Should the Pack trade Brett Favre to the Jets?

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by Zackman, Oct 2, 2005.

1. favre4mvp

favre4mvp nfl-*****s member

"should it happen"? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Brett Favre is a legend in Green Bay, hell they even have streets named after him... you do not trade a legend away, especially one that has had his entire career in Green Bay. And there is no way Favre would want to be traded... I would never want him to traded, no matter what we got in return. He has been this team for the past 15 years and I couldnt imagine him on another team. Thats like seeing your wife with another man! (Dumb comparison, but I think it works...) Plus I dont think anyone would give up much for him, as he probably will retire soon. So no, it shouldnt happen along with it wont happen.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Again, the question was not 'will it happen, but 'should' it happen. We all know that Green Bay won't do this, but what is the right thing for Green Bay to do with Favre?

I say check with him first, but if he wants another championship, give him the opportunity with a team in position to win a SB.</div>

If Favre were to say trade me to a team that can win the Super Bowl. Then I agree. Go for it. If they just flat out do it then I disagree 100%.

Edit: Zakman your right. 0-5 is probably gonna happen. Anyways now as a Packer fan I now no what Lions fans have gone through for the past 10 years or so and will continue to go through until they find a consistent playing QB. Can you say 1-3!

3. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Green Bay better win against New Orleans. I need some NFC South loses to ATL, Bucs, NO

4. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If Favre were to say trade me to a team that can win the Super Bowl. Then I agree. Go for it. If they just flat out do it then I disagree 100%.</div>

That's exactly how I feel. If Favre asked to be traded, I'd be fine with it. I just don't want to see him run out of town like Joe Montana.

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Yea I have a good feeling about this week. Home against a Saint team who has a lot going on and Joe Horn might be out for the game. I honestly think we'll get our first win this week. Now the chances I am wrong are probably very high but I just feel this is the week.

To quote Michael Wilbon! The Packers won't win this year.

I'd like to win the divsion and stuff it in his Bear(no beef with Bear fans on this site) loving ass and Michael Irvin as well.

6. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>the packers are are way behind man come on now look at there next games even the bears will be sucking.</div>

way behind. Close game 32-29. Great play by Chris Gamble on 4th down to break up a pass to Driver with 1:00 left. Panthers win. Not a shocker. Again I can hardly wait til the bye week. Maybe we'll move up in the standings if which is a BIG IF we can win a home game against the Saints.

Terrance Murphy
    Mike Flanigan
    Chad Clifton
    Ahman Green

all got hurt in tonights game. Add them to Bubba Franks. Long season ahead!!</div>

close game or not u are still 0-4 with 9 touchdowns and 8 picks and i do like favre and think he is great but i know that if the bears had a heathly none rookie at Qb we would be good at o but we dont so were jus gonna have to work with but a lose is a lose porky

7. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Favre will lead the team this weekend, and win the game. All he needs is his recievers to catch the ball and he will be fine

8. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (favre4mvp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can not believe this is even being talked about... its the most ridiculus thing Ive ever heard. It will never happen and if anyone in here thinks that it might doesnt know a thing about football.</div>

I'm beginning to think that you don't know much about football or it's history with this post. We all know that Joe Montana was run out of town by the San Francisco 49ers and he lead them to four Super Bowls. In Montana's day, he was bigger than Favre. Johnny Unitas finished his career with the Chargers, not the Colts. Joe Namath finished his career with the Rams, not the Jets. Let's not forget Dan Marino. After Marino let the Dolphins void his contract, Wannstedt didn't offer him a new one. I remember because I called the Dolphins and told their PR guy that if the Dolphins didn't make things right with Dan, then I would turn my back on 25 years (at the time) of being a Dolfan and find a new team. Dan would have had to have gone to another team to continue his career, probably Vikings or Steelers, but chose to retire instead. So, don't be calling this topic rediculous or insulting folks for talking about the possibility. It's very possible. If you think Favre is too popular for the Packers front office to deal him, you better think again. That doesn't make it right, but that's life in the NFL.

9. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

Yes, it is possible but this won;t happen. Whatever about in the offseason. Not halfway through the season, that is basically saying that Favre is the problem and that is not the truth.

Plain and Simply, the Packers will finish 4-12 if they don't pull their socks up!

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>the packers are are way behind man come on now look at there next games even the bears will be sucking.</div>

way behind. Close game 32-29. Great play by Chris Gamble on 4th down to break up a pass to Driver with 1:00 left. Panthers win. Not a shocker. Again I can hardly wait til the bye week. Maybe we'll move up in the standings if which is a BIG IF we can win a home game against the Saints.

Terrance Murphy
    Mike Flanigan
    Chad Clifton
    Ahman Green

all got hurt in tonights game. Add them to Bubba Franks. Long season ahead!!</div>

close game or not u are still 0-4 with 9 touchdowns and 8 picks and i do like favre and think he is great but i know that if the bears had a heathly none rookie at Qb we would be good at o but we dont so were jus gonna have to work with but a lose is a lose porky</div>

Again all you continue to say is "what if" Stop it with the "what if" and work with what you have. Your the only Bear fan on here that says well "if" we had a good QB we'd be good. That can be said for MOST TEAMS IN THE NFL. The FACT IS you have a rookie QB. Cheer for him because he's your guy. Don't go "what if this" "what if that" Everyone is a rookie at sometime. Orton is a rookie now. Live with it.

11. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, it is possible but this won;t happen. Whatever about in the offseason. Not halfway through the season, that is basically saying that Favre is the problem and that is not the truth.

