Sheed Will Stay

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trail_Blazer76, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Just when it seemed Portland was prepared to make the most anticipated move of the NBA's trading season by dealing Rasheed Wallace away, Blazers owner Paul Allen -- not Dallas counterpart Mark Cuban -- had the biggest influence on Saturday's trade talks between the clubs. Sources close to the discussions told ESPN.com that, at Allen's insistence, the Trail Blazers suddenly prefer to keep Wallace.
    Stein also reports the Blazers weren't willing to take on Tariq Abdul-Wahad's contract:

Although there is still plenty of time before the deadline for another philosophical shift -- and sweetened offers for Wallace -- it appears that Allen's preference is to give the 'Sheed Era one more shot. The Mavericks, sources said, were informed Saturday evening that Portland will not accept a package of Antawn Jamison and Tariq Abdul-Wahad.
    Meanwhile, Peter Vecsey says the Blazers made an offer to 'Sheed to extend his deal, but he rebuffed them:

North by northwest sources state Rashweed, poor soul, was offended by management's first extension offer, starting at $8 million. "He may accept that number [or almost half that number] from another team, but that isn't going to cut it in Portland," reveals my hearing aide. </div>

Full Story

Obviously nothing is certain, but I can't help but hope that this is a done deal. Sheed stay, and we have a shot at the championship in a couple years.

2. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

This is great, I never wanted the Blazers to deal Sheed away.

3. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I'm sorry to say I wasn't very fond of him, but I'm glad his fans stuck by him, although I'm unsure if he'd actually appreciate it. At least you keep a "key" player, rebounding and scoring. Congratulations.

4. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Sheed will NOT be a Blazer after the deadline. I just have this gut feeling. If i am wrong, slap me and call me Susan.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

There are talks Rasheed might sign an extention.They have reportly given him the choice,or just become a free-agent at the end of the season.

6. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

The offered him $8 million, and he was insulted by it.

7. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know if Wallace staying in Portland is a good thing or not...I see it both ways...Wallace is a very good player, but despite having talented teams, Portland has been bounced from the playoffs every single year...sometimes, you just have to throw in the towel and start over..