Should the Blazers make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by julius, Mar 25, 2014.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Trust in Olshey! Bring on the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may..I think we'll win a series. I plan to enjoy the last 10 regular season games without freaking out. This is NOT last season and it's tiring having them constantly compared. Dame has never been in a playoff game and I think he'll step up big time when it happens.

2. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    What is the as-of date for this diagram?

3. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Honestly, that's the ONLY thing that interests me about the Playoffs. We're going to get creamed, but I want to see how Lillard plays. I think/hope that the Playoffs are where we'll see the Lillard we've been sold on come into being. My worry is that Stotts still won't have figured out a way to deal with the opposition aggressively jumping P/Rs. If he can figure that one thing out then I'm excited about watching Lillard rise to the occasion. If he doesn't, then I fear Lillard will continue to look very ordinary.

4. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    This team played above its head early in the season and we have taken a nose dive and are playing much worse. This Blazers team is more in the middle of what we have seen.
    If anyone told you this is how we stood at the beginning of the season everyone not named Mags would have been stoked. Our expectations rose with the level of play this team sustained through 35 games and now those expectations have seemed to come crashing down in a fiery plane crash because of some very mediocre to horrible basketball after the next 35 games.
    We have 45 wins with 11 games left and we are getting our best player back, seems like a good thing to me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

5. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

FTFY

6. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Will you enjoy the last 10 games if we lose most of them?

7. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I will. I love my Blazers, win or lose.

8. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

If they compete, sure. I enjoy the local high school team here and they lose more often than not but play with a lot of heart. I enjoyed the Miami loss because of the 4th qtr and the heart the team showed. I love basketball. Blowouts are boring. I think we'll win 50 games, maybe 52 this season and if you haven't noticed, the west is deeper than I can ever remember it being this year.

10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I've also been a fan since the team first arrived and enjoyed every season on some level. If I didn't, I'd be a die hard Spurs fan. Love the game and don't expect things is my motto. I've been really surprised this season all said and done. We lost our fair share of nail biters and then there's the Charlotte blowout which I admit, I did not enjoy.

11. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Funny...we used to have a guy here who didn't get upset over the team losing - in fact he kinda enjoyed it. He was banned. :dunno:

For the non-Mixums in the crowd, current events are painful.

12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

yeah right, I'm a Blazer fan and have been for several decades, I enjoy the game, twist it into a Mixum comparison? I think blowouts are boring and sweeps in the playoffs are boring. As a fan of the game I like to see it go down to the wire. 1pt overtime buzzer beater championship, that's what they play for. Quality competition. It's a game, not a root canal

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

and for good measure, getting upset is unhealthy, some folks take things way too seriously IMO..misery loves company

14. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

you made the cardinal mistake of not talking about the Blazers with rainbows and unicorns 100% of the time. That will get you in trouble around here

Can't play defense, so.
    Have a weak bench still, doesn't matter
    No front court veteran depth, not on their watch
    Easy schedule to start the year ha, scoff
    Blazers are the best team in the history of the game and only lose because of the refs or some insane jinx theory because of superstition. Now you're talking

15. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    They looked better defensively and are deep inside even without Freeland. They don't have a weak bench, either, Claver should play ahead of Wrigt though. I think if we settle on a tight rotation, with Lamarcus back, we can win some games. The Chicago game is the first test, I think it's winnable, could be a nice way to finish the road trip.

16. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

If you truly believe that you are either a blind fan that has no credibility or you don't know the game.

17. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    T-Rob is a much better player, Claver can play inside, with Aldridge healthy we are deep enough, if Freeland returns we're very deep.