Should Memphis trade Gasol?

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by jbbKnicks, Feb 10, 2003.

1. jbbKnicks

jbbKnicks JBB JustBBall Member

I think they should not trade him because he is a great player. He can block rebound and score. It would be a big mistake trading gasol.

2. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

Definetly not. They already traded Gooden and Giricek...

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I think that they should trade Gasol, but only if they get another All-Star quality PF in return. He is not hurting the Grizzlies in anyway right now.

4. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

if they trade Gasol, they'll be like they were in the beginning of the season. In the summer, expect lots of trades and new signings.

5. natedogg

natedogg JBB JustBBall Member

NO way GASOL is gonna be the heart and soul of the GRIZ

6. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

i dont think they should trade him, they wouldnt get a very good they prolly wouldnt get a very good player for him, but they should trade mike miller for gooden and giricek

7. UKfan4Life

UKfan4Life JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think they should. Gasol isn't hurting the Grizzlies, but he is playing out of position and is doing a pretty good job of it. [​IMG]

8. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "UKfan4Life":</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think they should. Gasol isn't hurting the Grizzlies, but he is playing out of position and is doing a pretty good job of it. [​IMG]</div>He is playing out of position? He is a natural PF. And he plays PF.

9. UKfan4Life

UKfan4Life JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "UKfan4Life":</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think they should. Gasol isn't hurting the Grizzlies, but he is playing out of position and is doing a pretty good job of it. [​IMG]</div>He is playing out of position? He is a natural PF. And he plays PF.</div>

He's been playing center a lot hasn't he?

10. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "UKfan4Life":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "UKfan4Life":</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think they should. Gasol isn't hurting the Grizzlies, but he is playing out of position and is doing a pretty good job of it. [​IMG]</div>He is playing out of position? He is a natural PF. And he plays PF.</div>

He's been playing center a lot hasn't he?</div>Well, Brown experimented by putting him there in the middle of the season, but towards the end of the seaon it was Wright with Batiste or Swift as a backup. They never really had a certain lineup.

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Grizzles shouldn't trade gasol..but i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen..in exchange for a high draft pick

12. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Grizzles shouldn't trade gasol..but i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen..in exchange for a high draft pick</div>Like Darko? [​IMG]

13. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

Gasols gonna be very good

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Grizzles shouldn't trade gasol..but i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen..in exchange for a high draft pick</div>Like Darko? [​IMG]</div>

Sorry don't want him..i was thinking more like Carmelo..

15. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

Gasol is gonna be a future all-star, i dont think west is crazy enough to trade him

16. Voodoo Child

Allnet, we already have two excellent SF's. We don't need Carmelo. That would screw up our whole team and make West's last two trades look really dumb. Although the ESPN Insider rumored it, it's not going to happen. Why do you guys not want Gasol? I would jump at the chance to get a Franchise player for an undeveloped rookie.

Check this lineup out -

C - Ben Wallace
    PF - Pau Gasol
    SF - Tayshaun Prince
    SG - Rip Hamilton
    PG - Chauncey Billups

17. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post">Gasol is gonna be a future all-star, i dont think west is crazy enough to trade him</div>Very true. And it will hurt to trade your main source of points and rebounds for a rookie.

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post">Why do you guys not want Gasol? I would jump at the chance to get a Franchise player for an undeveloped rookie.

Check this lineup out -

C - Ben Wallace
    PF - Pau Gasol
    SF - Tayshaun Prince
    SG - Rip Hamilton
    PG - Chauncey Billups</div>

because i want to see darko plan out...we would be crazy to trade darko...could gasol lead us to a title? highly doubt it...could darko? maybe so..as he is protected to be a superstar big man with a complete game..gasol would be a great 2nd option but not a guy to lead your team to the finals and win it

19. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "jdub":</div><div class="quote_post">i dont think they should trade him, they wouldnt get a very good they prolly wouldnt get a very good player for him, but they should trade mike miller for gooden and giricek</div>

i don't think either team would redo that trade. the only way the magic would do the trade is to either get the grizz pick this year and for the future. and the magic still wouldn't do it.

i think memphis will hold onto gasol.

20. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post">Why do you guys not want Gasol? I would jump at the chance to get a Franchise player for an undeveloped rookie.

Check this lineup out -

C - Ben Wallace
    PF - Pau Gasol
    SF - Tayshaun Prince
    SG - Rip Hamilton
    PG - Chauncey Billups</div>

because i want to see darko plan out...we would be crazy to trade darko...could gasol lead us to a title? highly doubt it...could darko? maybe so..as he is protected to be a superstar big man with a complete game..gasol would be a great 2nd option but not a guy to lead your team to the finals and win it</div>I guess I agree. Although Gasol is our Franchise player, he would be the second option on 20 out of the 29 NBA teams. He is very weak and a poor shooter.