Should Houston Trade Yao Ming?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by bballer768484, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Absolutely not, Yao Ming is a superstar already, and makes an impact in games. The Rockets are off to a rough start, but you cannot pass the blame to Yao. I think the injury to Bobby Sura is biggest reason this team is losing. Sura was the QB of the Rockets and without a capable replacement the team is really struggling to find rhythm. Yao Ming makes the game so much easier for the rest of his teammates. He commands a double and sometimes triple team from the defense, and Yao is great at passing out of those. It's not his fault his teammates cannot make wide open shots. Without those perimeter players hitting consistently, it allows defenses to cheat off them and put more pressure on Yao. Same thing on the other end of the court. None of those players on top can defend worth a lick, and allow dribble penetration, leading to cheap fouls on Yao.

The one gripe I have about Yao is his FTAs. He should be getting to the line far more than 6.4 a game. He should double that output at the free throw line and instead of fading with his jumpshot, he should draw contact from his defender and get to the line.

As far as his consistency, he's only scored under 10 points one time the entire season. Plus he has 7 double doubles on the season.

2. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

this is a pathetic question.. big time.... unless there is always if... it depends on the trade... if we get shaq and dwane then yes... but if its just shaq... no.. if we're trading for ilguaskik and huge then yes... but none of those crazy trades are giong to happen unless we do some three way trade with the raptors, and orlando (their gm has made some stupid mistakes) where we give raptors yao and we get back bosh and mike james, toronto gives orlando one future draft pick, we give orlando 2nd round draft pick, moochie, and bowen and they give us terkulu.... orlando gives toronto stevenson thhis is A BIG IFF...

3. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

Yao was the reason TMac wanted to come here... if the rockets trade him, do you think he'd really want to stay??

4. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

^^^ yes....

5. jbbRockStar

jbbRockStar JBB JustBBall Member

I hope the Rockets will trade Yao if JVG is going to stay in Houston.

JVG isnt the right coach for Yao or for the Rockets. JVG has limited Yao offensive to low post and PnR with T-Mac. Yao's jumper and passing skill is highly under utilized.

I hope to see Yao get a more successful career, the ideal destination will be Lakers.

6. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

I find this thread very rediculous and this is the 1st time ive even clicked on it.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RockStar:</div><div class="quote_post">I hope the Rockets will trade Yao if JVG is going to stay in Houston.

JVG isnt the right coach for Yao or for the Rockets. JVG has limited Yao offensive to low post and PnR with T-Mac. Yao's jumper and passing skill is highly under utilized.

I hope to see Yao get a more successful career, the ideal destination will be Lakers.</div>

You sure about that? In the playoffs that was the only play the Rockets would run. It was unstoppable against Dallas.

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

All the hype aside, it's still difficult to find a centre in the league as good as Yao. As long as the Rockets don't give him a max contract, I don't think there's any reason for them to feel compelled to dump him. Especially when they won't get a player or center of equal value in return.

8. T-M-A-C

T-M-A-C JBB JustBBall Member

heck no they would not trade yao ming i mean he always saves the balls for the team and the tallest one in the nba as well.

9. Hillqiuxin

Hillqiuxin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting viertelasiat:</div><div class="quote_post">Well i personally would rather have KG than Yao however there is the amount of money the rockets would lose because they lose the chinese market in Yao and that is why it will not happen.</div>
    Yes, Just Trade Yao, then Yao can get a ring in his career. VS Grizzles,Yao is the only one who is fighting on the battle, maybe Sura will do the same if he is back. The other guys were waiting for the game end after the 1st qurter including T-Mac, have u see a moment about his face when he finished fast run ? I just thought I had seen this kind of face , yes, in Magic ! Come on, It's your team !

10. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    For anyone who is unclear, this is the Houston Rockets forum, not the Yao Ming forum. Please think about what's best about this team, or don't post here at all. I've seen a lot of Yao fans who just want to see him succeed. Well, if Yao averages 30 ppg and the team fails to make the playoffs, are you happy or sad?

11. Hillqiuxin

Hillqiuxin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">For anyone who is unclear, this is the Houston Rockets forum, not the Yao Ming forum. Please think about what's best about this team, or don't post here at all. I've seen a lot of Yao fans who just want to see him succeed. Well, if Yao averages 30 ppg and the team fails to make the playoffs, are you happy or sad?</div>

Yes, Yao fans want to see his success, how can he get it, of course, Rockets win throuth the way.
    This is a public forum, right ? So u just post what u want to share with us.
    Anything wrong ?

