Should the Pack trade Brett Favre to the Jets?

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by Zackman, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

This is an interesting hypothetical situation, but won't (and could never) happen. Something fun to think about, though.

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>Joe Montana and Bobby Layne are HOF QB's that won 3 world championships with the 49ers and the Lions, both ended they're careers with other teams. There's lots of QB's like Favre with only one championship that finished up on other teams. Joe Namath and Jim McMahon come to mind.

I say it's a win-win trade. Good for everyone involved. Sure a few cheeseheads would cry (And I would laugh at them), but as a GM that's not your concern.</div>

If someone stepped up with enough compensation, you have to do it. i.e. a 1st and a 3rd. I dont want it to happen, it would rebuild pack, right now they are on way down.

3. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Notice that it's 2 fans of Favre's rivals that want and think it should happen. Actually Bearfan neve really said yes but I am assuming so.</div>

And all the people saying that Favre shouldn't be traded are Packers fans.

Look, if the Packers are 0-5, who cares what they do with their team? I don't. At 0-5 I don't think any team is going to fear them. The same goes for any team from the North.

Let's face it. The superbowl winner of this year is not going to come from the NFC North. Everyone in this division sucks.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Notice that it's 2 fans of Favre's rivals that want and think it should happen. Actually Bearfan neve really said yes but I am assuming so.</div>

And all the people saying that Favre shouldn't be traded are Packers fans.

Look, if the Packers are 0-5, who cares what they do with their team? I don't. At 0-5 I don't think any team is going to fear them. The same goes for any team from the North.

Let's face it. The superbowl winner of this year is not going to come from the NFC North. Everyone in this division sucks.</div>

If you can continue to win divsions or games it will attract more free agents to the city. The trade is dumb idea. The cap hit would be HUGE for the Packers if they made the trade. Favre has made more money in bonus than any Packer ever. I mean maybe after the season if he wants to play and you want to go to the future then sure but not during the middle of the season.

Jets,Dolphins and Panthers are fans are against it as well.

Yes if the Packers are 0-5 like you all are hoping. Everyone else could be 1-4 or 2-5. Green Bay isn't as bad as most think. We'll come out of Green Bay next week with a win against the Saints in my opinion. The North is Baseballs NL West. Below 500 and your in is very possible. Dumb trade!! Dumb Idea!! Never will happen!! Whoever would trade for favre isn't the smartest either. They would be getting a one year at best QB and giving up a pick they could use on a Marcus Vick,Brodie Cyrole,Jay Cutler. Thats why it will never happen and why it's a dumb idea.

5. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

This isn't a dumb idea at all. You may not agree with it, but Zachman has produced a very interesting idea. The Jets are a good team that could make a decent playoff run if they had a QB the quality of Favre. Who knows? If Favre was playing on a competitive team at season's end, then he might come back for another season or two. It's becoming painfully obvious that the Packers are going to need to rebuild. The PR backlash could be severe, but getting something for Favre would be very helpful for the rebuilding process.

6. Vikings_4life

Vikings_4life nfl-*****s member

Wait, there is a rumor of this going around?

7. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I haven't heard one. I think Zachman was just posing an interesting possibility.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I haven't heard one. I think Zachman was just posing an interesting possibility.</div>

I mean it is kind of intriging but neither sides would really benefit from it. Zackman's perspective is the Pack will be 0-5. Mine is we'll be 2-3 hopefully. Not guarnting anything. Theres no rumor and it won't happen. Plain and simple!

Edit while your in the middle of a divsion that anyone can win in you don't trade your starting QB. If the Lions,Vikings or Bears were primed to run away with it then I could see the idea. See my 5 reasons posted!

1. The Season is far from over and the Packers are a game out of first in the divsion with 5 divsion games remaining.

2. The Jets would be stupid for giving a 2nd round pick. Get Favre who'll probably retire at the end of the season and give up a very valuable pick which in your case a 2nd which could be used on a Brodie Cyrole or Jay Cutler for your future.

3. The cap hit wouldn't be pretty for the Packers.

4. You throw a guy who barely beat out Craig Nall for the number 2 spot on the depth chart out there and he'll probably get lit up. You let him keep learning. Give him this year and another training camp to learn the system even better and you might and should get a better result.

5. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! To quote my boy Edwards. Your throwing in the season with Rodgers and go 3-13 which would be accurate. Playing Favre gives you a chance to go 7-9 or 8-8 and maybe make the playoffs and would probably keep you coaching staff so again Rodgers wouldn't have to learn a different system.

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Shermans job is done if he trades Favre, so if you were a coach you would want to do anything to keep your job, and Favre is his best shot at that.

10. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Sherman isn't the GM, though, so it's not his decision to trade Favre.

I'm guessing TKO is wishing the Packers would trade Brett to the Bills right about now. [​IMG]

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sherman isn't the GM, though, so it's not his decision to trade Favre.

I'm guessing TKO is wishing the Packers would trade Brett to the Bills right about now. [​IMG]</div>

Yea it's Thompson's call but it's probably not gonna happen. In fact it won't happen. Just some crazy out of the blue thing to talk about. Would be very weird seeing #4 on the Bills or Jets..........

Anyways TKO is probably wishing he had Drew Bledsoe right about now! [​IMG]

12. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

the packers are are way behind man come on now look at there next games even the bears will be sucking.

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>the packers are are way behind man come on now look at there next games even the bears will be sucking.</div>

way behind. Close game 32-29. Great play by Chris Gamble on 4th down to break up a pass to Driver with 1:00 left. Panthers win. Not a shocker. Again I can hardly wait til the bye week. Maybe we'll move up in the standings if which is a BIG IF we can win a home game against the Saints.

Terrance Murphy
    Mike Flanigan
    Chad Clifton
    Ahman Green

all got hurt in tonights game. Add them to Bubba Franks. Long season ahead!!

14. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Our Make Shift O-LIne played better than the normal starters for gosh sakes! Klemm after those two penalties played stellar at Left Tackle, Wells should start at Center for the rest of the year, Flanny seems to have lost a step poor guy.

15. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">GOOD NEWS FOR PACKER FANS!</span>
    Brett's <u>trade value</u> went up Monday night! :cheesey:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It was vintage Favre, but despite his best efforts, the Green Bay Packers are off to their worst start in 17 years.

Favre threw four touchdown passes Monday night but couldn't overcome two early turnovers that the Panthers used to build a big lead, and Carolina held on for a 32-29 victory.

The Packers fell to 0-4 for the first time since 1988.

"It's hard to express in words how disappointed I am. I left it all on the field," Favre said. "I've never been 0-4, but it's a hand we've been dealt."

Rallying Green Bay from a 19-point deficit in the third quarter, Favre threw two touchdown passes and two 2-point conversions in the fourth quarter and had the Packers in position to win the game on their final drive.</div>

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">GOOD NEWS FOR PACKER FANS!</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It was vintage Favre, but despite his best efforts, the Green Bay Packers are off to their worst start in 17 years.

Favre threw four touchdown passes Monday night but couldn't overcome two early turnovers that the Panthers used to build a big lead, and Carolina held on for a 32-29 victory.

"It's hard to express in words how disappointed I am. I left it all on the field," Favre said. "I've never been 0-4, but it's a hand we've been dealt."

Rallying Green Bay from a 19-point deficit in the third quarter, Favre threw two touchdown passes and two 2-point conversions in the fourth quarter and had the Packers in position to win the game on their final drive.</div></div>

You know whats sad.......... [​IMG]

As bad and I mean BAD as the Packers are. There still only a game behind everyone else in the divsion.

17. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

It's nice to see you Packer fans feel <u>our</u> pain! LOL ... All of us NFC North fans feel real bad for you. When was the last time the Pack started 0-5?

18. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">GOOD NEWS FOR PACKER FANS!</span>

Rallying Green Bay from a 19-point deficit in the third quarter, Favre threw two touchdown passes and two 2-point conversions in the fourth quarter and had the Packers in position to win the game on their final drive.</div></div>

You know whats sad.......... [​IMG]

As bad and I mean BAD as the Packers are. There still only a game behind everyone else in the divsion.</div>

game and a half actually. And Zach, nice tagline

19. favre4mvp

favre4mvp nfl-*****s member

I can not believe this is even being talked about... its the most ridiculus thing Ive ever heard. It will never happen and if anyone in here thinks that it might doesnt know a thing about football.

20. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Again, the question was not 'will it happen, but 'should' it happen. We all know that Green Bay won't do this, but what is the right thing for Green Bay to do with Favre?

I say check with him first, but if he wants another championship, give him the opportunity with a team in position to win a SB.