Sheed Drops Bombshell

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trail_Blazer76, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">Still as stated earlier, if Ray Allen said this people would take it seriously, and they should do so now.</div>

Ray Allen has enough respect for the league and his teammates not to say that kind of stuff in public. If he did, he would choose much better words so as not come off as bitter and a spoilt brat. If Ray Allen came out and said those things, maybe people would listen. But a) his image would be tarnished forever, and [​IMG] he's attained that reputation over years of being a good, humble person and not acting up. Sheed hasn't.

2. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

You guys act like a civilized, great reputation person would say this. But how do you get that rep? You dont come out and say vulger and completely un nessissary comments in public. Sheed is known for the crap, because hes done it all through his Nba career. Rasheed's statements are a joke and if he thinks anyone takes his opinion seriously, so is he.

3. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

The odds are he was half doped to the teeth when he said this ,but he just let it flow,he has some very good points.

4. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Ray Allen has enough respect for the league and his teammates not to say that kind of stuff in public. If he did, he would choose much better words so as not come off as bitter and a spoilt brat. If Ray Allen came out and said those things, maybe people would listen. But a) his image would be tarnished forever, and [​IMG] he's attained that reputation over years of being a good, humble person and not acting up. Sheed hasn't.</div>

Nothing personal, but I really wish that people would do their homework before making statements like this (this does not apply only to Sir Dez).

One year (when he was on the Bucks) Ray Allen said that he believes the NBA rigs playoff games so more popular teams end up playing in the later rounds. He said that the NBA does this to increase ratings, and that the refs were told to help certain teams win.

That is not of the same magnitude as Sheed's statement, but it is the same concept. Ray Allen's rep has not been tarnished since he made that statement.

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">Nothing personal, but I really wish that people would do their homework before making statements like this (this does not apply only to Sir Dez).

One year (when he was on the Bucks) Ray Allen said that he believes the NBA rigs playoff games so more popular teams end up playing in the later rounds. He said that the NBA does this to increase ratings, and that the refs were told to help certain teams win.

That is not of the same magnitude as Sheed's statement, but it is the same concept. Ray Allen's rep has not been tarnished since he made that statement.</div>

Damn, I really wish people wouldn't assume others haven't done their research. I know exactly what Ray said, and I accept that it wasn't appropriate. But we're talking chalk and cheese here. Ray made a few comments which were echoed by his teammates, Sheed is touching on a very, very delicate issue which could potentially get him in a lot of trouble such as racism, and accusations like he's made are completely unnacceptable as a pro-athlete and rolemodel.

Ray has held himself in a classy manner for the majority of his career which is why his rep isn't tarnished. Sheed has pulled stunts like this frequently, it gets tiresome and ultimately results in people not listening to him, which is his own doing.

6. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">accusations like he's made are completely unnacceptable as a pro-athlete and rolemodel. </div>

Statements that regard an ethnic group being given unfair treatment is unacceptable? I think it's very acceptable because then it will get people trying to find the light of how exactly things are being run. Of course he can choose a better way to say it, but I see no problem with him bringing up the issue itself.

7. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

If it is such an issue, why did it take Rasheed Wallace to say it?

Come on, Rasheed Wallace!?!?

I would not accept driving directions from him let alone this. He has no credibility.

8. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

Someone who has been through all the ropes has no credibility? You say don't judge Dennis Rodman's antics from his ability to make the hall of fame, well don't hold Rasheed Wallace's on the court antics from his ability to speak on issues such as this. So what if he isn't able to articulate his messages as well as others, but he is still speaking on a message everyone understands.

Whether you believe it or not, it is an issue. Most of the athletes today are just afraid to speak out on the issues. Why do you think people like Jim Brown are always calling out Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan? He thinks they should take more of a leadership role in things like this.

9. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sunsfan1357:</div><div class="quote_post">Statements that regard an ethnic group being given unfair treatment is unacceptable? I think it's very acceptable because then it will get people trying to find the light of how exactly things are being run. Of course he can choose a better way to say it, but I see no problem with him bringing up the issue itself.</div>

That's my point - what facts has he brought up to support his statement, other than his own opinions? It is a very serious allegation to come out and make to the press, especially when you're held in low regard through previous actions and felonies anyway.

10. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

And these guys are filthy rich, no matter why they don't speak out on this if it is an issue, why would Tiger or MJ do anything to tarnish their image to the mass majority?

Shut up, play ball, enjoy your multi millions...that sounds so terrible, I think I'll break a tear.

Everything is hand and hand with this.

I think everything that has had to be said has been said in this thread, I'm done with it as of this post, time to move on.

11. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

I think Rasheed is sitting back right now and laughing at all the clowns that were offended by his comments.

I think that some people on this board are so against Rasheed as a person that they can't respect what he said.

Rasheed made valid points and it does'nt matter how much you make a year you can still feel like he does.

12. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting nikebasketball:</div><div class="quote_post">
    I think Rasheed is sitting back right now and laughing at all the clowns that were offended by his comments.

I think that some people on this board are so against Rasheed as a person that they can't respect what he said.

Rasheed made valid points and it does'nt matter how much you make a year you can still feel like he does.
    </div>

I doubt that he's sitting back laughing because I think that he was really trying to get a point across. You are right, some people have been blinded by their hatred for Sheed and the Blazers. There are also a lot of naive people who would dismiss these FACTS regardless of which player stated them.

Anyone who thinks that NBA players shouldn't have opinions is being downright silly. Do you people really think that money = happiness? If NBA players were content with making money they would all be model citizens. It is a silly misconception that the wealthy should be happy all the time.

Should rich non-celebs ignore politics and not vote as a way of "keeping their mouths shut" simply because they are wealthy? He's thankful for the money that he has, but he wants to be seen as a human-being rather than a circus act.