Plain and Simply, the Packers will finish 4-12 if they don't pull their socks up!</div>

It's not saying that Favre is the problem. It would be saying that the Packers need to look to the future (by aquiring future draft picks) and Favre has some market value to a team that has a chance to win right now.

12. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

no one would give a 1st round pick for favre. He is going to retire soon. I dont think the packers would trade him. The Jets have only a week left to find a QB

13. Wannab Favre

They will stick with Testaverde. Can someone remind me why they got rid of Quincy Carter, I know he had problems but both the Cowboys and Jets were too hard on him. He was playing well!!

14. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Thats what iv'e been saying all along! Quincy could have been a very good QB I hope he gets another chance with someone.

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>no one would give a 1st round pick for favre. He is going to retire soon. I dont think the packers would trade him. The Jets have only a week left to find a QB</div>

Who said anything about a first round draft pick? I think they might get a package of lower round draft picks for him and that would be very valuable for the Packers' rebuilding process.

16. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>They will stick with Testaverde. Can someone remind me why they got rid of Quincy Carter, I know he had problems but both the Cowboys and Jets were too hard on him. He was playing well!!</div>

Do you really need a reminder that Quincy Carter sucks? His QB rating was never higher than 72.3 while he was with the Cowboys. He always threw more interceptions than TDs. In fact, for his career, he has 32 TDs and 37 INTs. Then, he got a suspension for failing a drug test and Parcells kicked him to the curb. His numbers with the Jets look a little better but he only threw 58 passes. I don't know why the Jets cut him except that they felt they had better players to keep. That says a lot because one of those QBs is Jay Fiedler. I don't know anyone comes to the conclusion that Quincy Carter is a "very good QB." He's a marginal player at best.

17. Wannab Favre

I never said that he was very good but ypu look at the QB stuff going on in New York and you are telling me that Herm Edwards wouldn't like to have Carter back?

Stats are great and I love them but the only stats that matter are the ones in the Wins/Lose category and he was 2-1 as a jets starter. He also got the 'Boys to the playoffs in 2003 with a 10-6 record!

If I had a choice of any QB in the league, beleive me, carter wouldn't be in the top 32 but right now he would do for a jets team that will suffer with either Bollinger or Vinny T

18. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>Stats are great and I love them but the only stats that matter are the ones in the Wins/Lose category and he was 2-1 as a jets starter. He also got the 'Boys to the playoffs in 2003 with a 10-6 record!</div>

The reason you say that the only stat that matters is win-loss records is because you know that the statistics don't back your argument. Football is a team game and the win-loss record is how you measure teams. QB ratings along with attempts, completions, yards, Tds, INTs and etc. are how we judge individual performances and come to reasonable conclusions as to the strengths and weaknesses of teams. The only reasonable conclusion that Quincy Carter's stats provide is that he was a weak link of a good team that depended on it's defense. Go ahead and hide behind the "only stat that matters is win-loss" argument. I'm sure it's easier than coming up with an argument that contains some actual substance. In fact, you might want to go read some old Michael Vick threads. The Vick-o-lytes are masters of the "only stat that matters is win-loss" argument.

19. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'> Stats are great and I love them but the only stats that matter are the ones in the Wins/Lose category and he was 2-1 as a jets starter. He also got the 'Boys to the playoffs in 2003 with a 10-6 record!</div>

The reason you say that the only stat that matters is win-loss records is because you know that the statistics don't back your argument. Football is a team game and the win-loss record is how you measure teams. QB ratings along with attempts, completions, yards, Tds, INTs and etc. are how we judge individual performances and come to reasonable conclusions as to the strengths and weaknesses of teams. The only reasonable conclusion that Quincy Carter's stats provide is that he was a weak link of a good team that depended on it's defense. Go ahead and hide behind the "only stat that matters is win-loss" argument. I'm sure it's easier than coming up with an argument that contains some actual substance. In fact, you might want to go read some old Michael Vick threads. The Vick-o-lytes are masters of the "only stat that matters is win-loss" argument.</div>

hahahaha too true.

20. Wannab Favre

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'> Stats are great and I love them but the only stats that matter are the ones in the Wins/Lose category and he was 2-1 as a jets starter. He also got the 'Boys to the playoffs in 2003 with a 10-6 record!</div>

The reason you say that the only stat that matters is win-loss records is because you know that the statistics don't back your argument. Football is a team game and the win-loss record is how you measure teams. QB ratings along with attempts, completions, yards, Tds, INTs and etc. are how we judge individual performances and come to reasonable conclusions as to the strengths and weaknesses of teams. The only reasonable conclusion that Quincy Carter's stats provide is that he was a weak link of a good team that depended on it's defense. Go ahead and hide behind the "only stat that matters is win-loss" argument. I'm sure it's easier than coming up with an argument that contains some actual substance. In fact, you might want to go read some old Michael Vick threads. The Vick-o-lytes are masters of the "only stat that matters is win-loss" argument.</div>

Ok fair enough, not saying that Wins and Loses aren't the most important but you are talking as though I have come out here and said that Quincy Carter is Pro Bowl material and an All Pro Qb. I never did but you have to admit that looking at their situation, do you not think the Jets would like to have a player of Carter's "caliber"

He sure would do a job for them and so what if there are a couple of games that the jets have to win it with defense, they have a good defense and could manage. it happens to every team and that is what they are there for. And you say that Carter always threw more INT's than TD's, well at least there would be TD's on this Jets offense. They can not throw the ball and thus can not run it!

Bottom Line is that Carter would be an upgrade if he filled in for either Bollinger or Testaverde! That is what I'm trying to say, without people saying that I've predicted Quincy Carter for an MVP award!