12. hohoyoyoyo

hohoyoyoyo JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Hillqiuxin:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes, Yao fans want to see his success, how can he get it, of course, Rockets win throuth the way.
    Anything wrong ?</div>

totally agree

Houston's horrible season is mostly on their guard situations...too injury prone and too old, not to mention undersized (wesley is like at least 3 inches shorter than normal guards these days)

And it's true that it's hard to find a good centre these days...however, i do have to say that he is too soft. I call him Spongeyao squareface, since he is as soft as sponge, and his face is too square (plese look at his picture on yahoo sports player file).

He needs to get tougher without getting into foul trouble...and they need better backcourts and better bench (swift is not very swift).

13. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Hillqiuxin:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes, Yao fans want to see his success, how can he get it, of course, Rockets win throuth the way.
    Anything wrong ?</div>
    Actually, this is not a general forum. This forum is strictly for discussion regarding the Houston Rockets. Any talk about Yao winning a championship with another team should be directed somewhere else.

14. dingking

dingking JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually, this is not a general forum. This forum is strictly for discussion regarding the Houston Rockets. Any talk about Yao winning a championship with another team should be directed somewhere else.</div>

What about those T-mac fans who speaks solely on T-mac's performance? I didn't see any of your criticism on those T-mac zealots. I doubt in this forum T-mac fans are way greater than yao fans. Quite frankly, they are both rockets' important elements, and it dosn't necessarily mean a yao fan must not be a rocket fan. I am a creasy yao fan and a creasy rocket fan in the mean time. Yao and T-mac's performance on the court is directly related to the Rockets' standing in the league. I don't think talking about Yao individually in this forum is inappropriate. Get my point?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">For anyone who is unclear, this is the Houston Rockets forum, not the Yao Ming forum. Please think about what's best about this team, or don't post here at all. I've seen a lot of Yao fans who just want to see him succeed. Well, if Yao averages 30 ppg and the team fails to make the playoffs, are you happy or sad?</div>

Acutually I should quote this. I mis-quoted in my last post. I agree that nobody should talk about the possibility for Yao to win a title in another team.

15. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting dingking:</div><div class="quote_post">
    I acutually I should quote this. I mis-quoted in my last post. I agree that nobody should talk about the possibility for Yao to win a title in another team.</div>So what's the problem if we both agree?

This is a team forum, and any talk of individual merits with balatant disregard for the team's well-being just isn't accepted.

16. aznkillabeez

aznkillabeez JBB JustBBall Member

I really hope that the Rox would try to bring KG to the Rox.. I would trade him for tmac. KG is one of nba's best players, and although mcgrady is a great player, in my opinion he is no where close to KG. But this trade is unlikely to happen because of how much the rox love tmac..

Any team that would acquire KG next year would be the most improved team i bet.

17. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

What if the Spurs acquired him...Would they be the most improved team? Now that would be FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY! It would be funny to see how teams would react to this. We might see great teams like Dallas try to throw away the season just to get a high 1st round draft.

Never going to happen though.

BTW, I think the real question should be; Why should Houston trade Yao Ming?

18. dingking

dingking JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting aznkillabeez:</div><div class="quote_post">I really hope that the Rox would try to bring KG to the Rox.. I would trade him for tmac. KG is one of nba's best players, and although mcgrady is a great player, in my opinion he is no where close to KG. But this trade is unlikely to happen because of how much the rox love tmac..

Any team that would acquire KG next year would be the most improved team i bet.</div>

Sounds not a bad deal. But who can does the penetration without T-Mac? It seems nobody can do the job well other than T-mac. I cant imagine whoelse could possibly replaces him. Forget it, not doable.

19. grillbar

grillbar JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 42...:</div><div class="quote_post">Houston without Yao = LA without Shaq</div>

No,worse, because tmac ain't kobe. tmac w/o yao would be orlando, kobe w/o shag is still a playoff contender

20. side45wayz

side45wayz JBB JustBBall Member

You guys are hands down the most stupid people who have ever opened their mouths. McGrady for Garnett? Shaq without Kobe = playoffs? No wonder nobody in Houston really knows what's going on.

"Sounds not a bad deal. But who can does the penatration without T-Mac?"
    WTF??? If you are Chineese then I apologise and understand the translation problems, but it says your from St. Louis, get your f@#$in' English straight and start making some sense.

Kobe isn't holding McGrady's jock. Watch the f***ing games. Twice as many shoots and doesn't get his team involved anywhere near the way McGrady does. Start watching the games instead of saying every stupid thing that pops up in your head. You must be the same people calling for Van Gundy to get fired. Know what your what talking about next time before saying something ignorant.

I can't even post on this board anymore because of all the ignorance that gets splattered. It's hard to even read the Rockets's forum anymore. You guys are way beyond dissapointing. Thank God there is CFans. Ya'll are pathetic