevie G holding down the midfiled, he'd be given a free role to attack with Luis Garcia.

5. Ben The Ref!

Ben The Ref! DYC Amateur

Big shame. Scotty Parker has been our player of the (short!!) season so far. Works his balls off every game. Think he made the right move from Chelsea. I think SWP would make a good signing for Liverpool actually.

6. dycdan

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">West Ham have made an approach to buy Chelsea's out-of-favour winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, and are thought to be willing to pay £10m.
    "There has been interest from West Ham and they have officially approached us," Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon said on Friday.

"We're not looking to sell our players but if we get an offer we'll have to look at it on a serious basis."

Chelsea bought Wright-Phillips, 25, for £21m from Manchester City in July 2005.

But the England international has made only 12 league starts for Jose Mourinho's side since his arrival at Stamford Bridge, although he has come off the bench on 23 occasions.

The stepson of ex-England striker Ian Wright is yet to score a goal for the Premiership champions.

West Ham will have money to spend in the January transfer window following the takeover of the club by Icelanders Eggert Magnusson and Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson.

The Hammers made no official comment when contacted by BBC Sport on Friday.</div>10 million is a steal!