Should Memphis trade Gasol?

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by jbbKnicks, Feb 10, 2003.

1. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

poor shooter? he's at 51%

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Grizzles shouldn't trade gasol..but i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen..in exchange for a high draft pick</div>Like Darko? [​IMG]</div>
    from what i've heard about Darko, his style of play sounds a little big like Gasol's. Gasol can shoot outside & dribble. Darko might be a little better at that, but I think Gasol will have the rebounding edge on Darko.

2. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

his fg% is high mostly from post up moves, his 3 point % is less than .200% i think and that is bad

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post">his fg% is high mostly from post up moves, his 3 point % is less than .200% i think and that is bad</div>Yes, but his post up moves are some of the best post up moves in the NBA. He has a skyhook that noone's had since Kareem. Noone can block it. It's the undefendable move.

4. go_duke21

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post">his fg% is high mostly from post up moves, his 3 point % is less than .200% i think and that is bad</div>Yes, but his post up moves are some of the best post up moves in the NBA. He has a skyhook that noone's had since Kareem. Noone can block it. It's the undefendable move.</div>

i wasnt trying to bash his post up moves i was just trying to explain what u might have meant when u said Gasol was a poor shooter

5. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post">his fg% is high mostly from post up moves, his 3 point % is less than .200% i think and that is bad</div>Yes, but his post up moves are some of the best post up moves in the NBA. He has a skyhook that noone's had since Kareem. Noone can block it. It's the undefendable move.</div>

i wasnt trying to bash his post up moves i was just trying to explain what u might have meant when u said Gasol was a poor shooter</div>Oh, I gotcha. Tone is hard to pick up over the internet. [​IMG]

6. go_duke21

yea it is :thumbsdown:

7. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

gasol is <font color="green">-</font> i would get rid of him if i was the grizzlies

<font color="green"><font size="7">Edited by Spartanfan2003</font></font>

8. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "jdub":</div><div class="quote_post">gasol is <font color="green">-</font> i would get rid of him if i was the grizzlies

<font color="green"><font size="7">Edited by Spartanfan2003</font></font></div>Gasol, a second year player, averaged 19ppg, 9 rpg, and 2bpg.

9. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think they should trade him, this guy is only getting better. I think the griz should just work around Gasol, instead of trading him. For example trading Michael Dickerson for a lottery pick or another already in the league SG.

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

the knock on gasol has been he's a slow learner and doesn't give the necessary effort each game. i don't think Jerry West is a big fan of Gasol and he is still livid over the team not getting Amare. i think west is determined to move up in the draft and he will not be afraid to pull the trigger on gasol. as good as gasol is, he is not a franchise player, but lebron, darko, or melo have the potential to be. if he can't get one of those, i think he will either gamble on pietrus or trade the pick outright.

11. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">the knock on gasol has been he's a slow learner and doesn't give the necessary effort each game. i don't think Jerry West is a big fan of Gasol and he is still livid over the team not getting Amare. i think west is determined to move up in the draft and he will not be afraid to pull the trigger on gasol. as good as gasol is, he is not a franchise player, but lebron, darko, or melo have the potential to be. if he can't get one of those, i think he will either gamble on pietrus or trade the pick outright.</div>Yes, but the Pistons and Cavaliers wouldn't do Gasol for their pick and we don't want Carmelo.

12. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

cleveland definately isn't trading their pick. but i think a package deal gasol & memphis pick for #2 might be possible.

13. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">cleveland definately isn't trading their pick. but i think a package deal gasol & memphis pick for #2 might be possible.</div>I personally don't want to risk losing our Franchise player for a bust, but I don't know what Jerry knows.

14. t.mcbraggart

t.mcbraggart JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "jdub":</div><div class="quote_post">i dont think they should trade him, they wouldnt get a very good they prolly wouldnt get a very good player for him, but they should trade mike miller for gooden and giricek</div>
    hahaha