Should Brandon Roy play PG?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Gee_Dupe11, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

For me the Blazers need to let their young talent develop this is the lineup I would go with....

PG- Jack
    SG- Martell Webster
    SF- Brandon Roy
    PF- LaMarcus Aldridge
    C- Magloire

Trade Randolph and Miles they don't want to be there forget them. I think if they get rid of Randolph and Miles the "Jail Blazer" persona will finally be gone from this team.

2. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting babybulls:</div><div class="quote_post">stop saying that, it doesn't add to your argument or make you sound smart. I didn't even use the word snub in my post so why are you telling me to look up it's definition. Also, I hate when people come in here and say that stuff because many words are used as slang so looking up the definition doesn't help anyone.</div>

Well if you're saying Paul should of made it over so and so, you're saying he got snubbed. Why only reply to that part of his post too? He wrote 3 full paragraphs in response to you, and you nit pick and respond to that only and don't even give a good response.

3. babybulls

babybulls JBB JustBBall Member

^^ i think his point is saying that people misuse the word snub, as you just misused it while trying to defend him... so why don't you read some posts before jumping in to the argument. The definition of the word snub means to completely blow off, so what he is saying is chris paul would be "snumbbed" if he wasn't even considered for the all-star game... at least that is what it would mean by definition. So by defintiion CP was not snubbed. I am simply saying that chris paul should have made the all-star team, but i don't want to get into an argument player by player cause I think it is stupid. He went by stats then started talking about team accomplishments and was changing his debate to fit him. If you are going to go by team accomplishments, there is no way paul should not have been in the all-star because no one thought the hornets would turn around the way he did. Also, he agrued position but all the time players get injured and are replaced by players of another position so I do not believe position was a factor.

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting babybulls:</div><div class="quote_post">stop saying that, it doesn't add to your argument or make you sound smart. I didn't even use the word snub in my post so why are you telling me to look up it's definition. Also, I hate when people come in here and say that stuff because many words are used as slang so looking up the definition doesn't help anyone.</div>
    Then why are you arguing with me? I didn't say Paul did not deserve to make it, I was telling him Paul was not snubbed. So if we both agree Paul deserved to make it, but circumstances didn't fall his way, what are we debating about?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">^^ i think his point is saying that people misuse the word snub, as you just misused it while trying to defend him... so why don't you read some posts before jumping in to the argument. The definition of the word snub means to completely blow off, so what he is saying is chris paul would be "snumbbed" if he wasn't even considered for the all-star game... at least that is what it would mean by definition. So by defintiion CP was not snubbed. I am simply saying that chris paul should have made the all-star team, but i don't want to get into an argument player by player cause I think it is stupid. He went by stats then started talking about team accomplishments and was changing his debate to fit him. If you are going to go by team accomplishments, there is no way paul should not have been in the all-star because no one thought the hornets would turn around the way he did. Also, he agrued position but all the time players get injured and are replaced by players of another position so I do not believe position was a factor</div>
    Well the first 2 guys you posted Paul could not have made it over because that was a positional situation. I don't think surprise factor get's you in the All-Star game. I also said with wins it's usually when you're on a good team, and the Hornets were just in the .500 range at that time. <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Hornets were at about .500 when the reserves were chosen, so they had the better record, but they were not a "good" team. Which is what normally get's players on, playing for a top team</div> If you look at the guys people say don't deserve it and get in on wins, it's always the guys on a #1 or #2 team. Eg: some of the Pistons guys, Manu Ginobili in 04-05 etc, so I didn't change my argument, I was just saying that the coaches seems to try to award guys on top teams because I guess it means their numbers might be lower, but they mean more to winning. A guy on a .500 team normally won't get if over a guy on a bad but not horrific team based on that alone, but it could be a factor. I liked Paul over Ray, but I had a feeling Ray would get it anyways, he's the older guy, there's usually an older guy bias.

So really you're not arguing against me at all....[​IMG]

Also if you haven't realized, I'm a Paul fan, he's amazed me since I saw him at Wake, so it's not like I'd have bias towards Ray, it's even the other way around.