Sheed Drops Bombshell

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trail_Blazer76, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"I ain't no dumb-ass ****** out here. I'm not like a whole bunch of these young boys out here who get caught up and captivated into the league," Wallace, 29, said. "No. I see behind the lines. I see behind the false screens. I know what this business is all about. I know the commissioner of this league makes more than three-quarters of the players in this league

"They look at black athletes like we're dumb-ass niggers. It's as if we're just going to shut up, sign for the money and do what they tell us."</div>

Full Story

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Edited/moved by Sandman

Sorry mate, but this is huge news!

Opinions people?

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

All I really have to say to this is

Typical Rasheed!!

Interesting quote from him

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"I'm going to be me. Plain and simple." </div>

Yep,thats why he will never change into the player we had all hoped he would be.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

damn sheed, i see a fine, maybe a suspension, i dont agree either, he is the only dumb-ass i see, he complains and complains, argues with the refs, and injures other team mates

5. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

Wow! Those are strong words from Sheed. Although part of it is true. I smell a huge fine though judging from the way he commented on the Commish's salary and that he can see "behind the lines". He made it sound like that he's earning money at the expense of the players, especially those straight out of high school.

This guy really doesn't give a damn.

6. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I respect the guy for not being afraid to give his opinions but not the way he went about it. I see where he is coming from though, some of it was true.

7. Mamba

i am watching PTI. and Mike Wilborn just said all the right words, he has won nothing, his words have no meaning to anybody because all he likes to do is stir up trouble

8. Emo

Emo Active Member

Rasheed Wallace I never respected. The man has loads of talent as a basketball player, but off the court, it's a different story. I read his quote, and I just have to write this:

They look at black athletes like we're dumb-ass <font color="Navy">edit</font>. It's as if we're just going to shut up, sign for the money and do what they tell us."

What is that all about? Dumb ass <font color="Navy">edit</font>Why do people always try to make race an issue?

<font color="Navy">Edit: Not allowed. It's already quoted above.- Trust</font>

9. VinnyMack

VinnyMack JBB JustBBall Member

Do you hear that? Listen carefully. Hmmmm? It's the sound of the NBA twisting the arms of young black players to become instant multi-millionaires.

The NBA, NFL & MLB pay <u>enormous </u> amounts of money to white, black, hispanic, asian & many other cultural groups to WORK FOR THEM. When a player signs a contract, they should understand what that commitment means. If they think it is unfair, don't sign the contract. Go to Europe. Canada. Wherever is so much more fair. If you are going to make 10-100 Million $, get a good professional services contract lawyer and see what "strings are attached".

If ANYONE is "exploiting" young athletes, it is Sports Agents.

It's yet another athlete shooting off their mouth while they balance their $7,000,000 a year check book. Unfourtunately, it will turn out to be another black eye for the Blazers organization.

10. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

Rasheed is a discrace to the Nba. I would love to see no teams sign him this offseason. Teach the man a lesson about life.

11. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

^ Don't let him near my Nets. After this, I'm sure Nets would kill all trade talks regarding him.

12. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Prophecy:</div><div class="quote_post">Rasheed is a discrace to the Nba. I would love to see no teams sign him this offseason. Teach the man a lesson about life.</div>I very much doubt that but it would teach him a lesson.

13. ~Fatality~

Yeah, I dont think many Gms would care about him getting a lesson. But, I am not supprised at all at what he did. Typical Rasheed.

14. Trail_Blazer76

LOL.

I love how none of you actually read what he said. Did you ever stop to think that maybe he is speaking the truth? He does have a better perspective of what goes on than we do.

Have you ever noticed how hard Michael Jordan has tried to own a team? He is one of the most respected players in all sports, but he has yet to be taken seriously as a potential owner? You think that has nothing to do with skin color? I do, especially when there are fools like Mark Cuban who own teams.

I don't agree with Sheed's statement about the NBA trying to recruit more high school players (they are imposing an age limit after all), but the league does see black players as lesser people.

I guess it's hard to explain if you aren't black.

15. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL.

I love how none of you actually read what he said. Did you ever stop to think that maybe he is speaking the truth? He does have a better perspective of what goes on than we do.

Have you ever noticed how hard Michael Jordan has tried to own a team? He is one of the most respected players in all sports, but he has yet to be taken seriously as a potential owner? You think that has nothing to do with skin color? I do, especially when there are fools like Mark Cuban who own teams.

I don't agree with Sheed's statement about the NBA trying to recruit more high school players (they are imposing an age limit after all), but the league does see black players as lesser people.

I guess it's hard to explain if you aren't black.</div>
    How can u say that when the league is prodominatly black, there are a lot of people that arent takin seriously for owning a team, u hear about MJ the most because of what he did for the game. What Rasheed said was disrespectful and uncalled for...he is trash, he talks trash, he breathes trash, i think the correct term is he is a cancer to the nba, it is those kind of players that give the nba a bad rep

16. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VAs Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">How can u say that when the league is prodominatly black, there are a lot of people that arent takin seriously for owning a team, u hear about MJ the most because of what he did for the game. What Rasheed said was disrespectful and uncalled for...he is trash, he talks trash, he breathes trash, i think the correct term is he is a cancer to the nba, it is those kind of players that give the nba a bad rep</div>

Couldn't agree with you more. :thumbsup:

17. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VAs Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">How can u say that when the league is prodominatly black, there are a lot of people that arent takin seriously for owning a team, u hear about MJ the most because of what he did for the game. What Rasheed said was disrespectful and uncalled for...he is trash, he talks trash, he breathes trash, i think the correct term is he is a cancer to the nba, it is those kind of players that give the nba a bad rep</div>

You didn't read a word that I wrote......

How is what he said disrespectful? A lot of it was true! <u>If Tim Duncan had said these things you people would not be reacting this way. </u> Charles Barkley said similar things back in the day. He said that you will never see a team of all black players because the white community would never come to see them play. Owners will always make sure there is a token white guy on their teams (Barkley's words, not mine).

People are forgetting that the NBA is a business, not a game. If you are a white executive, and you can use black people to make a profit wouldn't you do it? I think this whole issue is being blown out of proportion, mainly because it came from a Blazer's mouth.

Stop acting ignorant, and accept the truth people.

18. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">You didn't read a word that I wrote......

How is what he said disrespectful? A lot of it was true! <u>If Tim Duncan had said these things you people would not be reacting this way. </u> Charles Barkley said similar things back in the day. He said that you will never see a team of all black players because the white community would never come to see them play. Owners will always make sure there is a token white guy on their teams (Barkley's words, not mine).

People are forgetting that the NBA is a business, not a game. If you are a white executive, and you can use black people to make a profit wouldn't you do it? I think this whole issue is being blown out of proportion, mainly because it came from a Blazer's mouth.

Stop acting ignorant, and accept the truth people.</div>

I am the one acting ignorant? you need to accept the truth, you need to look pass ur love for Sheed and accept that what he said was unneccisarry(sp), and If TD said that, ur right we wouldnt act like this because first off he wouldnt say it, and second off he hasnt made a career of saying garabge things like Sheed has so he wouldnt take as much heat

19. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I am the one acting ignorant?</div>
    Ok I take that back. You are clearly not acting.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">you need to accept the truth, you need to look pass ur love for Sheed and accept that what he said was unneccisarry(sp)</div>
    I never said that it was necessary for him to say that. I simply said that there is some truth to what he said. That is something that you need to accept.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If TD said that, ur right we wouldnt act like this because first off he wouldnt say it, and second off he hasnt made a career of saying garabge things like Sheed has so he wouldnt take as much heat</div>
    When has Sheed spoken up like this in the past?! He's always done the opposite, and been fined for not saying enough (it's a violation of the media clause to make statements that are too general). Please get your facts straight before posting.

20. ~Fatality~

Both teams played hard
    Both teams played hard
    Both teams played hard
    Both teams played hard
    Both teams played hard
    Both teams played hard
    Both teams played hard