Should Houston Trade Yao Ming?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by bballer768484, Oct 17, 2005.

1. PlaTsanity

PlaTsanity JBB JustBBall Member

LOL
    i was playing nba live 06
    i get this PDA message
    i click on it---and it says "major blockbuster deal done--Houston sends Yao Ming to Chicago and Chicago sends Hinrich to Houston"

and throughout the season--houston actually improved[​IMG]

2. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PlaTsanity:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL
    i was playing nba live 06
    i get this PDA message
    i click on it---and it says "major blockbuster deal done--Houston sends Yao Ming to Chicago and Chicago sends Hinrich to Houston"

and throughout the season--houston actually improved[​IMG]</div>

thats bull i have live 06, their salaries woudln't match. there was obviously more to that deal.

3. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shootingmachine:</div><div class="quote_post">What the hell is this supposed to mean? Lebron is gonna be the best player in the NBA, you think only kids younger than 14 have him as there favourite player?</div>
    First Ben over Yao, now your declaring Lebron the best player in the league. You must be 14yrs old[​IMG]

4. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

No, Yaos salary just went up this year remember man? Before this season I believe they were both signed under there rooky contracts. I am really bad with this part of basketball, and correct me if im wrong. They are both signed under the rooky max, which is $4 mil a year.

So yea, its very likey in NBA live 06 if just the salaries have to mach.

5. PlaTsanity

PlaTsanity JBB JustBBall Member

^^
    their salaries did match
    it wasnt the first year
    it was when they both were re-signed

6. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">First Ben over Yao, now your declaring Lebron the best player in the league. You must be 14yrs old</div>
    Can you read? He said Lebron is going to be the best player in the league. Think before you post.

7. bryce40ww

bryce40ww JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">First Ben over Yao, now your declaring Lebron the best player in the league. You must be 14yrs old</div>
    Congratulations on being able to read a public profile. <font color="red">[edited to prevent potential flaming~ Locke]</font> Saying that ben is better and that lebron is the best are very debatable points that shouldn't be dismissed because of somebody's age.

As for this topic, its absolutely ridiculous. Yao is a great talent, and there wouldnt be much point in trading him for another big man because he's so young. And no forward or guard that would be involved in a trade like that would want to share the ball with Tmac.

8. market

market JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bballer768484:</div><div class="quote_post">I truly believe they should so Houston can succeed. Yao is a great player and all, but if they get rid of him it will give the main man Tracy Mcgrady more touches and more shots. So he doesn't have to worry about pleasing Yao and passing it in the post. Tracy will be able to take over games and be the leading scorer in the league again. He is by far the best player on the floor for Houston so why put some clamps on his game by making him give Yao touches. Let Tracy Roam Free!</div>

silly joke,T-M isn't the God,he may score more than 30 per game,but without Yao,Rockets is just another Magic.

9. uzairah

uzairah JBB Banned Member

I like where this thread is going...

10. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

Why won't everybody just do a search on bballer768484 and check out all the controversy that he stirs up on his posts. Sure keeps jbball goin.

11. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Can you read? He said Lebron is going to be the best player in the league. Think before you post.</div>
    Aznxballer.....lol. You shouldn't be criticizing anybody on they're posts, but I won't go there[​IMG]

12. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Aznxballer.....lol. You shouldn't be criticizing anybody on they're posts, but I won't go there</div>
    I'm laughing my ass off. At least I don't mistake "gonna" for "is".

13. shootingmachine

shootingmachine JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">First Ben over Yao, now your declaring Lebron the best player in the league. You must be 14yrs old[​IMG]</div>

Don't worry guys, he isn't actually as stupid as he is trying to be. He's just trying to get a little dig in at me because I think Big Ben is better than Yao at the moment. If you could actually read you mightn't be typing such foolish things. Oh yeah, what's wrong with 14 year olds? I know alot of them and they know more about the NBA than you do, because they can take there head out there asses to realize that just because a player is on your team it doesn't mean he's better than all other players (e.g Yao over Ben because Yao is an excellent offensice player(18 points is hard to believe)).

14. lakerman34

lakerman34 JBB JustBBall Member

Amen to that, shootingmachine.

15. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

let's see... trade away 90% of your team to build around a supposed "franchise" center and then end up trading him? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me... [​IMG] Let's see.. who is left from Yao's rookie season? Moochie? Oh wait, we already did get rid of him once.

16. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Aznxballer.....lol. You shouldn't be criticizing anybody on they're posts, but I won't go there[​IMG]</div>

Wow. Oh wow... You sound like a two year old, did you graduate highschool? He pointed out something that you were wrong about, accept it, and stop acting like you're the most knowledgable or greatest Rockets fan that ever lived.

Oh and it their not they're.

17. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

in his 2nd year i got impatient and i was mad at yao lot of the games... but now.. he is a wonderful player and still improves.. so why should we trade him? we only have 2 centers including yao so that would be non sense

18. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bballer768484:</div><div class="quote_post">I truly believe they should so Houston can succeed. Yao is a great player and all, but if they get rid of him it will give the main man Tracy Mcgrady more touches and more shots. So he doesn't have to worry about pleasing Yao and passing it in the post. Tracy will be able to take over games and be the leading scorer in the league again. He is by far the best player on the floor for Houston so why put some clamps on his game by making him give Yao touches. Let Tracy Roam Free!</div>

Why would McGrady need more touches? He averaged 25 a game, is that not good enough for you? What if he averaged 20 ppg but they won a championship?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea, but any one who shoots the ball is just taking away a potential T-Mac shot. We can't have that. No one can shoot the ball but T-Mac, or else they would just be getting in the way. T-Mac has to exceed beyond his imits and put up every shot. Then the Rockets would win every game.[​IMG]

Seriously if I had to let one go. T-Mac or Yao, and I REALLY HATE to think of this. If I realllly had to let one go it would be.........TMac. [​IMG]</div>

The more sensible choice. You ALWAYS choose a big man over a guard. You don't win championships without a big *good* big man, excuse Jordan.

19. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

HUH? Didn't tmac get as much shots as he wanted when he was in Orlando? And things didn't turn out to well there. You want him back in the past? Who's a legit center who can replace yao? ARe you joking?

20. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswer2:</div><div class="quote_post">

The more sensible choice. You ALWAYS choose a big man over a guard. You don't win championships without a big *good* big man, excuse Jordan.</div>

Jordon did have a beast on the rebounds in Rodman but even if he didn't score alot, he had an unstoppable backcourt and bench in Pippen, Kerr, and Kukoc(in his prime).